[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, panarchist said:

Did your MM patch change "scale"? Or "rescale factor"?  If you change scale, it should be fine.  If you change rescale factor, then you will definitely have issues.  Rescaled parts also work better if you have the Physics Range Extender from BD Armory - a lot of the OLS issues I've seen seem to kick in because of coincidence with when physics kicks in.

Respectfully, I think you missed *my* point.  The aircraft on the deck are irrelevant - I was showing the deck as an example of how wide a 3-wide design is - plenty of room to hold a large aircraft. (caveat - size will still be a problem because of the weight and airship balance issues - as Shnyrik has pointed out in several posts in this thread.

the issue i have with the OLS is that it's guide to help you land is also attached to the scale of the part so at normal scale the ability to extend it 10km works just fine but when you scale it down 25 percent you get 25 percent of 10km as well leaving you with 2.5km of guidence. i'm not sure if that would change between rescalefactor and scale but i'll try that, 

heres why the decks are to small for the majority of the aircraft in ksp. like your example my carrier is also primary 3 segments wide, as well as having side storage on the lower deck, but anything other than the smallest planes don't really have a place on this size of carrier.

24 minutes ago, Grease1991 said:

the issue i have with the OLS is that it's guide to help you land is also attached to the scale of the part so at normal scale the ability to extend it 10km works just fine but when you scale it down 25 percent you get 25 percent of 10km as well leaving you with 2.5km of guidence. i'm not sure if that would change between rescalefactor and scale but i'll try that, 

heres why the decks are to small for the majority of the aircraft in ksp. like your example my carrier is also primary 3 segments wide, as well as having side storage on the lower deck, but anything other than the smallest planes don't really have a place on this size of carrier.

Heisenberg isn't really made to be a supercarrier, it's more designed for the Aeris-type craft. The airship is sized so that you can build it in the stock SPH, and even then it's a bit unwieldy. So for really large airships you'll have to use tweakscale or multiple hulls. Even then it gets unwieldy; the KSS Long Beach is the biggest craft I've made with Heisenberg and the craft kills frame rates. So think small, not enormous, when it comes to aircraft built for the airships.

32 minutes ago, Grease1991 said:

No, you're correct - it scales that down to 2.5km. That's fine for me, but I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Heisenberg isn't really made to be a supercarrier, it's more designed for the Aeris-type craft. The airship is sized so that you can build it in the stock SPH, and even then it's a bit unwieldy. So for really large airships you'll have to use tweakscale or multiple hulls. Even then it gets unwieldy; the KSS Long Beach is the biggest craft I've made with Heisenberg and the craft kills frame rates. So think small, not enormous, when it comes to aircraft built for the airships.

thats why i've been messing around with a cfg file for tweakscale but as someone that has limited knowledge its kinda slow, 

9 hours ago, Grease1991 said:

My other point is still that all the planes on your carrier, are still extremely small and compact and by that have a very narrow use case,

Well, it's actually an inborn problem for all real world carriers. There always are a lot of planes which are just too big for a flight deck :)

9 hours ago, Grease1991 said:

Also when the parts are bigger it makes it vastly easier to land at 100-150ms

150 m/s is 540 km/h or 292 knots. For a landing speed this is completly insane. Even my Starfighter (even with FAR) lands slower :)

And at such a great speed even if you manage not to miss the landing deck, you'll have to use not only arresting wire, but also drag chute and brake rockets to stop in time ;) 

I believe, it's easier to build a plane with lower landing speed. Something with a variable-sweep wing, may be.

6 hours ago, Grease1991 said:

the issue i have with the OLS is that it's guide to help you land is also attached to the scale of the part so at normal scale the ability to extend it 10km works just fine but when you scale it down 25 percent you get 25 percent

Yes, this is a problem. But still it depends very much on how fast you approach. At 30-40 m/s 2,5 km is tolerable, at 100-150 m/s this is too close, of course.

Besides there is one more problem with OLS: unlike the rest of the ACA mod, OLS is still not compatible with FAR.

However there is an alternative: I know a mod with laser pointers, which, I believe, can be used as a palliative.

