It's Been Over A Quarter Of A Year

Watches from distance......with interest :wink:

im not a console ksp player, so respectfully will not comment on ppl's posts, whether i agree or not, as i feel ppl need an outlet for their frustrations, without their feelings/ rants being surgically dissected :)

plus, im sure squad are old enough, big enough and ugly enough to defend themselves?

anyway, good luck mate, hope it remains ..... Civil. :wink:

As @rudi1291 said this is a duplication of effort there is already a discussion going on the state of the console ports.

1 hour ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

The goal would be to gain enough notice so that it influences the devs to start leveling with customers on a proposed deadline of when the game will be playable.

Also this is impossible due to the console certification process squad already explained this long ago.

1 hour ago, passinglurker said:

As @rudi1291 said this is a duplication of effort there is already a discussion going on the state of the console ports.

Also this is impossible due to the console certification process squad already explained this long ago.

Well perhaps we need more of an effort. Perhaps more discussions? I mean, the notice from the devs on the KSP plushies were great on Friday but a console update would of also been appreciated. I don't know if the certification process would effect updating people on the progress of a patch. Is that not two separate things?

8 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Well perhaps we need more of an effort. Perhaps more discussions? I mean, the notice from the devs on the KSP plushies were great on Friday but a console update would of also been appreciated. I don't know if the certification process would effect updating people on the progress of a patch. Is that not two separate things?

All "more effort" will do is reinforce anti-console user stereotypes. Also they gave you a console update they told you they were finishing a few features that didn't make it into the 1.2 coding freeze. They can't give you a fixed date though because not even they know when they can push an update because of the certification process.

@rudi1291  Except the OP of the other thread started off wrong from the beginning, complaining of perceptions of PC users getting more than the console users.  This thread is probably better suited to actually discuss the issues.

I'm not sure if this is covered under the topic, but my question is, what happened to the Wii U version?  Is there still going to be a Wii U version?  Are they planning on doing a Switch version and if so, will that mean there won't be a Wii U version?

Just now, passinglurker said:

All "more effort" will do is reinforce anti-console user stereotypes. Also they gave you a console update they told you they were finishing a few features that didn't make it into the 1.2 coding freeze. They can't give you a fixed date though because not even they know when they can push an update because of the certification process.

Sorry dude, I think you are in the dark here a bit, no offense. PS4 got no update and we are not on 1.2, we are on 1.0. See... more discussions needed.

2 hours ago, Tr1gg3r said:

Watches from distance......with interest :wink:

im not a console ksp player, so respectfully will not comment on ppl's posts, whether i agree or not, as i feel ppl need an outlet for their frustrations, without their feelings/ rants being surgically dissected :)

plus, im sure squad are old enough, big enough and ugly enough to defend themselves?

anyway, good luck mate, hope it remains ..... Civil. :wink:

Hey buddy,

No worries, This may turn into a rant topic, it might not, it might fizzle out. I hope it remains civil. I appreciate the comment.

3 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Sorry dude, I think you are in the dark here a bit, no offense. PS4 got no update and we are not on 1.2, we are on 1.0. See... more discussions needed.

No you seem to be misunderstanding the 1.2 news is your ps4 news this is the game you will be getting once it clears porting and certification there is no "PC" news there is only "all platform" news (with the occasional platform specific tidbit pertaining to critical bugs)

Edited by passinglurker

11 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

No you seem to be misunderstanding the 1.2 news is your ps4 news this is the game you will be getting once it clears porting and certification there is no "PC" news there is only "all platform" news (with the occasional platform specific tidbit pertaining to critical bugs)

Ohhhh! You are saying that the 1.2 release for console is going to fix everything. Sweet man, can you send me a link to where you found this. All I saw was them mentioning that 1.2 would eventually becoming to consoles. We are on 1.0 and it's broke, so are you saying that fixing the current version is abandoned and that they are moving to 1.2 to be certified for consoles. That doesn't quite sound right. But hey, if I'm wrong hook us up with a link man!!!! That would be amazing news.

Edited by Space Station 4 Crash

Buying before 1.0 or after has an important legal difference:

For players that bought after 1.0 the contract reads: "Money for a finished product". SQUAD has the contracted obligation to either give them a "finished product"1 or return the money.

