It's Been Over A Quarter Of A Year

47 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

There is a HUGE difference between buying a game before 1.00 and 1.00. The PC version DOES get much more attention. Weather console gets PC features in the future or not is irrelevant, because at this point in time they're talking about PC.

There is a NO difference between buying a game before 1.00 and after 1.00. The PC version DOES NOT get much more attention. Whether console gets PC features in the future or not is relevant, because at this point in time they're talking about THE CORE VERSION OF THE GAME FROM WHICH EVERYTHING IS DERIVED FROM. 

you pay what you believe the game is worth at the time when you buy it, but either way the game is expected to work as advertised. Us early access buyers are no more or less entitled to a working product than you are (how entitled any of us are as a whole is still up for debate though) you keep trying to draw this line in the sand, but in reality we are all in the same boat that crashed on this desert island the dev news pertains to the same game you are playing, many of your bugs not introduced by your own exclusive extra dev team(FTE) are the same as ours, your in game features are the same as ours, your potential in game accomplishments are the same as ours, so on and so forth. so stop trying to demand an extra share of the coconuts just because your update cycle lags 3-6 months behind.

It occurs to me given the popularity of the game and the fact it was also an indie title, that some people may thing of this like Minecraft.  Rest assured it is not.  Minecraft is a different game on each platform it is developed for.  They aren't even programmed in the same languages.  The PC, XBox, Apple iOS, etc. versions are not the same game at all.

KSP is not, it is the exact same game on every platform it is developed for and it is all derived from the PC version.  Most fixes are platform agnostic (except for the save issue which is in fact platform specific) so if you want those agnostic bug fixes in the derivative, they have to come to the superior first.

Edited by Alshain

1 hour ago, passinglurker said:

There is a NO difference between buying a game before 1.00 and after 1.00. The PC version DOES NOT get much more attention. Whether console gets PC features in the future or not is relevant, because at this point in time they're talking about THE CORE VERSION OF THE GAME FROM WHICH EVERYTHING IS DERIVED FROM. 

you pay what you believe the game is worth at the time when you buy it, but either way the game is expected to work as advertised. Us early access buyers are no more or less entitled to a working product than you are (how entitled any of us are as a whole is still up for debate though) you keep trying to draw this line in the sand, but in reality we are all in the same boat that crashed on this desert island the dev news pertains to the same game you are playing, many of your bugs not introduced by your own exclusive extra dev team(FTE) are the same as ours, your in game features are the same as ours, your potential in game accomplishments are the same as ours, so on and so forth. so stop trying to demand an extra share of the coconuts just because your update cycle lags 3-6 months behind.

The difference between 1.00 and before 1.00: Before 1.00 means it's NOT a finished product and is still being developed. 1.00 means it IS a finished product and is no longer in development. Anyone who got the game before 1.00 has absolutely no right to complain about the bugs in the game prior to 1.00 because it was unfinished. I played the PC version many years ago before version 1.00 and it wasn't that bad for a beta. As for me, I bought version 1.00. I bought a finished product. Instead, I got a game that had more bugs than the beta version that I played. But to be fair, I only played the beta version for a combined total of about 10-15 hours. Look through their announcements and compare how many times they talk about the PC version and the PC features compared to console. All I want is for them to make the game playable, just enough so my saves don't get corrupted. Or at the very least for them to keep us posted on the progress for the console update on a somewhat regular basis, like "oh we solved this issue" or "we're working on this bug". Like just tell us what's going on ever two weeks or so. Instead, they just say "we're working on it".