Edited by Shnyrik

14 hours ago, panarchist said:

You wouldn't need to get it onto the hangar deck to use it for a refueling point - just put it on the flight deck and refuel there using KAS. Not sure it would be practical, though

I can also add that you actually don't even need to land on the flight deck to refuel. Because landing on a moving airship with low relative speed technically does not differ much from docking to it. In one case you need hook and arresting wire and in the other -- winch and two docking ports :) The advantage is that relative size of the plane and the airship doesn't matter at all, only speed.

10 hours ago, Shnyrik said:

Well, it's actually an inborn problem for all real world carriers. There always are a lot of planes which are just too big for a flight deck

That didn't always stop them.  A Navy pilot landed a USMC C-130 on the USS Forrestal (CV-59), and there are several photos of the time a U-2 spyplane was landed on my old ship, the USS America. (CV-66) In the case of the U-2, the stall speed is barely more than the top speed of the carrier, so relative velocity was very low. The C-130 actually made an arrested landing (several in fact) and launched several times. In both cases, they were proof of concept - the wingspan on both planes was enough that they Navy couldn't operate or store other aircraft on the deck when the C-130 or U-2 operated off the carrier.

Edited by panarchist

13 hours ago, Shnyrik said:

Well, it's actually an inborn problem for all real world carriers. There always are a lot of planes which are just too big for a flight deck :)

150 m/s is 540 km/h or 292 knots. For a landing speed this is completly insane. Even my Starfighter (even with FAR) lands slower :)

And at such a great speed even if you manage not to miss the landing deck, you'll have to use not only arresting wire, but also drag chute and brake rockets to stop in time :wink: 

I believe, it's easier to build a plane with lower landing speed. Something with a variable-sweep wing, may be.

Yes, this is a problem. But still it depends very much on how fast you approach. At 30-40 m/s 2,5 km is tolerable, at 100-150 m/s this is too close, of course.

Besides there is one more problem with OLS: unlike the rest of the ACA mod, OLS is still not compatible with FAR.

However there is an alternative: I know a mod with laser pointers, which, I believe, can be used as a palliative.

while I do agree with you that for the most part most planes on carriers are small, (besides the example of the c130 above) but this is KSP and unless your aiming for completely realistic, than the real world does not matter as much, so the idea of having big carriers is not that big of an issue, 

also the 150 is not my landing speed it's the crash tolerance in the part config, as i don't see how lightly touching the wheels to any deck at that speed would end up in explostions of any kind, it's more so a extreme that i shouldn't have to meet,

also f-18 hornets land around 135 knots which is still around 70 m/s and the A-5 Vigilante was around 150 knots which is closer to 80 ms. which would mean instant explosions with the 50 m/s crash tolerance. again regardless of how light you land.
the cargo plane i presented in my pic can get down to that speed but it would prefer around 80-90 ms which isn't completely insane considering it's size. and it's purpose of being a SSTO aircraft.

As much as i love the f-14s i'm actually surprised now that think about it that I haven't built variable winged planes yet for any reason.

I have a few designs that can land at 30 easily but the range on the OLS would still be nice if it wasn't tied to the size of the part,

also why not have the ability to build carriers that fit with the stock size of the ACA part. with out a system crashing amount of parts, 

4 hours ago, panarchist said:

there are several photos of the time a U-2 spyplane was landed on my old ship, the USS America. (CV-66)

given how notoriously hard it is to land a U-2 on land I never would have ever thought this had been tried on an aircraft carrier, holy crap :0.0:

33 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

given how notoriously hard it is to land a U-2 on land I never would have ever thought this had been tried on an aircraft carrier, holy crap :0.0:

After these tests in the mid-1960's, that was pretty much it.  Both the U-2 and C-130 programs were just to see if it *could* be done. in both cases, the answer was "yes, it's technically possible, but not practical".

