[1.2] Engine Ignitor continued. (23 oct 2016)

DennyTX

"As we know the liquid engines in KSP can ignite for infinite times at any moment as you want, which seems a bit making life too easy." This words  has been said ages ago by HoneyFox and i completely agree with him. But his mod has not been updated for ages, also behaviors has been broken by KSP version changes and i have decided to rewrite. All inner logic has been changed but functionality is about the same, according to my vision.

Well. What this  mod can?

1. Each engine have limited number of available ignitions.
2. Engines requires resources (hypergolic fluid) and ignitors (and also electricity) to be activated. The required amounts of consumables can be configured in CFG. (Example MM patch included, additional explanation see below).
3. If lack of ignitors or hypergolic fluid - ignition will fail.
4. Its functionality could be  restored using reloading by kerbalEVA from additional containers (included in pack).
5. Simplified ullage simulation available. If it is on, fuel have two condition  s: "stable" (while under gravitation or acceleration) and "unStable" (if weightlessness). For "unStable" state - you can specify a chance of succesfull ignition (0.2 or 20% in example). Better way - to have small special engines for  fuel rebound (sit down) down  and reignition in weightlessness.
6. Of course, here are unlimited consumables if you'll use Launch clamp. This way onboard  resources will not be consumed on launch. (useless to my mind, but let it be)

only standart configuration at the moment. But each engine could be configured as you want. Also, more configs for different mods will be provided soon.

For example (in upcoming configs): low stage engines will have 1 ignitors and 1 hypergolicFluid (or nothing if launch clamp), upper stages engines should have about 4-8 ignitors and 2 units of hypergolicFluid onboard (so, if you'll need to restart it more times you forced to have hypergolicFluid tanks onboard),  LF/OX thrusters should have a lot of ignitors and much less onboard (in engine local part) amount of hypergolicFluid.

Mainly (for better playability), amount of hypergolicFluid must be significantly less than ignitors. And IgnitorToolbox must be in top tech nodes.

This way in the first games stages we will have engines with limited and unchangeable numbers of ignitors (when we have relatively short flights) and limited hypergolicFluid. This will force gamers carefully select engines for mission. (of course, this this involves having nonstandart configs, and if, after short period of public testing, there will not be found awful errors, i'll provide it).

Also, ignitors are using for counting engine usages. In other words - this are engine life duration. HypergolicFluid - just consumables.

auRS256.jpg

uO3kuF7h.jpg

Config example

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngine*],!RESOURCE[SolidFuel]]
{
    RESOURCE  //engine must have resources onboard to ignite
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngineIgnitor  // do not touch

ignitionsAvailable = 4  // how many attempts tou have without reloading. -1 for infinitive
        autoIgnitionTemperature = 800  //we can ignite without spending resources if temp is high enuff
        ignitorType = T1  // just a string name T1 - means type1 (1 unit of HypergolicFluid for ignition attempt). may be any.

useUllageSimulation = true // ullage simulation true/false (on/off)
        chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2  //0-1    chache to ignite in weightlessness

ECforIgnition = 20  // How many EC should be spent per ignition attempt

IGNITOR_RESOURCE  //main resource usage
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

Download from Spacedock

CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg   SpaceDock-listed-blue.svg    license-CC%20BY--SA-green.svg

DONATE

Source

installation: remove previous version and just extract an archive into Gamedata.

requirements: ModuleManager

Edited by DennyTX
download link updated

Thank you so much! This is one of my favorite mods.

One question though. What is the gameplay value of the hypergolic fluid resource, since there is a number of ignitors mechanic as well. Are they not redundant? 

I could be wrong, but my understanding of hypergolic reactions is that when two chemicals that are hypergolic together are exposed to each other they simply begin to react. The hypergolic fluid resource here is an abstraction of that by introducing a third resource which a small amount of is consumed to ignite the rocket. But the ignitors also do that, except numerically. 

So I guess what I'm getting at is, which mechanic is better in the sense of say;

1 computer performance

2 abstracting reality in an educational way

3 realism

And do we need two mechanics for the same thing.

Again, if I'm misunderstanding something, and my arguments are invalid, let me know. 

5 hours ago, Errol said:

Thank you so much! This is one of my favorite mods.

