how did you find out about ksp??

TheGuyNamedAlan

Friend posted an image of his lander on Mun.  Looked interesting, so I spent a week or so researching it, finally bought it (0.23 or 0.24... can't recall exactly), messed around with it for a few weeks.  I think I made my first Mun landing in less than a week after buying it, and I wasn't using any mods at the time, nor had I discovered the forums yet.  Put it away for awhile, as I had other things going on.  Picked it up again around 0.90, and have been playing off and on ever since.  Steam shows me as having played for 4 hours, but I've probably actually got somewhere around 500 or more - I never use Steam to play the game, as I have several versions in my KSP Stuff folder on my desktop.

Still too busy to play much, though.

I... honestly don't remember.

5 hours ago, TheGuyNamedAlan said:

wow, we really have some people who joined before 0.90 i am very impressed

i joined ksp just as ksp 1.1.2 was releaed.

You mean .26?

Anyway I don't see how that's impressive, I've been round since .20 and there are still loads of people who've been around much longer than me. Doesn't really matter when you got here though, as long as you are that's good enough.

Pretty much the same way I found out about Minecraft. Saw a video about it in only of my many YouTube subscriptions,Thought it was interesting, looked up a few more videos, then decided to try it for myself. I played the KSP Demo for about 5 hours straight before deciding I needed to buy the game. That was back in 0.17 or 0.18.

You know, I don't quite remember; it was back in 2014, and I really have no idea what precipitated getting the game.

What I do remember is that my brother saw KSP, thought I'd like it, and found I already had it. That little Christmas gift idea did not work out.

Edited by Starman4308

Got bored with FSX for a bit, but wanted another sim type game, so I googled "rocket game" or "space game" (can't remember specifically) and found Scott Manley and started watching. Bought the game soon after on 31-10-2013. Cool! Almost the 3 year anniversary! 

I really don't remember, it was probably YouTube (Scott Manley?) at the time of 0.18 with the old launch pad and I remember being updated within a matter of days to 0.19.

l don't think I really played anything else for about 2yrs before I finally got burned out.

I was mid way though an awful breakup, during a very rough patch at work and I wanted something distract myself with. I'd been playing Faster Than Light (a lot, that game was nails) and steam recommended KSP to me. Not expecting much, I downloaded 0.18. After several hours, lots of explosions and grinning like an imbecile, I picked up a textbook or two... Long story short, I have a new job, a wife, I'm studying astrophysics and I have some 900 hours logged. Yeah, KSP worked for me :)

On 10/22/2016 at 9:01 AM, Starhawk said:

I read this webcomic.

That's exactly where I heard about it too! I got the demo and actually played it all the way through to a successful mun landing and return, before I bought the full game--which required a rescue, and then a rescue of a rescue, and another rescue after that--because even in the demo "no one gets left behind" :) 

Through STEAM. I saw it in my new games feed, downloaded the demo (.18) then within ten minutes, knew I had to purchase the early pre-release for $5.99 and that was version .20! By far, it has been the best investment of my money. I also bought it through the KSP store at one point, just to see if there were any additional features... combined, I think I still spent under $30, and never have been disappointed with the purchase.

@SQUAD: In my opinion, KSP rates right up with Civilization IV as being one of the best video games ever!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.