Now that I've said that, I give it a week before @Shnyrik posts the Kerbalized video version.  ;-)

Edited by panarchist

Here's a Tweakscaled carrier - 20m, about 75 parts:

9APibko.png

oeZ2s5h.png

and here are the TweakScale config files for ACA and Heisenberg:

Heisenberg:

SCALETYPE
{
    name = freePSA
    freeScale = false
    defaultScale = 10
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = 10, 20, 30, 40
}

@PART[hl10CargoLift] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10FlightDeckFairing] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10AircraftElevator] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10FlightDeck] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10HalfAircraftElevator] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10HalfFlightDeck] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10HangarDeck2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10HangarDeckHardTop] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10SideElevator] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10TopFlightDeck] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10RCSModule] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type1Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type2Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type3Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type4Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type5Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}
@PART[hl10Type6Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[miniAirbrake] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[MK1Fuselage2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[airplaneTail2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10GyroRing] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Large2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Medium2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10NoseCone] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10NuclearGyro] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Rudder] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Small2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10TailCone] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

Aircraft Carrier Accessories (to size the parts for Heisenberg)

SCALETYPE
{
    name = freePSA2
    freeScale = false
    defaultScale = 36.5
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = 10, 20, 30, 36.5, 40
}

@PART[ArrestWire] // ACA Arresting gear wire
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[Catapult] // ACA Catapult
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[CLLS] // ACA Carrier Launch and Landing System
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[FixedPoint] // ACA Mounting point to work with Tie Down
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = FreePSA2
    }
}

@PART[OLS] // ACA Optical Landing System
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[TieDown] // ACA Tiedown point
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[TailHook] // ACA Tailhook
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

I only resized the envelope pieces, flight deck, hangar deck, gyro rings, RCS, and a few other parts, and all the ACA parts - not the gondolas, nor the engines.

I *HIGHLY* recommend using Hangar Extender to build these.  Also note, that in order to successfully build a 20m (or larger) airship, you WILL need to set Autostrut to "Root part" on all 20m segments.  Also, you'll need to use a non-resized part as the root part.  KSP does not like TweakScaled or resized root parts - it's a known issue. That's one reason why I did not resize the gondola. I also recommend using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement to further ease physics.

This is a first-draft TweakScale config - use at your own risk, neither I nor @Angel-125 is responsible for crashed airships, cratered/dead runways, dead Kerbals, or other unexpected or save-crashing behavior. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.  That said, seems stable so far. My config file allows parts up to 40m in diameter. The ACA parts are sized for the 4 values of airship parts, plus a "36.5m" size which represents their default/original size.

Edit 2: Installation Instructions:

1. Download and install Tweakscale (prerequisite)
  2. Copy the content in the two code blocks above in this post, and paste into 2 text files (you could just do one file - either will work)
  3. Save the text files with whatever name you want, with a .cfg extension instead of .txt
  4. Put the two text files into a folder - name it whatever you want.
  5. Copy that folder with the two .cfg files into your KSP GameData directory
  6. Launch KSP and enjoy

Edited by panarchist
added "install" instructions, corrected duplicate entry

3 hours ago, panarchist said:

This is a first-draft TweakScale config - use at your own risk, neither I nor @Angel-125 is responsible for crashed airships, cratered/dead runways, dead Kerbals, or other unexpected or save-crashing behavior. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.  That said, seems stable so far. My config file allows parts up to 40m in diameter. The ACA parts are sized for the 4 values of airship parts, plus a "36.5m" size which represents their default/original size.

Just for some real world reference, diameters of some famous real world airship main envelopes:

New Zeppelin NT (such as the newest Goodyear Blimp): 46' dia (~14m)

Ex-LZ-120 Bodensee, later Esperia; and Ex-LZ-121 Nordstern, later Méditerranée: 61' dia (~18.5m)

Ex-LZ 126, later USS Los Angeles ZR-3: 91' dia (~27.5m)

LZ-127 Graf Zeppelin: 100' dia (~30.5 m)

LZ-129 Hindenberg: 135' dia (~41 m)

R-101: 130' dia (~39.5 m)

It seems reasonable to have 10m, 15m, 20m, 30m, and 40m standard envelopes, or at least configurations for TweakScale.  (I'm not a fan of TweakScale in general, as historically it's been a bit flaky; but in cases like this it may be useful.) 

Note that the #1 hangar shed at RAF Cardington is about 812' long x 275' wide x 180' tall (~ 247.5m L x 84m W x 54.5m T), and was specifically designed to hold two R-101 class airships side by side.  The shed at Karachi (then part of British India) was nearly identical. 