One question though. What is the gameplay value of the hypergolic fluid resource, since there is a number of ignitors mechanic as well. Are they not redundant? 

I could be wrong, but my understanding of hypergolic reactions is that when two chemicals that are hypergolic together are exposed to each other they simply begin to react. The hypergolic fluid resource here is an abstraction of that by introducing a third resource which a small amount of is consumed to ignite the rocket. But the ignitors also do that, except numerically. 

So I guess what I'm getting at is, which mechanic is better in the sense of say;

1 computer performance

2 abstracting reality in an educational way

3 realism

And do we need two mechanics for the same thing.

Again, if I'm misunderstanding something, and my arguments are invalid, let me know. 

Yes, from one hand you are right, but there i have another. First of all i count that  KSP is too easy ;), and secondly - after the test period - toolbox with ignitors will be placed much higher in tech nodes (with cost over 1000, and costly itself - so the ignitors reloading wiill be not cheap pleasure), (sure, anyone could do this himself if needed).  This way in the first games stages we will have engines with limited and unchangeable numbers of ignitors (when we have relatively short flights) and limited hypergolicFluid. This will force gamers carefully select engines for mission. (of course, this this involves having nonstandart configs, and if, after short period of public testing, there will not be found awful errors, i'll provide it). Also, ignitors are using for counting engine usages. 

Mainly, amount of hypergolicFluid must be significantly less than ignitors.

For example (in upcoming configs): low stage engines will have 1 ignitors and 1 hypergolicFluid (or nothing if launch clamp), upper stages engines should have about 4-8 ignitors and 2 units of hypergolicFluid onboard (so, if you'll need to restart it more times you forced to have hypergolicFluid tanks onboard),  LF/OX thrusters should have a lot of ignitors and much less onboard (in engine local part) amount of hypergolicFluid.

Gotta say that i thinks about third mechanics - pressurisation.

5 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

Great! Well Done!

EDIT: The current download link is to the Docking Camer Mod.

Link has been checked and updated.

Edited by DennyTX

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.2.1.1 for Kerbal Space Program 1.2.1

Released on 2016-11-10

1. recompiled for 1.2.1
  2. new system for storing kerbalEVA resources. Will not forget it when eva or board.
  3. Ignitor Toolbox has been moved up to tech nodes.
  4. dumb error with parts and resources mass fixed.
  5. Resources consume logic has been a bit changed.
  6. some code clean up.

Awesome to see this mod revived! :) 

I can't seam to get the ullage simulation to work though, right clicking on the engine it always says "fuel flow stable" no matter if I'm in orbit or atmosphere under negative G etc. Tested on a fresh 1.2.1 install...
Everything else seams to work nicely on the fresh install as well as a heavily modded install. 

Awesome stuff and thank you!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2016 at 6:43 AM, mrZonke said:

I can't seam to get the ullage simulation to work though, right clicking on the engine it always says "fuel flow stable" no matter if I'm in orbit or atmosphere under negative G etc.

I'm having the same problem. I checked through the files for a cfg file to see if it was an option that had to be enabled, but I don't see one.

Another confirmation that fuel flow simulation is not working in 1.2.1

I also noticed that the listed number of ignitions left in the part menu isn't the correct value, and doesn't increment. I'm talking about the text readout as a fraction, like the 8/8 for the swivel engine. The hypergolic fuel resource consumption works correctly, and the engine stops firing when the fluid runs out, but there is a still a line in my part menu that read "ignitions: 8/8"

EDIT: Did some further testing, I tried adding the line:

UseUllageSimulation = true

to an engine in the .cfg to see if that would make the simulation work, but it still didn't work.

Edited by Errol

Confirming that 1.2.0.1 fuel flow simulation appears to work in 1.2.1 as well. Will report back as I test. Going to make a few changes to the .cfgs because some of the new porkjet engines are not configured for this, and I disagree with some of the configurations RE: fuel flow. 

