It's Been Over A Quarter Of A Year

26 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

The idea that FTE and Squad are going to bump console users from 1.0 to 1.2 would be fantastic news. This is not the case. They have spent the last 4 months just trying to get 1.0 to work on consoles.

they couldn't port consoles to 1.2 (or whatever the designation will be on consoles) over the last 4 months because the core build wasn't done yet. KSP's multi-platform development is not simultaneous squad isn't big enough to pull that off so they make a core version aimed at a primary platform and gives the source code to FTE to port from there, but of course during 1.2 development FTE couldn't just be idle so they tried to fix the bugs they introduced (which unfortunately didn't go well) now with 1.2 out we don't know what will happen but either they will try to roll 1.2 and the next save fix out together or they will try to fix the save bug then port 1.2.

26 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

I hope this helps you understand why the console users feel like we are left in the dark. If the plan was just to bump to 1.2, I wish they would say that. That was the whole point of the original topic. Just to know a potential plan.

Its possible not even they know if they will push the fix first or 1.2/fix first. They are both new to this console game industry. This is then compounded by the dev turn over and the communication issues that followed, but it doesn't change that bleeding edge development news is news they mean for everyone both console and PC its just unfortunately not always the news people want to hear.

Edited by passinglurker

@Red Iron Crown - The current Xbox One version is 1.1.0.1180. The version at release on the Xbox One was 1.1.0.1157. Looking at Scott Manley's PS4 youtube videos, I assume the PS4 is currently at 1.1.0.1157. (Videos are a little fuzzy) Hope this helps. :)

17 minutes ago, Dunnfore said:

@Red Iron Crown - The current Xbox One version is 1.1.0.1180. The version at release on the Xbox One was 1.1.0.1157. Looking at Scott Manley's PS4 youtube videos, I assume the PS4 is currently at 1.1.0.1157. (Videos are a little fuzzy) Hope this helps. :)

Thanks for clarifying. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

so I signed up just to post this:

For my fellow console KSP owners (at least on xbox):  just ask for a refund.  I finally did it today after having to battle through multiple issues and eventually failing two missions at once due to Kraken rubbish.  The game has been out for what, 5 months with only one update which did not fix anything?  Im usually pretty patient but I just had to give up on this game.  FTE may be working to get 1.2 to console, but given the lack of updates and poor release, I just decided it was time to give up hope on console KSP ever being a solid product.

it was surprisingly easy too.  I got on the microsoft support page, text chat a nice lad named Ivan, told him this game had been out for 5 months with only one patch which didnt fix many issues for me, FTE has kept us in the dark, and I would like a refund. within 10 minutes, I had said refund.

So I strongly suggest all console players that are tired of dealing with this as I was, to just to the same.  It took less time to get the refund than to sign up and post this.

for those console players (if there are any) that aren't having issues and enjoy the game, Im glad the game works well for you

12 hours ago, Mihaeagle3 said:

so I signed up just to post this:

For my fellow console KSP owners (at least on xbox):  just ask for a refund.  I finally did it today after having to battle through multiple issues and eventually failing two missions at once due to Kraken rubbish.  The game has been out for what, 5 months with only one update which did not fix anything?  Im usually pretty patient but I just had to give up on this game.  FTE may be working to get 1.2 to console, but given the lack of updates and poor release, I just decided it was time to give up hope on console KSP ever being a solid product.

it was surprisingly easy too.  I got on the microsoft support page, text chat a nice lad named Ivan, told him this game had been out for 5 months with only one patch which didnt fix many issues for me, FTE has kept us in the dark, and I would like a refund. within 10 minutes, I had said refund.

So I strongly suggest all console players that are tired of dealing with this as I was, to just to the same.  It took less time to get the refund than to sign up and post this.

for those console players (if there are any) that aren't having issues and enjoy the game, Im glad the game works well for you

I just tried to get a refund but the Microsoft rep told me that games can't be refunded after release? When did you purchase the game, and what category did you choose on the support page? Thanks.

2 hours ago, OccupyDuna said:

I just tried to get a refund but the Microsoft rep told me that games can't be refunded after release? When did you purchase the game, and what category did you choose on the support page? Thanks.

If that doesn't work you might also want to try getting a ksp store account and through that account try asking squad for a free pc copy as compensation for this catastrophy. Can they say no when it costs them next to nothing to distribute copies to already paid customers through their own store?

9 hours ago, OccupyDuna said:

I purchased it right after it released.  Im not sure why they are not letting others have their refund, but I plead the case of the game being broken with no fix in sight and having been very unsatisfied with microsoft letting this broken game be released on the market and the person I was chatting with said 1 sec and few minutes later a ticket for my refund. they're usually very responsive to customers that are upset.  keeping in mind, I did this after essentially wasting 5-6 hours and I sure let them know that, and that it was not the first time that had happened

• 10 months later...

Almost 15 months now and still no update. At least they're acknowledging the situation and keeping us updated on their progress every week...

