How doe Fuel Flow work in 1.2?

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the fuel delivery overlay, and what the different number are telling me. I assume that the orange 'cubes' resent fuel tanks, green cubes engines, and the green wavy line represents the direction of fuel flow, but I don't understand what the effect is of changing the flow priority on different tanks, as changing them up or down does not seem to make much difference.

Is there any documentation explaining what tweaking these settings is supposed to achieve?

Thanks

Paul

23 minutes ago, Paul G said:

I'm trying to understand the fuel delivery overlay, and what the different number are telling me. I assume that the orange 'cubes' resent fuel tanks, green cubes engines, and the green wavy line represents the direction of fuel flow, but I don't understand what the effect is of changing the flow priority on different tanks, as changing them up or down does not seem to make much difference.

The priority numbers let you program which tanks will be emptied first. The higher the number/priority, the earlier they will be emptied. Note that when the numbers are negative, a higher priority is shown by a 'smaller' negative (closer to zero).

The green wavy line at the moment does not change direction with how the fuel flow is programmed, so just take it as informational to show which tanks a particular engine can draw fuel from.

5 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

The priority numbers let you program which tanks will be emptied first. The higher the number/priority, the earlier they will be emptied. Note that when the numbers are negative, a higher priority is shown by a 'smaller' negative (closer to zero).

The green wavy line at the moment does not change direction with how the fuel flow is programmed, so just take it as informational to show which tanks a particular engine can draw fuel from.

Thank you :) that is exactly what I needed.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Stoney3K said:

So we can finally drain rocket tanks from the bottom up to prevent flip happy rockets? Sweet.

Currently, by default, it's even nicer: drains all tanks of given stage evenly, unless you change their priorities.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.