There used to be a pressurized flag for the oscar-b tank and engines could require pressurized fuel instead of stable fuel....going to see if I can get that working again through .cfgs

Ok, Update time. So I notice that the 1.2.0.1 download is missing MM_EngineIgnitorStock.cfg, and portions of the file MM_EngineIgnitor.cfg are commented out and added to both from the 1.2.1.1 download. I tried copying in both those cfgs from 1.2.1.1 into my 1.2.0.1 folder in my gamedata folder, containing the old pluggin. I'm now getting weird results in VAB. I am using the porkjet overhaul, which may account for some of it, but it doesn't make full sense. For example, there is no engine igniter module for the LV-T30 engine, but both the LV-T15 and LV-T45 have the module in the right click menu in editor, and are listed as having infinite ignitions. In flight the mod is no longer working. Engine states says INVALID and hypergolic fuel is not consumed on ignition. Most engines appear to function as if they were completely stock. (in-flight tests done with a mainsail, which is not affected by the porkjet overhaul).

Edited by Errol

I know, I know, double post. This really deserves a bump though.

So I spent all night working on this with no luck, then this morning finally I got it! I have been noodling around with the MM configs for engines. I found out that the old plugin works as expected but there is a;

WARNING!

Before attempting what I am about to describe you must know that the version file included with 1.2.1.1 was NOT updated. This means that if you are using 1.2.1.1 AVC will still warn you that you are using 1.2.0.1 and that you should download the new one. MAKE SURE you are actually using 1.2.0.1 and not 1.2.1.1 otherwise this will NOT work, and all your engines will erroneously report that they have infinite ignitors. 

So mainly the problem was that the old mod is missing the stock MM_engineIgnitor.cfg file, and the one included with 1.2.1.1 has different capitalization for some of the code, which makes it not work. Also, a few of the larger engines were not defined. So I fixed all of that. 

Next there is an example MM patch included. I wrote my first line of code in over 10 years (dropped out of software engineering in university to join the army as a medic) today! I used the example to create a "default" template patch and have filters set up so that the patch is not applied to anything containing certain resources like solidfuel or karbonite, or using propellants like XenonGas or IntakeAir. For the most part it works. I have it set up so that most of the main obvious things are taken care of, but a few things like the torch engines and fusion drives seem to get the default applied to them, which I think is very unbalanced. I haven't been able to find a way to filter them, so I may just define custom patches for them myself, but that will be another post. 

Since the ignitorType field simply writes a string to the right click menu of a part I decided to add more detailed information for the player to them. It now tells you how much electric charge is used for ignition. 

I dislike @DennyTX's reasoning a few posts up in this thread, and so have decided to do a bit of re-balancing besides adding definitions to many of the larger stock engines. Hypergolic fluid is now meaningless in all stock engines (all engines consume 1 hypergolic fluid per ignition and have enough for all their ignitions). The only number you need to worry about is ignitors. My reasoning is that the hypergolic fluid in the rocket is the liquid fuel and oxidizer. There is no third substance required, beyond some source for the heat of ignition, which are your numerical ignitors. Now, I don't actually know how to remove the hypergolic fluid portion of this mod (and it doesn't work without it), but I do know it was originally introduced to serve a similar function to what ignitors now do. So, simply put, refilling ignitors is a two step process, or, if you bring hypergolic fluid tanks, a one step process the first few times. No big deal, it should be a complicated process anyway, and it isn't that many extra clicks. (I have not gotten around to actually testing refilling of ignitors at all yet, just been working on this engines so far)

For the multi-mode engines I decided since these machines are more complicated, to give them patches rather then not. This limits their usability as jet engines a little bit, but I hope that I gave them well balanced ignitors to make up for it. I just really didn't want infinite ignitors for the wet mode and I wasn't able to find a way to make ignitions only apply to one mode. 

Lastly I also added some patches for MK2expansion as well, since I play with that. Without further ado, here is the code. You'll want to put it in notepad and save it as something like MM_engineIgnitor.cfg

//MK2 expansion
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//AT-2 "Pluto" Atomic Rocket
@PART[M2X_Pluto]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 32
        maxAmount = 32
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleEngineIgnitor
        ignitionsAvailable = 32
        autoIgnitionTemperature = 500
        ignitorType = Nuclear E-10
	useUllageSimulation = false // 32 Ignitions due to depreciation
	ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_MATTOCK]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 10
        maxAmount = 10
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 10
        autoIgnitionTemperature = 800
        ignitorType = E-10
	useUllageSimulation = true
	ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_ESTOC]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 10
        maxAmount = 10
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 10
        ignitorType = E-10
	ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_LinearAerospike]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 20
        maxAmount = 20
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 20
        ignitorType = E-20
	ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_AugmentedRocket]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-20
	ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_FuselageRVTOLE]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 32
        maxAmount = 32
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 32
        ignitorType = E-20
	ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