1 minute ago, Jeremiah said:

The difference between 1.00 and before 1.00: Before 1.00 means it's NOT a finished product and is still being developed. 1.00 means it IS a finished product and is no longer in development. Anyone who got the game before 1.00 has absolutely no right to complain about the bugs in the game prior to 1.00 because it was unfinished. I played the PC version many years ago before version 1.00 and it wasn't that bad for a beta. As for me, I bought version 1.00. I bought a finished product. Instead, I got a game that had more bugs than the beta version that I played. But to be fair, I only played the beta version for a combined total of about 10-15 hours. Look through their announcements and compare how many times they talk about the PC version and the PC features compared to console. All I want is for them to make the game playable, just enough so my saves don't get corrupted. Or at the very least for them to keep us posted on the progress for the console update on a somewhat regular basis, like "oh we solved this issue" or "we're working on this bug". Like just tell us what's going on ever two weeks or so. Instead, they just say "we're working on it".

That's not true because we bought the game with the understanding that once 1.0 came out we would have a full retail version.  We had no reason to complain when it was in early access but it's not in early access anymore so it's changed.  It doesn't matter when we bought it, we still deserve the functional full retail version we were promised when we bought it.  If anything we actually deserve it more because we went through all the trouble of helping them develop it for years while it was in early access by way of testing and making suggestions.  But despite that I would still consider everyone equal whether you bought it in EA or Release.

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

That's not true because we bought the game with the understanding that once 1.0 came out we would have a full retail version.  We had no reason to complain when it was in early access but it's not in early access anymore so it's changed.  It doesn't matter when we bought it, we still deserve the functional full retail version we were promised when we bought it.  If anything we actually deserve it more because we went through all the trouble of helping them develop it for years while it was in early access by way of testing and making suggestions.  But despite that I would still consider everyone equal whether you bought it in EA or Release.

You missread what I said. I said people who got the game before version 1.00 have no right to complain about the bugs BEFORE version 1.00. Obviously you have the right to complain about the bugs on and after version 1.00. I am also aware that PC players have helped developed the game, which is why I'm not complaining about PC getting features before console, because you earned it for helping with the development of the game.

1 minute ago, Jeremiah said:

The difference between 1.00 and before 1.00: Before 1.00 means it's NOT a finished product and is still being developed. 1.00 means it IS a finished product and is no longer in development

That'd be nice but it didn't happen KSP hit 1.0 in name only get in touch with this reality or you will be in for a bad time.

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Anyone who got the game before 1.00 has absolutely no right to complain about the bugs in the game prior to 1.00 because it was unfinished.

And since its post 1.0 now and its still unfinished we have just as much right to complain as anyone else(how much anyone can complain as a whole is still debatable) meaning no one gets special treatment.

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

I played the PC version many years ago before version 1.00 and it wasn't that bad for a beta. As for me, I bought version 1.00. I bought a finished product. Instead, I got a game that had more bugs than the beta version that I played.

Funny enough we were in alpha before the ports were announced. The demand for a console version and the rush to accommodate this demand is directly responsible for the sorry state of the release version on all platforms if you are wondering how the release version got so bad.

10 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

But to be fair, I only played the beta version for a combined total of about 10-15 hours. Look through their announcements and compare how many times they talk about the PC version and the PC features compared to console.

Ever since the console ports were announced there has been no time they have talked exclusively about the PC version only the work on the core game. We share equally and yet you want more time and attention from the core devs because new features could be 3 months old by the time they reach you.

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

All I want is for them to make the game playable, just enough so my saves don't get corrupted.

You and everyone else. We have suffered long through multiple bugs that destroy our progress, ruin our crafts, and frustrate our intuition. Even if the saves worked you still be complaining about bad wheels, explosive landing legs, sticky docking ports, flipping rockets, glitched fairings and cargo bays, disappearing planets, randomly deconstructing space stations, and more just as we have before you. You are no different from us so you deserve no better than we have gotten.

21 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

Or at the very least for them to keep us posted on the progress for the console update on a somewhat regular basis, like "oh we solved this issue" or "we're working on this bug". Like just tell us what's going on ever two weeks or so. Instead, they just say "we're working on it".