Fictionally, the "steampunk" campaign I run puts the airship research much earlier (justified, but long story), and assumes the R-101 didn't crash and the famous "Imperial Airship Scheme" of the 1920s was started on in the 1860s.  The logical next development for heavy lift was a "catamaran" design "R-200 class" with two R-101 hulls attached side by side, just able to fit in the existing shed.  Subsequently, it was shown to be under-powered (as has happened many times in the history of rigid airships), and a third, smaller envelope was added nestled in between the others along the top.  Two nominal 40m envelopes side by side with a nominal 30m envelope along the top would be a reasonable enough match for my purposes. 

15 hours ago, panarchist said:

Now that I've said that, I give it a week before @Shnyrik posts the Kerbalized video version.  ;-)

Interesting idea :wink:  As for the next video, I've been recently succesfully trying to land a WWII-style interceptor on an airparked airship. But since @Locob anounced beautiful pilot cap for open cockpits, I'll have to wait till release :)

Edited by Shnyrik

@panarchist Looks great! Thanks for making those. :) I will link the to the OP once I'm at my pc.

@Miuramir Your other option is to make copies of the config files for the flight deck and airship hull parts and set rescaleFactor to 2 or more. That will give you 20m hulls- and really clutter your part catalog. The TweakScale method is the way to go though.

Edited by Angel-125

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@panarchist Looks great! Thanks for making those. :) I will link the to the OP once I'm at my pc.

Thanks! It still needs some tweaking - I tried building a 40m carrier:

Nose - NukeGyro - HL10Lg - HgrDeck x5 - HL10Lg - NukeGyro - Tail

It had an impressive 13,000m ceiling, but it does not have enough control authority to stay level, even at only a 0.5m/s rate of climb.  So I didn't get a chance to open up the throttles on the 24 WB-50s that I was using in the paired outrigger configuration normally used for the Cyclone.  I need to find out if TweakScale is "resizing" the torque along with the other stats like it should.

VW8m3OP.png

A9ctW9Y.png

WHOOPS!

Edited by panarchist
add pics

14 hours ago, panarchist said:

Here's a Tweakscaled carrier - 20m, about 75 parts:

9APibko.png

oeZ2s5h.png

and here are the TweakScale config files for ACA and Heisenberg:

Heisenberg:

SCALETYPE
{
    name = freePSA
    freeScale = false
    defaultScale = 10
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = 10, 20, 30, 40
}

@PART[hl10CargoLift] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10FlightDeckFairing] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10AircraftElevator] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10FlightDeck] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10HalfAircraftElevator] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10HalfFlightDeck] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10HangarDeck2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10HangarDeckHardTop] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10SideElevator] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10TopFlightDeck] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10RCSModule] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type2Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type3Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type4Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Type5Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}
@PART[hl10Type6Extension] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[miniAirbrake] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[MK1Fuselage2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[airplaneTail2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10GyroRing] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Large2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Medium2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10NoseCone] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10NuclearGyro] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Rudder] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10Small2] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

@PART[hl10TailCone] // 
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA
    }
}

Aircraft Carrier Accessories (to size the parts for Heisenberg)

SCALETYPE
{
    name = freePSA2
    freeScale = false
    defaultScale = 36.5
    suffix = m
    scaleFactors   = 10, 20, 30, 36.5, 40
}

@PART[ArrestWire] // ACA Arresting gear wire
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[Catapult] // ACA Catapult
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[CLLS] // ACA Carrier Launch and Landing System
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[FixedPoint] // ACA Mounting point to work with Tie Down
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = FreePSA2
    }
}

@PART[OLS] // ACA Optical Landing System
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[TieDown] // ACA Tiedown point
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

@PART[TailHook] // ACA Tailhook
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = freePSA2
    }
}

I only resized the envelope pieces, flight deck, hangar deck, gyro rings, RCS, and a few other parts, and all the ACA parts - not the gondolas, nor the engines.

I *HIGHLY* recommend using Hangar Extender to build these.  Also note, that in order to successfully build a 20m (or larger) airship, you WILL need to set Autostrut to "Root part" on all 20m segments.  Also, you'll need to use a non-resized part as the root part.  KSP does not like TweakScaled or resized root parts - it's a known issue. That's one reason why I did not resize the gondola. I also recommend using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement to further ease physics.

Thanks! This will be so helpful for Helicarrier Mk2!