//STOCK
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// LFB KR-1x2 "Twin-Boar"
@PART[Size2LFB]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 1
        ignitorType = External (clamps)
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
            // 1 Ignition (Through Launch Stability Enhancer)
        }
    }
}

// S3 KS-25x4 "Mammoth"
@PART[Size3EngineCluster]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 1
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// Kerbodyne KR-2L+ "Rhino"
@PART[Size3AdvancedEngine]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 8
        maxAmount = 8
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = Electrical - 20
	chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2  //0-1
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

//S3 KS-25 "Vector"
@PART[SSME]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 1
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax "Mailsail" Engine
@PART[liquidEngine1-2]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 1
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax "Skipper" Engine
@PART[engineLargeSkipper]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[RAPIER]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 10
        maxAmount = 10
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 10
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}	

// Rockomax "Poodle" Engine
@PART[liquidEngine2-2]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 32
        maxAmount = 32
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 32
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-N Atomic Engine
@PART[nuclearEngine]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 32
        maxAmount = 32
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 32
        ignitorType = Nuclear E-10
	useUllageSimulation = false // 32 Ignitions due to depreciation
	ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// Toroidal Aerospike Engine
@PART[toroidalAerospike]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 16
        maxAmount = 16
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ignitorType = Electrical - 10
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngineT15]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngineT15_Boattail]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-T30 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-T30 Engine
@PART[liquidEngineT30]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngineT30_Boattail]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-T45 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine2]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 8
        maxAmount = 8
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngineT45]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 8
        maxAmount = 8
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngineT45_Boat]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 8
        maxAmount = 8
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax Mark 55 Radial Engine
@PART[radialLiquidEngine1-2]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 28
        maxAmount = 28
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 28
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-909 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine3]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 16
        maxAmount = 16
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-909 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine909]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 16
        maxAmount = 16
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngine909_Boattail]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 16
        maxAmount = 16
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-303 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine303]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 24
        maxAmount = 24
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 24
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngine303_Boattail]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 24
        maxAmount = 24
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 24
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax 48-7S
@PART[liquidEngineMini]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 32
        maxAmount = 32
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 32
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax 24-77 Engine
@PART[smallRadialEngine]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 36
        maxAmount = 36
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 36
	useUllageSimulation = false
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-1 Engine
@PART[microEngine]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 32
        maxAmount = 32
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 32
        ignitorType = Electrical - 2
        ECforIgnition = 2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-1R Engine
@PART[radialEngineMini]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 36
        maxAmount = 36
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 36
        ECforIgnition = 2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngine*],!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant]],!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[XenonGas]],!MODULE[ModuleRCS],!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[IntakeAir]],!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[IntakeAtm]],!RESOURCE[AblativeOil],!RESOURCE[SolidFuel],!RESOURCE[Karbonite],!RESOURCE[FSCoolant],!RESOURCE[IntakeLqd],!MODULE[ModuleEngineIgnitor]]:FINAL
{
	RESOURCE
	{
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
	}
	MODULE
	{
		ignitionsAvailable = 2
		ignitorType = (default)E-20
		ECforIgnition = 20
		IGNITOR_RESOURCE
		{
			name = HypergolicFluid
			amount = 1
		}
	}
}

@PART[launchClamp1]
{
   MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleExternalIgnitor
        ignitorType = External
        igniteRange = 5.0
    }
}

@PART[kerbalEVA]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = EngineIgnitors
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 16
        isTweakable = False
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 16
        isTweakable = False
    }
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    name = EngineIgnitors
    abbreviation = EI
    density = 0.4
    unitCost = 4
    hsp = 2010
    flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
    transfer = PUMP
    isTweakable = true
    volume = 5
}

P.S. I am not a programmer, and I have not fully tested this, nor am I a rocket scientist, so I don't know if these are properly balanced. Please offer comments on this if you have any opinions. Use at your own risk.....however I have been at it for about 2 days now, and it does give the appearance of working so far. I am using ksp 1.2.1 and around 100 other mods. 

