[1.2] SpaceDock

Fendrin

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Is this still in development or actively maintained?

Sort of. Unfortunately Fendrin appears to have left the KSP scene, The SpaceDock Beta Models I put out on Spacedock (the hosting site) in the Development thread. The MidiDock has been shelved for a short while, the modelling is almost done apart from the deployment of the inflatable crew tube to the control station (the IVA has not ben done yet).

If the Parts for SpaceDock are of use by themselves I will consider releasing them under their own parts mod.

I have a couple of other mods I am working on which have taken precedence at present but rest assured, the parts have not been abandoned.

I truly love this mod! Beautiful design etc, I also love using it to unload my space planes etc.

now the bug report, to make the spacedocks perform as an engineer with a tool in its hand i need a new .dll but the link in the op doesnt work and the one i dug up from your github doesnt appear to work either.   :(

11 hours ago, Lord_inter said:

I truly love this mod! Beautiful design etc, I also love using it to unload my space planes etc.

now the bug report, to make the spacedocks perform as an engineer with a tool in its hand i need a new .dll but the link in the op doesnt work and the one i dug up from your github doesnt appear to work either.   :(

Glad your enjoying it.

Alas the .dll file you are referring to needs to be recompiled for 1.3 but if you are running 1.2 then it should work without issue.

no 1.3 is recompiling something I could do with some kind of software for my own "enjoyment"?

I am kind of recreating the concept Reaction Engines ltd (the company that owns Skylon) have for there Mars mission on my twitch stream :D

this dock is a major part in it tbh

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 08/11/2017 at 6:35 PM, Denko666 said:

tested on 1.3.1 and uploaded to spacedock.info : https://spacedock.info/mod/1585/Spacedocks Redeployed

Sir I Love you!

But (always a but :( ) have you managed to update the KIS patch to allow the spacedocks to work as an engineer with a tool in its hand?

Or is it that I'm using 1.3 and the patch only works on 1.3.1?

Edited by Lord_inter

10 hours ago, Lord_inter said:

Sir I Love you!

But (always a but :( ) have you managed to update the KIS patch to allow the spacedocks to work as an engineer with a tool in its hand?

Or is it that I'm using 1.3 and the patch only works on 1.3.1?

No, Denko has only 're-boxed' the previous release of SpaceDock components. The ShipYards plugin that Fendrin wrote is not compatible with 1.3/1.3.1 (that's the part that allows you to use the SpaceDock as a engineer).

^- what he said :wink:

Was the plugin separate? or did it come with the spacedocks?

NVM, i found it on github.

I've skimmed over some of the source code for the KIS.dll and: This is not something that can be fixed quickly or easily. Fendrin forked KIS at version 1.3.0 (for KSP 1.2). and hasn't updated the code since nov 2016. Which means that his modified KIS is for KSP 1.2. In order to get it to 1.3.1 his fork needs to catch up with the current KIS for KSP1.3.1. And pray that the original KIS project hasn't changed anything that Fendrin edited in his fork. What he should have done is use pull requests to have his modifications for the spacedocks integrated with the original KIS, that way they would have been taken along across updates all the way to KSP1.3.1. (provided it doesn't conflict with changes within KSP itself). This is no critique on Fendrin, his choice to fork is perfectly understandable for him at the time he did it. Unfortunately, with Fendrin MIA for a year, there is no one else to perform administrative tasks on the project, or anyone left who has an overview of what got changed by Fendrin. 

The only solution i see is reverse engineer the source code of Fendrin's fork to extract the necessary changes and translate them into pull requests for the actual KIS project. Which is going to be tedious  work. Not to mention any possible objections the KIS team may have to some of those changes.

Edited by Denko666
new info

4 hours ago, Denko666 said:

^- what he said :wink:

- {SNIP} -

Unfortunately, with Fendrin MIA for a year, there is no one else to perform administrative tasks on the project, or anyone left who has an overview of what got changed by Fendrin. 

Not technically accurate, I collaborated with Fendrin on the evolution of SpaceDock and its sister Mod, ShipYards. I actually have some knowledge and old conversations of how the mod was progressed and where it was/is headed.

Alas I lack the technical coding ability (in any form) to carry this mod further. Fendrin unofficially abandoned development of this mod towards the end of December last year (that is the last time I was in contact with him). But development on the Deployable dock models progressed and there are as yet unreleased variants.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

@steedcrugeon hey bud. Not sure if youre planning on any updates for this mod. But ive taken the liberty of forking it and updating the cfgs outofdate modules. EPL for example.

Ive also added your micro/nano docks to the pack as well(I love those!)

Was wondering the state of the shipyard mod? Seems like EPL does what that is supposed to do now?

Anyways..I wanted to let ya know and give people a WIP update for these masterpieces. 

Heres the github(forked name is also WIP :sealed:) hope you approve!

https://github.com/JesusTheBird/SpaceDockReBox

All bugs/suggestions should reported to the github repo, you can post it here sure, however..I may not see it, and it may not involve the original content(extra patches and such).

Ill make a forum thread if @steedcrugeon is ok with it and once I feel its ready for a re-re-release

Go easy on me. First time doing such a project ;)

Edited by Jesusthebird

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Jesusthebird

I'm in the process or updating the Warpship for 1.8.  Are you planning on doing anything with this mod?

@steedcrugeon any problem with my adopting this?

Upon the unity version switch I probably need to learn how the dds conversions work, I havnt tested spacedock on 1.8. The only thing I did to this mod was update some cfgs and redo some of the folder paths(I also added some additional stand alone parts from steeds previous projects that I felt should be included in the this mod as a total package), my changelog was fairly detailed. But i havnt really had the time lately to keep up with it. A couple posts up is the github repo for the 'more' up to date version. Feel free to do what you like to it :wink: with steedcrugeons blessing im assuming?

Edited by Jesusthebird

19 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

Upon the unity version switch I probably need to learn how the dds conversions work, I havnt tested spacedock on 1.8. The only thing I did to this mod was update some cfgs and redo some of the folder paths(I also added some additional stand alone parts from steeds previous projects that I felt should be included in the this mod as a total package), my changelog was fairly detailed. But i havnt really had the time lately to keep up with it. A couple posts up is the github repo for the 'more' up to date version. Feel free to do what you like to it :wink: with steedcrugeons blessing im assuming?

I've already cloned it, thanks.  I haven't heard from @steedcrugeon yet

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.