Bull crap all through 1.2's development they told you about the long standing bugs they have been resolving among other development activities this news is just as pertinent to you as it is to us and when they had news on console specific bugs they shared that to. Stop drawing lines in the sand you are KSP player just like us.

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

You missread what I said. I said people who got the game before version 1.00 have no right to complain about the bugs BEFORE version 1.00. Obviously you have the right to complain about the bugs on and after version 1.00. I am also aware that PC players have helped developed the game, which is why I'm not complaining about PC getting features before console, because you earned it for helping with the development of the game.

Oh yeah, sure. But there really weren't many bugs in 1.0, maybe a few small ones.  1.1 screwed it up.  So I don't see how that really makes a difference though.

17 minutes ago, Alshain said:

17 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Oh yeah, sure. But there really weren't many bugs in 1.0, maybe a few small ones.  1.1 screwed it up.  So I don't see how that really makes a difference though.

It makes a difference because since you own 1.00 or higher, you have every right to complain, like I said. However, have you even seen the state the console version is in? I bought it on day 1 and I only played it for two weeks. I stopped playing it because my career saves corrupted twice, the game was unresponsive very often, the game would crash very often, the game would freeze often, etc... My game would freeze/crash/become unresponsive every hour or two. It would most commonly become unresponsive upon safe/survivable landings on Kerbal, which would cause me to lose all progress on that flight. I haven't touched the game since, and I really want to play it but I refuse to until they fix the game breaking bugs. Surely the PC version is more playable than that.

Edited by Jeremiah

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

It makes a difference because since you own 1.00 or higher, you have every right to complain, like I said. However, have you even seen the state the console version is in? I bought it on day 1 and I only played it for two weeks. I stopped playing it because my career saves corrupted twice, the game was unresponsive very often, the game would crash very often, the game would freeze often, etc... My game would freeze/crash/become unresponsive every hour or two. It would most commonly become unresponsive upon safe/survivable landings on Kerbal, which would cause me to lose all progress on that flight. I haven't touched the game since, and I really want to play it but I refuse to until they fix the game breaking bugs. Surely the PC version is more playable than that.

I understand that, and as I said before, that is unacceptable.  But what I was trying to explain is that they aren't ignoring you in favor of the PC version, most of the bug fixes will come in 1.2 and that is what the devnotes were about, that is for both PC and console.  The crashes and freezes were present in the PC version too.  That means they had to fix it in the core code.  The only bug the console has that is unique (that I am aware of) is the save issue.

In your original post you made it sound like PC users were getting everything and console users were not getting anything, but that isn't the case.  1.2 will come to you too but they had to finish it, and since the console version is the port, they have to fix it on the original first so they can port it again.  With the exception of a few wrappers to make it work with your hardware, the game you are playing is the same as ours.  The save bug is presumably in the wrapper and that's why it is unique to the console.

8 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I don't get involved with this kind of thing very often, i have to say that i find the whole treatment of the console players decidedly poor and certainly not what I've come to expect from Squad in my time playing KSP.

To be a bit cynical here, total radiosilence and simply refusing to admit there's an issue is exactly what most people on this forum, over the years, have come to expect. The console editions seem to have taken it a step further but that's mainly because the console edition is a first release, not an n-th release in which Squad was able to iron most of the bugs out. Granted, it's a port, so most of the code should work. But there's also a console-specific part, and that's where the pain is. It'll take four or five editions to iron out all the little pain points, I bet. Just as with the PC version. But those versions were free or very cheap; that's where Squad drops the ball.

You are absolutely correct, fit for purpose is an essential prerequisite of any product offered for sale within the UK,  fit for purpose means that the product or whatever it is, does exactly what it says on the tin, no more, no less. If it implied in the sales and promotion literature that KSP console version was a full working game and not an in development product, then the purchasers have every right under UK consumer law to request a full refund,  and don't think that just because Squad or their affiliates are a company based in the US \ Mexico. that in some way they are immune from this condition, they are not.