Pinging: @NoShotz, @Ralathon, @Micro753, @mrZonke

Edited by Errol

• 1 month later...

Ello!

Thanks for the configs Errol, using it for a new campaign :) 
Really glad to see this working again!

Here are some more configs for engines in Vens Stock Revamp, might add more laters...

Spoiler

//Vens Stock Revamp

// LV-T15 "Dachshund" Liquid Fuel Engine - Vens Stock Revamp
@PART[LVT15]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2  //0-1
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-900 "Beagle" Liquid Fuel Engine - Vens Stock Revamp
@PART[VenLV909b]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 12
        maxAmount = 12
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 12
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-1F Engine - Vens Stock Revamp
@PART[MicroEngineB]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 24
        maxAmount = 24
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 24
        ECforIgnition = 2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

Edit: 

Fiddled abit more... 

In order to get all features to work, one needs the 1.2.0.1 version of the mod (as mentioned above) but the resources definition from 1.2.1.1.

So, install 1.2.0.1 first.
Then download 1.2.1.1 and copy ...EngineIgnitor/Resources/Ignitors.cfg to the corresponding folder in your install.

Or download 1.2.1.1 and just replace the .DLL with the one from 1.2.0.1 I guess :P 

Anyways, this way it works as advertised on KSP1.22 
Awesome sauce!! Off to killing Jeb and his friends...

Edit2: 

Configs for Stock, mk2Expansion, Vens Stock Revamp and RLA continued. Also some small upgrades to some of the stock engines along the tech tree :wink: 

The relationship between Hypergolic Fluid and Ignitors are more inline with DennyTX's one for the stock engines for example the Poodle has 8 Hypergolic Fluid, 24 Ignitors and uses 2 Hypergolic Fluid per ignition (when upgraded, has 16 ignitions and uses 4 Hypergolic before upgrade).

Added two more sizes of the Hypergolic containment unit (one smaller and one larger) along the tech tree.

Very slightly lowered the mass for engines that use Hypergolic Fluid to compensate for the added mass of the Hypergolic Fluid.

These settings are merely my idea of fun, I did have a quick look at real fuels stock engine configs and these are in the same ball park I think.

Any engine that does'nt have it's own config will have 8 ignitions, 4 hypergolic fluid and use 1 hypergolic fluid for ignition.

Engine configs, two more hypergolic fluid containment sizes, resource definitions:

Spoiler

//Sounding Rockets
@PART[SR_Aerospike]:NEEDS[UmbraSpaceIndustries]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-10
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.85 
        ECforIgnition = 10
    }
}

//RLA Stockalike Continued
// 88-M6 "Spinnaker" Liquid Engine - RLA Stockalike Continued
@PART[RLA_small_highthrust]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-5
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.3 
        ECforIgnition = 5
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}
// 36-5D "Caravel" Annular Aerospike Engine
@PART[RLA_small_spike]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 3
        maxAmount = 3
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = E-10
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.3 
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}
// RE-D2 "Cutter" Linear Aerospike Engine
@PART[RLA_lfo_medium_linearspike]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 14
        ignitorType = E-20
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.5  
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}
// LV-0 "Aphid" Liquid Fuel Engine
@PART[RLA_tiny_vac]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 20
        ignitorType = E-5
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.8  
        ECforIgnition = 5
    }
}
// LV-Nc "Mighty" Atomic Rocket Motor
@PART[RLA_small_ntr]:NEEDS[RLA_Stockalike]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 12
        ignitorType = Nuclear E-40
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.7  
        ECforIgnition = 40
    }
}

//Vens Stock Revamp

// LV-T15 "Dachshund" Liquid Fuel Engine - Vens Stock Revamp
@PART[LVT15]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = I-2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

// LV-900 "Beagle" Liquid Fuel Engine - Vens Stock Revamp
@PART[VenLV909b]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = E-10
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.4  //0-1
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}
@PART[Size2MedEngine]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 6
        maxAmount = 6
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-30
        ECforIgnition = 30
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 3
        }
    }
}

// LV-1F Engine - Vens Stock Revamp
{
@mass *= 0.8
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 1
        maxAmount = 1
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 20
        ignitorType = E-5
        chanceWhenUnstable = 0.7 
        ECforIgnition = 5
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 0.2
        }
    }
}
@PART[liquidEngineMiniTurbo]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
@mass *= 0.85
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ignitorType = E-10
        chanceWhenUnstable = 0.5 
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 0.25
        }
    }
}