Edited by njmksr

Heisenberg 2.8 is now available:

2.8 BARIS
This update introduces BARIS, a replacement for the stock heat mechanic used on the mod's drills and converters. You can think of BARIS (the name is a nod to Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space) as a highly customizable Dangit-lite. Don't want your drills or converters to break? Don't want the hassle of parts wearing out? Do you prefer not to send Equipment up to repair your parts, or to requrire specific skills to repair them? No problem! All that and more are options. As always, It's Your Game, Your Choice.

BARIS IS OFF BY DEFAULT! You'll have to opt-in via the Settings->Difficulty->BARIS tab.

With BARIS, converters and drills now have wear and tear, which is indicated by the part's Quality rating. They're unlikely to break during their normal design life, but they can start to break down after you exceed their design life. If you perform maintenance on them, you can reduce the chance that they'll break. A broken drill or base part won't function, which can be either annoying or life threatening depending upon the mods you have installed. Once you fix the part, it will continue to function, but its design life will be reduced- unless you disable that option.

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Bug fixes in Kerbal Actuators and animation improvemts - thanks Nertea! :)
- Fixed missing textures.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@Angel-125 - When you release, are 000WildBlueTools and 001KerbalActuators the same between your various mods?  (i.e. do any mods have different/additional files in either of those directories?) The reason I ask is that I play on both Windows and MacOS, and when copying on Mac, it replaces the entire folder with the new folder.  I just want to make sure I'm not losing files needed for Pathfinder, M.O.L.E., or Deep Space.  Thanks.

Looking forward to checking this out after work today!

Edit - checked it out on lunch today!  With a 40m airship hull and oversized engines, I had a ton of stuff fail right out of the gate with BARIS enabled - I don't know if that's expected due to the size of the parts, or if the failure chance also got supersized by Tweakscale.  It was kind of cool - Jeb and Bill jury rigged a bunch of things, but some of the engines just failed, and one of the tanks somewhere was leaking, but I couldn't figure out which one.  The 40m hull still has ridiculous balance issues, so right now I definitely don't recommend sizing parts up that large. No Hindenburg with these parts, at least not until I can iron out the problems.

Edited by panarchist
add testing results

9 hours ago, panarchist said:

@Angel-125 - When you release, are 000WildBlueTools and 001KerbalActuators the same between your various mods?  (i.e. do any mods have different/additional files in either of those directories?) The reason I ask is that I play on both Windows and MacOS, and when copying on Mac, it replaces the entire folder with the new folder.  I just want to make sure I'm not losing files needed for Pathfinder, M.O.L.E., or Deep Space.  Thanks.

Looking forward to checking this out after work today!

Edit - checked it out on lunch today!  With a 40m airship hull and oversized engines, I had a ton of stuff fail right out of the gate with BARIS enabled - I don't know if that's expected due to the size of the parts, or if the failure chance also got supersized by Tweakscale.  It was kind of cool - Jeb and Bill jury rigged a bunch of things, but some of the engines just failed, and one of the tanks somewhere was leaking, but I couldn't figure out which one.  The 40m hull still has ridiculous balance issues, so right now I definitely don't recommend sizing parts up that large. No Hindenburg with these parts, at least not until I can iron out the problems.

When I update my mods, I always make sure they are all in sync. Less troubleshooting for me that way. :)

37 minutes ago, BlimpJosh2006 said:

You should have passenger-carrying drigibles, like this:Image result for hindenburg schematic

I actually thought of making airship hulls with habitat and lab spaces at one point but focused on the Bison gondola parts instead- the IVA of a 10m would be a pita. The closest I have is the hangar deck.

3 hours ago, BlimpJosh2006 said:

You should have passenger-carrying drigibles

For now there is a walkway part, which has no interior itself, but at least can imitate that there is some interior inside hull parts :)

Rvd734h.jpg

Edited by Shnyrik

2 hours ago, BlimpJosh2006 said:

So can we somehow install the tweakscale file and if we can, how?:confused:

If you're asking how/where to put that text where it will be used, I put the instructions into my post that Angel-125 linked to.

On 15.08.2017 at 5:16 PM, panarchist said:

but it does not have enough control authority

It seems that TweakScale somehow messes up SAS torque values. I have tweakable everything mod installed, and it shows negative torque for resized SAS parts. However the same tweakable everything can fix the problem, as it allows putting in some more reasonable value by hand.

Edited by Shnyrik

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.