Thousands of divorced parents learn the hard way in the US that getting your right in court (for child support) does not mean getting your money. If the US courts are that indifferent to child support I doubt they'll run harder for getting money from a foreign software company who sold a game.

Now i don't know for sure how KSP for consoles was represented to it's customers in the UK,  but i reckon that if any of them paid by credit card that under UK law they would stand a very good chance of getting a refund.  That's certainly one solid way to express dissatisfaction and one that will be felt in the pocket and reputation of the companies involved

For clarity i state i have no interest either way i don't own a console, never have , likely never will, wrecked hands make those controllers torture devices,  I just think that the whole thing stinks and does remind us that despite our familiarity with Squad, KSP, etc  they're still just a company who wants to make cash above all else, and to my mind there's no difference between a burglar and a company that picks your pocket by less obvious means.

Good point. Not sure if it will work. After all, the CC company will lose their commission over the refund, and software refunds are... sketchy. I'd love to hear from someone that this worked though! Of course, if you paid with a debit card you're up the creek without a paddle.

22 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

A full price post 1.0 game is expected to at least work so you can save and such. When I bought it, I paid pittance and was told in no uncertain terms the game was still in development. 

How does paying less while the game was officially not finished mean you have less of a right to complain that post-1.0 it's still not finished? You were promised the same game that people bought after the 1.0 release so you have the exact same rights. 

13 hours ago, Alshain said:

But there really weren't many bugs in 1.0, maybe a few small ones.

I'd say the garbage collection issue is pretty big (and still not quite resolved). 

Edited by rkman

Just now, rkman said:

How does paying less while the game was officially not finished mean you have less of a right to complain that post-1.0 it's still not finished? You were promised the same game that people bought after the 1.0 release so you have the exact same rights. 

It doesn't really, I just don't feel as jilted as those on console. I do however feel their pain.. They cannot even save and the 'fix' deleted their saves. That makes the game unplayable and, for me, KSP on PC has never been unplayable.

3 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

It doesn't really, I just don't feel as jilted as those on console. I do however feel their pain.. They cannot even save and the 'fix' deleted their saves. That makes the game unplayable and, for me, KSP on PC has never been unplayable.

I agree that being unable to save is worse than what we have on PC, but for me because of the many issues that the game has, playing it started to become annoying to the point where i figured it would be better for me to wait until it is fixed.

The saddest thing is:

We knew this was gonna happen. From the moment when the console versions were announced as developed by Flying Tiger, we knew that this could only be a poor port by an inexperienced company, and we knew that one of the ports would be highly neglected by SQUAD, and it probably was gonna be the console port.

This is by no means an "it's your own fault" for console players, on the contrary! Make a ruckus, demand your money back and make SQUAD know how bad the game is.

For all the people with "unplayable" versions of the PC game: I'm not quite sure if I got super secret dev-builds off of Steam, or if my PC is magical, but my versions sure were more than "playable". They have been *played* by me for months. This includes but is not limited to: 1.0.5, 1.1.3 and 1.2. Yes, I had the occasional crash, more bugs than I can remember - but it's generally playable. This is in no way comparable to the console version where people simply can't recover their save. THAT's what I would call unplayable.

23 hours ago, Alshain said:

They just can't gripe about the PC version getting 'more attention' as if they are somehow the red headed step child. 

Of course it's true. It has been pretty obvious that SQUAD devs themselves were very little involved in the console port, both in the creation and in maintenance. Most of the work was probably done by Flying Tiger.

18 hours ago, passinglurker said:

There is a NO difference between buying a game before 1.00 and after 1.00. The PC version DOES NOT get much more attention.

Us early access buyers are no more or less entitled to a working product than you are 

Yes, there is a huge difference between before/after 1.0. before 1.0, the game is early access. That means that everyone, those are: players, devs, streamers and reviewers say "This is an early access game, bugs are likely and somewhat accepted". I believe there was even a warning about early access games on steam, about exactly that. And this is a somewhat legitimate approach: when a Kid learns a new instrument, it might eventually get really good - but not before making many, many mistakes.