@PART[PoodleM]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = Nuclear E-60
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.25 
    ECforIgnition = 60
    }
}

//MK2 expansion
//AT-2 "Pluto" Atomic Rocket
@PART[M2X_Pluto]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.25 
    ECforIgnition = 60
    }
}

@PART[M2X_MATTOCK]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = E-10
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2 
    ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_ESTOC]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = E-10
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2 
    ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_LinearAerospike]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 6
        maxAmount = 6
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ignitorType = E-10
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.3 
    ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_AugmentedRocket]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-20
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2 
    ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[M2X_FuselageRVTOLE]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 8
        maxAmount = 8
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ignitorType = E-20
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.5 
    ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

//STOCK
// LFB KR-1x2 "Twin-Boar"
@PART[Size2LFB]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 4
        }
    }
}

// S3 KS-25x4 "Mammoth"
@PART[Size3EngineCluster]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 4
        }
    }
}

// Kerbodyne KR-2L+ "Rhino"
@PART[Size3AdvancedEngine]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 12
        maxAmount = 12
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 6
        ignitorType = E-40
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2 
        ECforIgnition = 40
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 4
        }
    }
}

//S3 KS-25 "Vector"
@PART[SSME]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 4
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax "Mainsail" Engine
@PART[liquidEngine1-2]
{
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 4
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax "Skipper" Engine
@PART[engineLargeSkipper]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 8
        maxAmount = 8
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-20
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.1  //0-1
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 4
        }
    }
}

@PART[RAPIER]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ignitorType = E-30
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.3  //0-1
        ECforIgnition = 30
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}    

// Rockomax "Poodle" Engine
@PART[liquidEngine2-2]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 8
        maxAmount = 8
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
        ignitorType = E-30
        ECforIgnition = 30
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 4
        }
    }
}

// LV-N Atomic Engine
@PART[nuclearEngine]
{
@mass *= 0.95
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = Nuclear E-80
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2
    ECforIgnition = 80

}
}

// Toroidal Aerospike Engine
@PART[toroidalAerospike]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 14
        ignitorType = E-20
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngineT15]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 6
        ignitorType = I-1
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngineT15_Boattail]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 6
        ignitorType = I-1
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-T30 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
        ignitorType = I-2
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

// LV-T30 Engine
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
        ignitorType = I-2
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 2
        ignitorType = I-2
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

// LV-T45 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine2]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 6
        maxAmount = 6
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-20
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 6
        maxAmount = 6
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-20
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 6
        maxAmount = 6
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 4
        ignitorType = E-20
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax Mark 55 Radial Engine
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 6
        ignitorType = E-10
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 2
        }
    }
}

// LV-909 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine3]
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 10
        ignitorType = E-10
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.5  //0-1
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-909 Engine
{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 10
        ignitorType = E-10
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

{
@mass *= 0.9
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 10
        ignitorType = E-10
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

// LV-303 Engine
@PART[liquidEngine303]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
@mass *= 0.85
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 3
        maxAmount = 3
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 14
        ignitorType = E-10
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 0.5
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngine303_Boattail]:NEEDS[PartOverhauls]
{
@mass *= 0.85
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 3
        maxAmount = 3
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 14
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 0.5
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax 48-7S
@PART[liquidEngineMini]
{
@mass *= 0.85
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.5  
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 0.5
        }
    }
}

// Rockomax 24-77 Engine
@PART[smallRadialEngine]
{
@mass *= 0.85
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 2
        maxAmount = 2
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 16
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.5 
        ECforIgnition = 10
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 0.5
        }
    }
}

// LV-1 Engine
@PART[microEngine]
{
@mass *= 0.8
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 1
        maxAmount = 1
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 20
        ignitorType = Electrical - 5
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.7 
        ECforIgnition = 5
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 0.2
        }
    }
}