For players that bought during the early access phase the contract reads "Money for access to a game under development that may be finished or not". They have the right to get the finished product when it is available, but they have no right to a "finished product".

1"Finished product" itself is a formulation that will keep lawyers fed for forever, but some common requirements are that it works and fulfils the promises on the box. In KSPs case this is at least "KSP is a game where the players create and manage their own space program. Build spacecraft, fly them, and try to help the Kerbals to fulfill their ultimate mission of conquering space."

12 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Ohhhh! You are saying that the 1.2 release for console is going to fix everything. Sweet man, can you send me a link to where you found this. All I saw was them mentioning that 1.2 would eventually becoming to consoles. We are on 1.0 and it's broke, so are you saying that fixing the current version is abandoned and that they are moving to 1.2 to be certified for consoles. That doesn't quite sound right. But hey, if I'm wrong hook us up with a link man!!!! That would be amazing news.

Sarcasm is generally frowned upon in civil discussion, but it goes without saying that 1.2 is coming to consoles you are playing the same game as the PC users (just with a delayed update cycle) and if you followed 1.2 news instead of assuming it was PC only you would have noticed it was a major bug fix and code optimization update.

Like I said they can't say when any update is expected to come due to the certification process but like the last patch they will likely tell you when they submitted an update for certification until then all news is essentially shared news.

40 minutes ago, cfds said:

Buying before 1.0 or after has an important legal difference:

For players that bought after 1.0 the contract reads: "Money for a finished product". SQUAD has the contracted obligation to either give them a "finished product"1 or return the money.

For players that bought during the early access phase the contract reads "Money for access to a game under development that may be finished or not". They have the right to get the finished product when it is available, but they have no right to a "finished product".

1"Finished product" itself is a formulation that will keep lawyers fed for forever, but some common requirements are that it works and fulfils the promises on the box. In KSPs case this is at least "KSP is a game where the players create and manage their own space program. Build spacecraft, fly them, and try to help the Kerbals to fulfill their ultimate mission of conquering space."

legally right vs.morally right. legally an early access buyer may be out in the cold but morally it isn't right to say that the crap PC users put up with doesn't matter and that squad should drop everything and help FTE fix everything on consoles faster because early access users are among the PC users.

If people want squad to help consoles over focusing on core development for everyone they will have to come up with a better argument as to why they need more attention.

Sarcasm is generally frowned upon in civil discussion, but it goes without saying that 1.2 is coming to consoles you are playing the same game as the PC users (just with a delayed update cycle) and if you followed 1.2 news instead of assuming it was PC only you would have noticed it was a major bug fix and code optimization update.

Like I said they can't say when any update is expected to come due to the certification process but like the last patch they will likely tell you when they submitted an update for certification until then all news is essentially shared news.

Sorry man, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I really think you are off here. They mentioned in a dev note months ago that the xbox patch was doing great and that they would keep us posted. The following week they said the ps4 patch was giving them problems and that they would keep us updated, then they said that the xbox patch should be going to certification the next week but the ps4 patch was still giving them problems. It is completely separate. We are not waiting for certification of a submitted fix, we are waiting for news that there will potentially be a fix for the current version (1.0) and then they will let us know when that fix has been tested and will be sent for certification. You realize they cannot jump us to 1.2 if 1.0 is littered with game breaking bugs. After the xbox patch released 1.1 (I guess 1.1) we havn't heard a thing.

I just don't think you understand what is going on with the console ports. Xbox received a patch, and going by community posts it did not solve the problem it was suppose to. The ps4 has never received a fix. After some time playing the game it crashes and corrupts all game saves. The way things are going version 1.2 is a looooooong way away from being released to console.

So by your logic we should wait for 1.2 to reach consoles. We have waited 4 months for a fix of 1.0.

Anyways, that is were the console release stands as of now.

4 hours ago, rudi1291 said:

There are already a few threads regarding this topic, including this one just a bit further down: 

That's good news Rudi, I think we need a lot more.

2 hours ago, Alshain said:

@rudi1291  Except the OP of the other thread started off wrong from the beginning, complaining of perceptions of PC users getting more than the console users.  This thread is probably better suited to actually discuss the issues.

I'm not sure if this is covered under the topic, but my question is, what happened to the Wii U version?  Is there still going to be a Wii U version?  Are they planning on doing a Switch version and if so, will that mean there won't be a Wii U version?

