Sign in to follow this  
DrDress

Rendevouz two vessles

Question

I have mission where I need to rendevouz two vessels. I tried to make a ship which I seperated in two and docked again right away. That didn't do it. Does it need to be two seperate vessels?

5 answers to this question

I haven't tried myself, but I think you might have to move out of physics distance (so 2km or thereabouts) and have a probe/command module on each ship.

it needs to be 2 seperate launches.   it should really make it more clear in th contract description

For a contract, the target vehicle can be an existing craft such as a satellite, space station or a pod from a rescue contract but as DD_bwest said, you can't just separate a ship and re-dock the parts to complete a rendezvous contract.

It should also be noted that if you read the contract carefully, sometimes it doesnt specify that the rendezvous has to take place in space. :D I completed my first "dock around Kerbin" contract in my first 1.2 career by building 2 rovers with a docking port & rolling them off the runway & touching their noses together. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.