However: at some point, the kid is expected to grow, just like a game. At some point there has to be a released, "finished" version. And if the game is unplayble and bugged at this point - *THAT's* where the excuses are over.

For the record, I am a PC player and mostly happy about the game. But I totally understand why console players wouldn't be.

Edited by Kobymaru

20 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Of course it's true. It has been pretty obvious that SQUAD devs themselves were very little involved in the console port, both in the creation and in maintenance. Most of the work was probably done by Flying Tiger.

That's not true, Squad devs have been very involved in 1.2, which is the core version that will be used by both PC and console.  Flying tiger just does the wrappers to make it function with the appropriate hardware.  Squad still develops the game.  It's hard to explain to non-programmers, but trust me, all the work they did on 1.2 will go into the console version.

I choose to remain optimistic. Why? I dunno, I'm stupid.

After 4 months with a broken game I think it is fair to say that the wonder and excitement of playing the long awaited KSP on console has fizzled out. For me and me alone, I think the $40 was worth it, not for the game... that would be ridiculous to say, but for being apart of this unique consumer experience. I have learned a lot and got to converse with some very great people on this forum. I have avoided bashing SQUAD and FTE because I still retain hope that they will deliver.... someday... probably a long time from now. It is frustrating, I mean, there have been class action law suites over less things in this world but let's be real, you are never getting your money back. I for one am totally cool with this. I think the one thing that stands out is that most people arn't really asking for a refund, they are asking for a fix. Why? Because this game is awesome and we want to play it. The requests to remove the game from the marketplace really stems from a helplessness felt and the need to be heard. If this were a AAA title and the console port was more in the public eye this port would have been fixed a long time ago. And there my friends is the rub. No one cares except us.

Here is my final opinion. If they pull it off and fix the ports I think they should be commended. It would be a case of a small company persevering and supporting their audience. Although it took a long time, they did the best they could under the circumstances. I for one can totally understand that.

If they sweep it under the rug, remain silent and just wait for the dust to settle I at least hope they apologize in the end. Again, I don't think they are going to. I think they will make good on their promise.

Happy Launchings.... someday.

That's not true, Squad devs have been very involved in 1.2, which is the core version that will be used by both PC and console.  Flying tiger just does the wrappers to make it function with the appropriate hardware.  Squad still develops the game. 

Apparently, this "wrapper for hardware" is not as thin as you think it is. Or maybe it's too thin for its own good. The point is, after the core version (let's be honest: it's the PC version), there is still a process of adapting for consoles, and this process entails the potential for bugs. In addition to that, there seem to be heaps of paperwork involved to get the patches out to players.

It has been very obvious that SQUAD themselves have not put a whole lot of emphasis on the porting and the QA on consoles process.

It's hard to explain to non-programmers, but trust me, all the work they did on 1.2 will go into the console version.

Good that I'm a programmer, so you can explain it to me.

I don'd know where you're getting this "unplayable" on PC from. 1.1 was very playable for me. Even if there were a few bugs, they didn't interfere with the core experience. They wre things like wheels and docking ports. Annoying, certainly, but not gamebreakingly so. The console players, on the other hand, from what I've heard, have to deal with things like corrupted saves and constant crashes. That is unplayable. "I have to install a simple mod to make my docking ports, a useful but nonessential part of the game, work" is not unplayable.

32 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

Apparently, this "wrapper for hardware" is not as thin as you think it is. Or maybe it's too thin for its own good. The point is, after the core version (let's be honest: it's the PC version), there is still a process of adapting for consoles, and this process entails the potential for bugs. In addition to that, there seem to be heaps of paperwork involved to get the patches out to players.