// LV-1R Engine
@PART[radialEngineMini]
{
@mass *= 0.8
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 1
        maxAmount = 1
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 20
        ignitorType = Electrical - 5
    chanceWhenUnstable = 0.7 
        ECforIgnition = 5
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 0.2
        }
    }
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngine*],!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant]],!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[XenonGas]],!MODULE[ModuleRCS],!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[IntakeAir]],!MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[IntakeAtm]],!RESOURCE[AblativeOil],!RESOURCE[SolidFuel],!RESOURCE[Karbonite],!RESOURCE[FSCoolant],!RESOURCE[IntakeLqd],!MODULE[ModuleEngineIgnitor]]:FINAL
{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = E-20
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

@PART[launchClamp1]
{
   MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleExternalIgnitor
        ignitorType = External
        igniteRange = 5.0
    }
}

@PART[kerbalEVA]
{
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = EngineIgnitors
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 8
        isTweakable = False
    }
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 0
        maxAmount = 8
        isTweakable = False
    }
}

@PART[Toolbox]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleKISItem]]:NEEDS[KIS]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleKISItem
        editorItemsCategory = false
        carriable = true
        equipMode = part
        equipSlot = jetpack
        equipMeshName = jetpack_base01
        equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01
        equipPos = (0,0.05,-0.08)
        equipDir = (270,0,0)
    }
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    name = HypergolicFluid
    density = 0.01
    unitCost = 20
    hsp = 1111    
    flowMode = STACK_PRIORITY_SEARCH
    transfer = PUMP 
    isTweakable = true    
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    name = EngineIgnitors
    density = 0.02
    unitCost = 20
    hsp = 555
    flowMode = NO_FLOW
    transfer = NONE
    isTweakable = false
    volume = 8
}    

//---------------- Parts -------------------

@PART[hypergolicFluidRadial]:NEEDS[EngineIgnitor]:AFTER[EngineIgnitor]
{
    @title = Medium Hypergolic Fluid Containment Unit
    entryCost = 4000
    @TechRequired = advRocketry
    @cost = 300
}    

//---------------- More Hypergolic Fluid Cans -----------------

+PART[hypergolicFluidRadial]:NEEDS[EngineIgnitor]:AFTER[EngineIgnitor]
{
    @name = hypergolicFluidRadialLarge

@mesh = OLDD\EngineIgnitor\Parts\hypergolicFluidRadial\model.mu
    @rescaleFactor = 1.45

entryCost = 4000
    @TechRequired = fuelSystems
    @cost = 900
    @title = Large Hypergolic Fluid Containment Unit

@mass *= 4

@RESOURCE[HypergolicFluid]
    {
    @amount *= 4
    @maxAmount *= 4
    }
}

+PART[hypergolicFluidRadial]:NEEDS[EngineIgnitor]:AFTER[EngineIgnitor]
{
    @name = hypergolicFluidRadialSmall

@mesh = OLDD\EngineIgnitor\Parts\hypergolicFluidRadial\model.mu
    @rescaleFactor = 0.65

entryCost = 4000
    @TechRequired = precisionPropulsion
    @cost = 100
    @title = Small Hypergolic Fluid Containment Unit

@mass *= 0.25

@RESOURCE[HypergolicFluid]
    {
    @amount *= 0.25
    @maxAmount *= 0.25
    }
}

Tech Upgrades:

Spoiler

// ======================= Engines Ignition Upgrades =======================
// Ignitor upgrade 4
@PART[liquidEngine2]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleEngineIgnitor]
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                name__ = ignitionUpgrade_4
                techRequired__ = miniaturization
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 8                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 8                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 8                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[liquidEngine]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitorType = I-2
                ignitionsAvailable = 4                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitorType = I-2
                ignitionsAvailable = 4                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitorType = I-2
                ignitionsAvailable = 4                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

@PART[liquidEngine3]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 16                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 16                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 16                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

// Ignitor upgrade 5
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                name__ = ignitionUpgrade_5
                techRequired__ = precisionEngineering
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 10                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

@PART[microEngine]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 26                    
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 26                    
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[liquidEngineMini]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 20                    
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.25
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 20                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.25
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

// Ignitor upgrade 6
@PART[liquidEngine2-2]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                name__ = ignitionUpgrade_6
                techRequired__ = largeElectrics
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 24                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 2
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[liquidEngine3]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 20                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.5
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 20                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.5
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 20                
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.5
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

@PART[microEngine]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 26                    
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.1
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