Hey man,

I'm no expert, but I don't even think the UK version is out the door, it was either slammed shut or after the game breaking bugs started they are holding off. I feel sorry for SQUAD and FTE. This must be a nightmare. It is suppose to come to the wii U but things are looking a little grim.

14 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

Sorry man, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I really think you are off here. They mentioned in a dev note months ago that the xbox patch was doing great and that they would keep us posted. The following week they said the ps4 patch was giving them problems and that they would keep us updated, then they said that the xbox patch should be going to certification the next week but the ps4 patch was still giving them problems. It is completely separate. We are not waiting for certification of a submitted fix, we are waiting for news that there will potentially be a fix for the current version (1.0) and then they will let us know when that fix has been tested and will be sent for certification. You realize they cannot jump us to 1.2 if 1.0 is littered with game breaking bugs. After the xbox patch released 1.1 (I guess 1.1) we havn't heard a thing.

I just don't think you understand what is going on with the console ports. Xbox received a patch, and going by community posts it did not solve the problem it was suppose to. The ps4 has never received a fix. After some time playing the game it crashes and corrupts all game saves. The way things are going version 1.2 is a looooooong way away from being released to console.

So by your logic we should wait for 1.2 to reach consoles. We have waited 4 months for a fix of 1.0.

Anyways, that is were the console release stands as of now.

Lying is also generally frowned upon. And I'm well aware of the state of consoles, but I'm saying the consoles are not in a position for special treatment. The rush to consoles screwed everyone over Squad had to fix problems that affected everyone that fix is 1.2 the console specific problems were introduced by FTE they are FTE's problem it would not have been fair of squad who has answer for thier mistakes to everyone to drop what they were doing and focus on a problem they didn't make that only affects a limited subset of users. You will get your console specific fixes when FTE gets thier act together (or in the more distant future when they are sacked, replaced, and thier replacement is brought up to speed) in the meantime you have to accept that you have to share this rocky development boat with everyone.

Its frustrating yes the PC users know a thing or two about that feeling but it's the way things are

48 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

Lying is also generally frowned upon. And I'm well aware of the state of consoles, but I'm saying the consoles are not in a position for special treatment. The rush to consoles screwed everyone over Squad had to fix problems that affected everyone that fix is 1.2 the console specific problems were introduced by FTE they are FTE's problem it would not have been fair of squad who has answer for thier mistakes to everyone to drop what they were doing and focus on a problem they didn't make that only affects a limited subset of users. You will get your console specific fixes when FTE gets thier act together (or in the more distant future when they are sacked, replaced, and thier replacement is brought up to speed) in the meantime you have to accept that you have to share this rocky development boat with everyone.

Its frustrating yes the PC users know a thing or two about that feeling but it's the way things are

Dude! What are you talking about. lol. As the mighty Porkins said "stay on target". I wasn't lying either. You are drifting all over the map. You started by saying the 1.2 news is our news. It really isn't. But I'm not going to get into this PEE PEE contest you seem to want to have. That "special treatment" thing you have diverted to is BS in my opinion. The beauty of diversity I guess.

Who hired FTE?

I think your logic is that the development of this game for PC has been mediocre and console players should recognize that. Console players should shut up and wait after buying a game advertised as complete and not expect "special treatment". Ok man, good on yah. Role with that.

I'm not trying to be mean here. Just a difference of opinions and interpretation of the facts.

Peace.

Dude! What are you talking about.

You were sarcastic and then lied about not being sarcastic despite your insistence on civil conversation its not my fault if this makes you appear disingenuous about your intentions.

You started by saying the 1.2 news is our news. It really isn't.

Its just as much your news as it is my news though you must be frustrated like every other user that it is rarely the news and details you want.

Who hired FTE?

Squad paid FTE to do a job they aren't gonna suddenly do FTE's job for them after paying them that would defeat the purpose of hiring them. At this point we are in a sunk costs situation where squad must decide between banking on FTE improving or cutting thier losses and hireing someone else which would take even longer for console users to see any updates so you really should be rooting for them if you want things to change for the better soon.

I think your logic is that the development of this game for PC has been mediocre and console players should recognize that. Console players should shut up and wait after buying a game advertised as complete and not expect "special treatment".