Of course there is potential for bugs in every bit of code, but that doesn't mean the code they are doing is going to be limited to the PC.  The code that flying tiger is doing will however be limited to the console.  The code they have been working on for 1.2 is for consoles and PCs.  So, once again, the devnotes have been mostly platform agnostic, not PC only.  There are a few areas that are of course PC only (like if they do anything with the control configurations) but mostly the development has been for both.

It has been very obvious that SQUAD themselves have not put a whole lot of emphasis on the porting and the QA on consoles process.

Correct, Flying Tiger does the porting, Squad themselves have put a whole lot of emphasis into the game versions that will be ported to the console though.  So they are still working on the console version.

Good that I'm a programmer, so you can explain it to me.

Good, you should already understand how this works then.

11 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

I don'd know where you're getting this "unplayable" on PC from. 1.1 was very playable for me. Even if there were a few bugs, they didn't interfere with the core experience. They wre things like wheels and docking ports. Annoying, certainly, but not gamebreakingly so. The console players, on the other hand, from what I've heard, have to deal with things like corrupted saves and constant crashes. That is unplayable. "I have to install a simple mod to make my docking ports, a useful but nonessential part of the game, work" is not unplayable.

There was an inordinately large number of players who were not so lucky.  There is always going to be one or two players who have a hardware configuration that doesn't play nice with the software in the PC world, but 1.1 the number was a lot bigger.  Not everyone had the problem, but it was a big enough group of us to consider the game to be in very bad condition and therefore unplayable.  Just because some players could play it, doesn't make it playable.  It just means you are lucky.

Edited by Alshain

This is probably going to be my last post on this thread.

In the announcements and daily kerbal combined mainly only talk about the PC version (aside from non-game related content such as merchandise). Yes, update 1.2 will eventually come to console, but right now it's only for PC, therefore they're not talking about console when they talk about 1.2. When they do mention console it's usually just a tiny paragraph hidden within talk about the PC version.

From what I'm seeing some people on PC on version 1.00 or higher had game breaking bugs and some people didn't have game breaking bugs whereas on console EVERYONE has a massive amount of game breaking bugs.

Before 1.00, bugs and game breaking bugs are to be expected because it is an UNFINISHED game. 1.00 and higher means it is a FINISHED game. Therefore people have no right to complain about bugs that occurred BEFORE 1.00. If you expect a working game before 1.00 then your IQ must be pretty low. For the record, there's a huge difference between reporting bugs and complaining about bugs.

New games (version 1.00) have bugs, it's perfectly normal to have bugs in a brand new game. However, if it's literally game breaking bugs that occur very often, then that is not acceptable. By game breaking, I'm talking about lost progress such as corrupt saves and things like that. It is more than obvious that they either hardly tested it at all or they knew about it and just didn't care, because I didn't get to play it for long before that stuff started happening. They only mentioned the console update about 2-3 times within the past 3 months and 11 days-or so. When you have game breaking bugs, you need to stop everything and focus all attention to fixing the corrupted saves issue at the very least, because otherwise you're kind of ignoring the issue.

I honestly don't care if PC gets exclusive features or gets features before console gets the same feature, because the people on PC (the ones who played and gave feedback before 1.00) helped create the game by doing so, therefore they earned it.

To avoid all of this they could have just released a beta for console before releasing version 1.00.

If they released an update that fied the corrupted save issue, minimized freezing, and got rid of the game becoming unresponsive, then I wouldn't be complaining. You seem to think that I'd be complaining about small things not working like wheels or docking stations or landing gear, but you're wrong. I'd just be happy to have a game that doesn't stop me from progressing in career mode.