@PART[smallRadialEngine]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 20                    
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.25
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
// Ignitor upgrade 7
@PART[microEngine]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                name__ = ignitionUpgrade_7
                techRequired__ = highPerformanceFuelSystems
                description__ = No ullage requirement
                ignitionsAvailable = 30    
                chanceWhenUnstable = 0.9                 
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.05
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[radialEngineMini]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                ignitionsAvailable = 30    
                chanceWhenUnstable = 0.9                 
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.05
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                ignitionsAvailable = 30    
                chanceWhenUnstable = 0.9                 
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.05
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[liquidEngineMini]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 90% ignition chance when unstable
                ignitionsAvailable = 24    
                chanceWhenUnstable = 0.9                 
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.2
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[smallRadialEngine]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                ignitionsAvailable = 24    
                chanceWhenUnstable = 0.9                 
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.2
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                ignitionsAvailable = 24    
                chanceWhenUnstable = 0.9                 
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 0.2
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
// Ignitor upgrade 8
@PART[SSME]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                name__ = ignitionUpgrade_8
                techRequired__ = experimentalElectrics
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 4
                ignitorType = E-40
                chanceWhenUnstable = 0.2 
                ECforIgnition = 40
                IGNITOR_RESOURCE
                {
                    name = HypergolicFluid
                    amount = 4
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[nuclearEngine]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 14
                ignitorType = Nuclear E-80
                ECforIgnition = 80
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[PoodleM]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 14
                ECforIgnition = 60
            }
        }
    }
}
@PART[M2X_Pluto]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]
{
    {        
        UPGRADES
        {
            UPGRADE
            {
                description__ = 
                ignitionsAvailable = 14
                ECforIgnition = 60
            }
        }
    }
}    

// -----------------------------
PARTUPGRADE
{
    name = ignitionUpgrade_4
    partIcon = liquidEngine2
    techRequired = miniaturization
    entryCost = 14000
    title = Ignition systems upgrade
    description = General refinement of ignition systems.
}
PARTUPGRADE
{
    name = ignitionUpgrade_5
    partIcon = liquidEngine3
    techRequired = precisionEngineering
    entryCost = 20000
    description = Precisely engineered ignition systems.
}
PARTUPGRADE
{
    name = ignitionUpgrade_6
    partIcon = liquidEngine2-2
    techRequired = largeElectrics
    entryCost = 28000
    description = Sparks and such.
}
PARTUPGRADE
{
    name = ignitionUpgrade_7
    partIcon = liquidEngineMini
    techRequired = highPerformanceFuelSystems
    entryCost = 38000
    description = Upgraded ignition and fuel feeding systems.
}
PARTUPGRADE
{
    name = ignitionUpgrade_8
    partIcon = SSME
    techRequired = experimentalElectrics
    entryCost = 50000
    description = Refining ignition systems.
}

Cheers!

Edited by mrZonke
Moar infos

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to quickly post and let people I haven't ignored this. I just haven't been playing much lately, and therefore haven't felt I've had much of value to contribute to this conversation. With 1.3 around the corner I'm going to cross my fingers that this still works, and if so will set aside a weekend afternoon to thoroughly play test all suggested changes (which I glanced over and all seem reasonable to me) in prep to start a new career. Here's to a smooth release (without too many mods broken)!

I'm not a programmer by any stretch, so sorry if this is a dumb question, but would there be a way to make a blanket config to add a certain amount of hypergolic fluid and igniters to all engines, specifically modded ones, and then pick and choose the ones you want to make differently?

That is precisely what the .config I created a few posts up does. There is a newer version a few posts bellow contributed by mr Zonke. 

This bit here is the part you are interested in:

{
@mass *= 0.95
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = HypergolicFluid
        amount = 4
        maxAmount = 4
    }
    MODULE
    {
        ignitionsAvailable = 8
        ignitorType = E-20
        ECforIgnition = 20
        IGNITOR_RESOURCE
        {
            name = HypergolicFluid
            amount = 1
        }
    }
}

It looks for any part with module engines does not use monoprop, xenon, IntakeAir, IntakeAtm, AblativeOil, SolidFuel, Karbonite, FSCoolant, IntakeLqd, does not have ModuleRCS and has not already had ModuleEngineIgnitor added to it and add a "default" ignitor .cfg

Edited by Errol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.