It's what you want PC users to do in trying to get squad to commit more time and resources to console specific problems, but in reality they have to be fair to all platforms no matter how the boat rocks.

Ok man, good on yah. Role with that.

there's that sarcasm again

I'm not trying to be mean here. Just a difference of opinions and interpretation of the facts.

I belive you some people people can't help but be sarcastic so it helps if you are at least honest about it.

Peace.

I don't think you can say this when you are trying to encourage the spread of duplicate threads on the subject. Its tantamount to trying to incite mass rioting.

4 hours ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

We are on 1.0

Fairly sure this is incorrect, one of the requirements for moving to consoles at all was Unity 5 which arrived in 1.1. Perhaps the console versions are numbered differently or something, but I am certain that it is equivalent to a 1.1.x PC version.

You were sarcastic and then lied about not being sarcastic despite your insistence on civil conversation its not my fault if this makes you appear disingenuous about your intentions.

Its just as much your news as it is my news though you must be frustrated like every other user that it is rarely the news and details you want.

Squad paid FTE to do a job they aren't gonna suddenly do FTE's job for them after paying them that would defeat the purpose of hiring them. At this point we are in a sunk costs situation where squad must decide between banking on FTE improving or cutting thier losses and hireing someone else which would take even longer for console users to see any updates so you really should be rooting for them if you want things to change for the better soon.

It's what you want PC users to do in trying to get squad to commit more time and resources to console specific problems, but in reality they have to be fair to all platforms no matter how the boat rocks.

there's that sarcasm again

I belive you some people people can't help but be sarcastic so it helps if you are at least honest about it.

I don't think you can say this when you are trying to encourage the spread of duplicate threads on the subject. Its tantamount to trying to incite mass rioting.

Lol.  I replied by directly saying I wasn't being sarcastic and said I was sorry for your misunderstanding. Go back and have a read. 

I just want any news. That was the whole point of the original topic before it was merged. (not being sarcastic).

You think I want to get pc users to get squad to add more resources for the console fix? Sorry that point was a little muddled (not being sarcastic). Can the pc users do that? That's awesome! If you guys could hook us up that would be epic. We can't even play our version. (Little sarcastic)

Can you hook me up with where you get your information?..."sunk cost situation, Squad deciding on staying with FTE or hiring someone else?" Please share. (Not being sarcastic)

Mass rioting!?! Where, on this forum? Oh man"Palm to face" ( little sarcastic )

It was suppose to be a place for a positive discussion about possibly getting some more information for the console port until you graced the topic ( not being sarcastic ). I think the moderator made a mistake merging it. 

I hope people continue to raise the concerns and continue to support Squad and FTE, in the end it's an amazing game. I hope we get to play it.  

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Fairly sure this is incorrect, one of the requirements for moving to consoles at all was Unity 5 which arrived in 1.1. Perhaps the console versions are numbered differently or something, but I am certain that it is equivalent to a 1.1.x PC version.

Hey buddy,

Console version on ps4 says 1.0.

Cheers.

39 minutes ago, Space Station 4 Crash said:

I just want any news.

And that is what you got. they worked on 1.2.1 and gave away some jeb plushies last week. given the recent mass dev turn over and the questions about KSP's future this sparse news was a disappointment for everyone.

2 minutes ago, passinglurker said:

And that is what you got. they worked on 1.2.1 and gave away some jeb plushies last week. given the recent mass dev turn over and the questions about KSP's future this sparse news was a disappointment for everyone.

Hey man,

So this is what started this whole thing. Please share some information if what I am about to say doesn't make sense.

The idea that FTE and Squad are going to bump console users from 1.0 to 1.2 would be fantastic news. This is not the case. They have spent the last 4 months just trying to get 1.0 to work on consoles. When you think about what you are saying it doesn't add up or make sense. We heard that Xbox got a patch 2 weeks ago and ps4 was still waiting. We haven't heard a word since. So the time FTE is spending on trying to fix the ps4/Xbox version 1.0 it is not spending that time porting 1.2 to console. So you see, the 1.2.1 news is not our news. Not yet, and not for a long time. There is no way we will see 1.2 for a long time we just want 1.0 and not even bug free, just so that we can save our games.

I hope this helps you understand why the console users feel like we are left in the dark. If the plan was just to bump to 1.2, I wish they would say that. That was the whole point of the original topic. Just to know a potential plan.

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.