I first played Kerbal Space Program back in school. My friend downloaded it to the computer (I don't know where from, Steam, a pirated copy, I don't know where he downloaded it from) but I played it almost every day at school at lunch time. It was on dinosaur computers so we had to keep the creations to a minimum or else we'd literally get 1 frame every 10 seconds. It was really fun, and I was relatively new to PC games (aside from flash games). I really wanted it for PlayStation 3, but I realized that it is not a console game. After high school I took a 2 year info tech course and decided that I would build my own PC and become a PC and console gamer (I still don't have a PC) and download Kerbal Space Program as one of my first PC games. Then I got a job after 2 years of info tech. After I got a job, I went on YouTube and saw that PlayStation uploaded a trailer for a game. Kerbal Space Program was that trailer. I was so excited and bought it immediately with my very first paycheck ever. I didn't expect it to be bug free, but I did expect it to work well enough for me to progress through career mode (I avoided sandbox mode because it felt like cheating to me). Within two weeks all the things I had previously said had happened, so I chose to not play Kerbal Space Program until an update fixes it. I waited and waited and I'm still waiting. I've only seen 2-3 announcements about a console update and I check every day to see if there's an update or if the update is coming anytime soon.

Does my life revolve around Kerbal Space Program? No. I just think that it's a really awesome game. Obviously I love to play other games like BATTLEFIELD, Elder Scrolls, GTA, adventure games, unique games etc... If I have a job then why don't I buy/build a PC? Because I'm saving up for college.

Hopefully that answers everything before I let this thread die.

Edited by Jeremiah

Really?  You know EVERYONE personally?  People tend to not come here unless they have a problem, so how would you possibly know everyone on console has issues?

The devnotes are agnostic, the features they develop just get to the PC first because that is the primary build.  That doesn't make the devnotes PC only, it makes them platform agnostic.

2 hours ago, Jeremiah said:

In the announcements and daily kerbal combined mainly only talk about the PC version (aside from non-game related content such as merchandise). Yes, update 1.2 will eventually come to console, but right now it's only for PC, therefore they're not talking about console when they talk about 1.2. When they do mention console it's usually just a tiny paragraph hidden within talk about the PC version.

Sorry to rain on your melancholy parade, but you are wrong. The the order in which updates are released on different platforms are irrelevant the weekly dev notes are for the entire community both pc and console because they talk about the game they are developing for everyone. They are not favoring PC users by talking about features that will come to all platforms over console specific matters. If you believe that the contents of the dev note is not written for you as much as it is written for us then you are turning down your invitation to be a part of this community and are alienating yourself from us of your own volition. If symptoms persist please see a game distributor for a distraction while KSP hopefully sorts itself out.

Edited by passinglurker

I don't think the PC a community gets better attention by will.  There  is less money to be gained in the PC market than in consoles, so a decision to deliberately forego tending to to consoles would be very silly.  I think the disparity in attention is really a function of corporate history at Squad and ease of access.  Devs all learn to work on PCs.  When was the last time you saw a kid working directly on Xbox code?  So the disparity in attention is organic to the product rather than a silly decision to neglect a lucrative market(s).

That said, I think we answer our own questions.  The worst thing Squad or FT could do is dribble a stream of marginal updates and patches, having a buggy game retain its bugs like they did in the pre release process on PC.  The console market would be shot!  They are flirting with lawn-darting their console business already.

Any team with decent management would announce they are working on the problem and stay mum until a functional repair is definitely ready.  Considering that the new version of KSP has not made it to consoles yet, I suspect the effort to fix bugs is integrated into making sure they provide a really good port and release to consoles rather than patch up an older version.  

Edited by Jonfliesgoats
Grammar

I thought it would be a good idea to designate a topic specifically for console players. This is not to create a den for SQUAD / FTE bashing, but to allow people to voice their opinions and perhaps gain more attention surrounding the console ports. The goal would be to gain enough notice so that it influences the devs to start leveling with customers on a proposed deadline of when the game will be playable. I suggest we share all the great things we love about ksp and also bring to light that it is approaching 4 months since the console release and we are basically in the dark. The goal of the topic is not to create a rift between console players and PC users. Consider this an experiment to see how many people are waiting for answers. Please keep in mind I am a huge supporter of the game and I hope that people share the pros and cons of the console experience so far.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.