[1.2] SpaceDock

Fendrin

26 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

so with the extra file it makes the claws from konstruction like a robot?

(also, does the extra file come with CKAN? I got the mod via ckan, and kis/kas, but have not played with it yet.)

Not quite, its make the SpaceDock like a robot. In the long term the hope is that the claws will be able to act like the robot arms similar to a car plant. But at the minute with the KIS.dll linked in the first post its just the dock that acts like a robot.

I don't think the extra file is on CKAN yet, but unable to confirm as i don;t use CKAN personally.

53 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

Not quite, its make the SpaceDock like a robot. In the long term the hope is that the claws will be able to act like the robot arms similar to a car plant. But at the minute with the KIS.dll linked in the first post its just the dock that acts like a robot.

I don't think the extra file is on CKAN yet, but unable to confirm as i don;t use CKAN personally.

ok. if it isn't, how would I install it? (I install most mods via CKAN, due to lack of knowledge of how to do it manually.)

21 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

If you click the hyperlink on the first post it will download (or prompt to download) the modified KIS.dll

Once you have this, copy that file into the appropriate KIS folder in the GameData folder for your KSP to replace the original KIS.dll

so just drop it into the KIS folder? also, will this modify the rest of KIS/KAS function?

13 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

so just drop it into the KIS folder? also, will this modify the rest of KIS/KAS function?

It shoud not affect any of the other KIS functionality, I did not write the code @Fendrin is the brains behind that. but i have it running on my KSP 1.2.2

It goes into the plugin folder inside the KIS folder.

9 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

the KIS.dll file is a something that is used by KSP. its can't be opened by itself (unless you have a compiler, even then it does not make that much sense).

Thats why it needs to just replace the original KIS.dll in the KIS plugin folder.

I told it to save though not open...

EDIT!: I just remembered to check downloads, its there. :) thanks!

Edited by nascarlaser1

Hi again! final question (I hope :P)!

I really like this mod, but I when I strap the KIS core big green and orange crates to the sides of the space dock, and spawn it onto the runway (I plan on hyper editing it up into orbit since my skills are... less than optimal), the crates either collide with the side of the space dock and explode, or they don't even seem to connect and just fall on the floor. I have enough struts to pin a rhino to the floor, yet they don't seem to help. am I messing up something?

mods I'm using: 

KIS/KAS

USI core

USI Life support (but no mks/oks)

Extra planetary Launchpad

5 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

when I strap the KIS core big green and orange crates to the sides of the space dock, and spawn it onto the runway (I plan on hyper editing it up into orbit since my skills are... less than optimal), the crates either collide with the side of the space dock and explode, or they don't even seem to connect and just fall on the floor. I have enough struts to pin a rhino to the floor, yet they don't seem to help. am I messing up something?

Which dock are you using? Can you share a screenshot of what it looks like in the VAB?

55 minutes ago, steedcrugeon said:

Which dock are you using? Can you share a screenshot of what it looks like in the VAB?

the second smallest. I think its called the 2l or 2m? It the one right before the smallest one. Screenshot uploads take forever on my pc, but tomorrow I can supply the craft file (not even on my ksp machine for the rest of day).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, steedcrugeon said:

Cool, I'll have  look at it on my modded install over the next couple of days and see what I can find out.

would using tiny little metal rods (don't remember their name, but they look like the things used for building skyscrapers) to attach the containers to the space dock help? I still cant figure out why they wont attach properly :(.

Edited by nascarlaser1

17 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

i'm struggling to replicate your fault unfortunately. are you making sure the nodes line up properly?

I'm not sure. I lined up the boxes so that they fit in line with the rest of the dock thing. Does the craft file help? (I cant test it right now though :(. I broke my game and only have a backup of the save, but no game itself. The back up is from last week though so nothing from the problem should change if you need another craft file).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

so i just launched a space dock for the first time in a while and i cant build anything  (using epl) the option on the menu isint there, has this support be retracted of have i dun goofed?

Which model of the Dock are you experiencing these issues with? they should still support EPL so it may be an issue with some of my later models as Fendrin did not get the chance to QA them all for the BetaTest batch.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, www2 said:

Is this compatible witch 1.3?

As far as being 100% compatible, I'm not sure, but I've been able to load KSY v1.3 with this mod installed, getting no crashes so far.

Hopefully a definitive KSP v1.3 version will be released? :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.