[1.2.2] Through The Eyes Of A Kerbal (1st person EVA) continued [1.1.1] (Apr 1, 2017)

Ser

Despite the time I've spent on this mod since May, 2015 recompiling/testing/fixing/tearing my hair out is a great pity for me, I must admint the fact that I can't maintain the mod as intensively as it should be done now.

I think everyone would benefit if @Virindi takes over maintenance: I'll move over to new ideas, Virindi will be able to take all the pride of his work and the community will get amazing new features (they are really cool, I've tried them).

So, @Virindi, I've made the decision, take it. I've made a pair of commits and merged the PR to my master branch. Since you've killed the ability to specify the direction of running with mouse, leaving only keyboard for that, my idea was to make a kerbal to turn at slow rate while standing, faster while walking and at the fastest rate while running. But I couldn't distinguish between running and walking yet.
BTW, SAS feature is good. I realized that stock EVA was on actually SAS when tried your version.

I have just a pair of things to ask:

Please, don't put anything in the kind of pink ponies or kerbals farting with elefants to the mod.
And hand the mod maintanance back to me in case you feel you start losing interest or time to do it yourself.

Edited by Ser

3 hours ago, Ser said:

So, @Virindi, I've made the decision, take it. I've made a pair of commits and merged the PR to my master branch. Since you've killed the ability to specify the direction of running with mouse, leaving only keyboard for that, my idea was to make a kerbal to turn at slow rate while standing, faster while walking and at the fastest rate while running. But I couldn't distinguish between running and walking yet.

Could you explain exactly what you mean by mouse running? Because different control methods are not ruled out by the way KerbalEVA has been overridden...we could basically do whatever we want, including different modes. FPS style mouselook+turn is quite possible.

Edit: New thread:

Edited by Virindi