All I wanted was for them to stop the game from corrupting and to make it freeze/crash/become unresponsive less, then slowly fix the game update after update over time. At the very least they could've stopped it from corrupting, then do what they're doing now, which is re-doing the whole thing. At least we would've been able to play the game relatively safely while we waited.

Why not just release the build they have now as an open beta/early access? From what they said they have a relatively working build and the saves don't corrupt, that's good enough for me.

@Jeremiah 

I understand your frustration, nothing is going to change that much, not me or anyone else. Granted, this is bad business.

Realistically speaking I can tell you what to expect. Based on norms concerning the gaming genre we're playing here.
KSP, considering it's building complexity and other areas of complexity makes it a underachieving game when played on consoles.

Considering the mechanics, modability and config editable content the game KSP is definitely a PC game. Sure it's on consoles, great :) But it is a pc game.
I definitely support the need for a console update, or better yet, update-(s) for all I care.

But don't expect miracles. Your rant is understandable. And you deserve every attention for it. Things are as they are though. KSP is a heavily modifieable and configurable PC game. I can only suggest everyone out there to play it on PC and not on a console. And all I can do to you is recommend the same thing. That while I sincerely agree with your rant. This wasn't the short term answer you deserve, or any console player by the way.

But at best your being heard and answered for, but at worst completely ignored by Squad. And the latter definitely shouldn't happen by the way.

Squad just tries to sell as many copies they can. If people want to play on console, then that helps them in that regard. But it is a typical pc game. So if you want your worries over now buy it on PC. 
I know that isn't really helping and not the answer your looking for, but it's the best thing.

Also know that if you get your way and this update does come by you'll have more things to complain about as you go. Things probably manageable or moddable if you had the game on PC. 

Edited by Helmetman

2 hours ago, Helmetman said:

@Jeremiah 

I understand your frustration, nothing is going to change that much, not me or anyone else. Granted, this is bad business.

Realistically speaking I can tell you what to expect. Based on norms concerning the gaming genre we're playing here.
KSP, considering it's building complexity and other areas of complexity makes it a underachieving game when played on consoles.

Considering the mechanics, modability and config editable content the game KSP is definitely a PC game. Sure it's on consoles, great :) But it is a pc game.
I definitely support the need for a console update, or better yet, update-(s) for all I care.

But don't expect miracles. Your rant is understandable. And you deserve every attention for it. Things are as they are though. KSP is a heavily modifieable and configurable PC game. I can only suggest everyone out there to play it on PC and not on a console. And all I can do to you is recommend the same thing. That while I sincerely agree with your rant. This wasn't the short term answer you deserve, or any console player by the way.

But at best your being heard and answered for, but at worst completely ignored by Squad. And the latter definitely shouldn't happen by the way.

Squad just tries to sell as many copies they can. If people want to play on console, then that helps them in that regard. But it is a typical pc game. So if you want your worries over now buy it on PC. 
I know that isn't really helping and not the answer your looking for, but it's the best thing.

Also know that if you get your way and this update does come by you'll have more things to complain about as you go. Things probably manageable or moddable if you had the game on PC. 

I don't currently own a computer nor can I afford to build/buy one. I much prefer the convenience and simplicity of console over PC anyway (I have done a bit of PC gaming in the past), so PC is out of the question.

I almost never complain about video games that are playable, so no I would not complain. I recently bought Shoppe Keep and it's probably more buggy than KSP on console, it even corrupted the saves regularly, even more often than KSP does. I complained to them about the save issue via e-mail and they told me they're already working it, the next day they released an update specifically to fix the corrupted save issue. Though the game is still more buggy than KSP, I have zero complaints about it because I can still play it, progress through the game and the saves no longer corrupt. So no, I would not complain about KSP if they fixed the corrupted save issue at the very least. They fixed that issue in Shoppe Keep a few days after release, yet it's been almost 15 months since KSP was released and still not even an update to stop saves from corrupting. I understand that KSP is dramatically more complex than Shoppe Keep, but like I said before, why not just fix the corrupted save issue then re-port the game from scratch like they're doing now?

I'm guessing legal reasons. This whole console release has been a really bad experiment for Squad, and its hard to imagine how much worse it could have been without the business going bust. On the other hand, they haven't given up yet, and there remains real hope for redemption. As frustrating as this has been for console players, they can't claim they've been abandoned with shoddy product, and that I think speaks volumes about the sort of developer Squad wants to be.

On 28/09/2017 at 8:28 PM, Jeremiah said:

I understand that KSP is dramatically more complex than Shoppe Keep, but like I said before, why not just fix the corrupted save issue then re-port the game from scratch like they're doing now?

Since Squad and FTE terminated their agreement following the console release it doesn't seem beyond the pale for me to imagine that part of the agreement was that all/some of the console specific code used was part of FTE's Intellectual Property.

It may be that they actually can't push another release, because they don't have the rights to some/all the code. Hence why they are paying Bitworks to remake it from scratch.

Just guessing, but it seems logical to me. Doesn't make it any less sucky of course.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.