[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

m8 , i might be a dumb-ass, but i cant get it to work. I put the .rar in the game data. I put the hooligan pack .rar in the game data as well. I installed firespitter trough CKAN, but it doenst work. Please help, or if u can put ur mod on CKAN or distribute a ready to play package for dummies like me. Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, alexsahistul88 said:

m8 , i might be a dumb-ass, but i cant get it to work. I put the .rar in the game data. I put the hooligan pack .rar in the game data as well. I installed firespitter trough CKAN, but it doenst work. Please help, or if u can put ur mod on CKAN or distribute a ready to play package for dummies like me. Thanks a lot

you are supposed to use 7-zip (other unzipping tools are available) to turn the .rar into a regular folder, then move it into game data, and it should come with firespitter and hooligan labs.

Wanted to give this a try, but ran into a hitch - in the OP, you indicate that Heisenberg's airship mod isn't included. It sure looks like it's in the ZIP inside the WildBlueIndustries folder, though. When I install what's in the ZIP, run KSP and launch a craft, there seems to be no way to control buoyancy / any other controls I would associate with airships. Nothing on the app launcher or toolbar... Am I missing something obvious here? I would not be surprised if I were!

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

12 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Wanted to give this a try, but ran into a hitch - in the OP, you indicate that Heisenberg's airship mod isn't included. It sure looks like it's in the ZIP inside the WildBlueIndustries folder, though. When I install what's in the ZIP, run KSP and launch a craft, there seems to be no way to control buoyancy / any other controls I would associate with airships. Nothing on the app launcher or toolbar... Am I missing something obvious here? I would not be surprised if I were!

Heisenberg is included, but those are the airship parts, and WBI's additional plugins - you still need Hooligan Labs Airships for the actual airship mod, as stated in the OP on the front page. You'll also need the Firespitter dll for animations like the elevators to work.

2 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Heisenberg is included, but those are the airship parts, and WBI's additional plugins - you still need Hooligan Labs Airships for the actual airship mod, as stated in the OP on the front page. You'll also need the Firespitter dll for animations like the elevators to work.

I have all of those things - I downloaded the Heisenberg ZIP, which includes Hooligan Labs (apparently) - I say this because when I tried to download Hooligan Labs separately, what was included in the ZIP was exactly the same as what was already in the Heisenberg/WBI folder. And I also have Firespitter installed. Is there some separate instance of Hooligan Labs other than the Hooligan Labs stuff included in the Heisenberg ZIP and also the Hooligan Labs ZIP?

On 10/21/2017 at 9:55 AM, alexsahistul88 said:

Hooligan Labs goes directly into GameData, but Heisenberg's zip creates a GameData folder that the WildBlueIndustries folder sits inside.  Make sure you're extracting the WBI folder into GameData and not nesting the GameData folders.

3 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Hooligan Labs goes directly into GameData, but Heisenberg's zip creates a GameData folder that the WildBlueIndustries folder sits inside.  Make sure you're extracting the WBI folder into GameData and not nesting the GameData folders.

OK - But go look at what's in the ZIP that's linked to from the Hooligan labs thread (which is linked to in the OP): https://spacedock.info/mod/638/Hooligan Labs Airships

What's in the ZIP is only the same Hooligan Labs folder (inside the WBI folder) that's included in the Heisenberg ZIP. This is why I'm confused. If you remove that Hooligan Labs directory from the WBI directory and place it directly in GameData, parts don't load correctly.

HOLD THE PHONE. I may be stupid. One sec.

I can confirm that I am indeed dumb. This is the cause of my problem. Don't know how, but confused the two ZIPs. Sigh... I wish I had a built-in posting delay that prevented me from making dumb comments on the KSP forum.

4 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I have all of those things - I downloaded the Heisenberg ZIP, which includes Hooligan Labs (apparently) - I say this because when I tried to download Hooligan Labs separately, what was included in the ZIP was exactly the same as what was already in the Heisenberg/WBI folder. And I also have Firespitter installed. Is there some separate instance of Hooligan Labs other than the Hooligan Labs stuff included in the Heisenberg ZIP and also the Hooligan Labs ZIP?

Heisenberg.zip does not contain Hooligan Labs. I checked both the latest GitHub release and the version on Spacedock (which is the same file)

K6SxKcO.png

22 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I can confirm that I am indeed dumb. This is the cause of my problem. Don't know how, but confused the two ZIPs. Sigh... I wish I had a built-in posting delay that prevented me from making dumb comments on the KSP forum.

I guarantee you that you're not the only one to do this. I've done it more than once.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2017 at 1:31 PM, Space Kadet said:

the gondogarden isint doing anything when tacls is installed, just lettin you know :P

How exactly is it not working? No config? Converters don't run? Do you have screenshots? Beuller? Beuller? :wink: Anyway, help appreciated to sort this out. :)

27 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

How exactly is it not working? No config? Converters don't run? Do you have screenshots? Beuller? Beuller? :wink: Anyway, help appreciated to sort this out. :)

no button to start the garden, everything else is there just no 'start greenhouse' like the buffalo one

On 11/10/2017 at 2:52 PM, Space Kadet said:

no button to start the garden, everything else is there just no 'start greenhouse' like the buffalo one

I've verified that the garden is working properly with the latest release:

ov4Pr3K.png

Also, Heisenberg 2.8.8 is now available:

- Fixed missing power requirements for the Gondo Drill.
- Hid deprecated version of the Cyclone engine.
- WBT update

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2017 at 7:48 AM, EFYN said:

Wouldn't adding this mod to CKAN mod manager make installing easier?

everytime someone mentions this to a mod maker that dosent use Ckan you just annoy them and reinforce their decision. 

On 11/12/2017 at 10:46 PM, Angel-125 said:

I've verified that the garden is working properly with the latest release:

ov4Pr3K.png

Also, Heisenberg 2.8.8 is now available:

- Fixed missing power requirements for the Gondo Drill.
- Hid deprecated version of the Cyclone engine.
- WBT update

i dont get that, im so confused, i just checked and no buttons for greenhouse!i even videoed it! also theres a huge framerate drop for me using hizenberg parts on big ships, far more than dsev or your others for comparable size ships. in the video looking away from the craft im getting 52fps, but when its in shot it drops to 10. Not sure if this is fixable but just letting you know. i will include craft file and logs.

Craft https://www.dropbox.com/s/k74is4x66h9ijgk/Boaty McBoatface.craft?dl=0
output log https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0lgugvvaggaonc/output_log.txt?dl=0
normal log https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cvsrc414jcx684/KSP.log?dl=0

9 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

everytime someone mentions this to a mod maker that dosent use Ckan you just annoy them and reinforce their decision. 

i dont get that, im so confused, i just checked and no buttons for greenhouse!i even videoed it! also theres a huge framerate drop for me using hizenberg parts on big ships, far more than dsev or your others for comparable size ships. in the video looking away from the craft im getting 52fps, but when its in shot it drops to 10. Not sure if this is fixable but just letting you know. i will include craft file and logs.

Craft https://www.dropbox.com/s/k74is4x66h9ijgk/Boaty McBoatface.craft?dl=0
output log https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0lgugvvaggaonc/output_log.txt?dl=0
normal log https://www.dropbox.com/s/9cvsrc414jcx684/KSP.log?dl=0

What happens if you just install the stock game and the Heisenberg mod? Do you have that issue?

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

What happens if you just install the stock game and the Heisenberg mod? Do you have that issue?

yeah still! fresh install downloaded your 'suit' from github and fresh tac, b9 switcher, crp etc still no button. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.