[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

I'm not in the habit of creating viruses in my mods. Bugs don't count. :wink: I ran into one this morning while trying to set up a Pathfinder base. I couldn't assemble the Doc Science Lab due to a lack of equipment that was sitting in my quad tilt rotor. Then I remembered that I have to have resource distribution turned on (not intuitive so that'll change) and afte turning it on, I still couldn't get the distributed resources. A quick save and restore fixed the problem, but it looks like there is a bug in the resource distributor code.

Edited by Angel-125

1 hour ago, Jebthemaster said:

Does anyone know why this isn't working for me?

Could you please be more exact? What is not working? Is the game crashing, or airships don't fly, or what?

Edited by Shnyrik

Okay, My problem is that the parts just won't load, the HLA parts load and work fine. But only the Heisenberg airship pods and body won't load. Also what really makes me confused is that the flags and fins load. So- oh! Also, I have the dependencies and newest versions of them.

21 hours ago, Jebthemaster said:

Okay, My problem is that the parts just won't load, the HLA parts load and work fine. But only the Heisenberg airship pods and body won't load. Also what really makes me confused is that the flags and fins load. So- oh! Also, I have the dependencies and newest versions of them.

Mind posting a picture of the folder with this mod in it?

3 hours ago, Jebthemaster said:

Welp, my screenshot function isn't working so here is the zip file...  Hmmm, that didn't work. Anyway here is the download link. If you were wondering, I copied and extracted the game data folder from the Heisenberg folder into my KSP game data folder.

I'm sure you did it right, but just to triple-check, the structure goes Kerbal Space Program > GameData > WildBlueIndustries > Heisenberg?

@Angel-125 Just a thought, I was building an airship earlier to fly around doing contracts and such, and decided instead of landing the big blimp each time I needed to get Kerbals out to do and eva check or surface sample, I'd build a small dockable VTOL craft. then I had the idea to put those compressed air RCS units on it, to help me wiggle it into the docking port in the air ship, but I got no part to provide compressed air on a small ship. I'm just going to copy the code for the compressed air generator on the big airship rings, and create tack that onto another part somewhere to do for now, but I'd love to have an actual part to do that. If I could make parts I'd do it myself. :( If you don't want to, I'll understand, just a thought/suggestion. {or maybe there is already a small part that does this and I've overlooked it?}

eIyAkys.jpg

6 hours ago, vardicd said:

@Angel-125 Just a thought, I was building an airship earlier to fly around doing contracts and such, and decided instead of landing the big blimp each time I needed to get Kerbals out to do and eva check or surface sample, I'd build a small dockable VTOL craft. then I had the idea to put those compressed air RCS units on it, to help me wiggle it into the docking port in the air ship, but I got no part to provide compressed air on a small ship. I'm just going to copy the code for the compressed air generator on the big airship rings, and create tack that onto another part somewhere to do for now, but I'd love to have an actual part to do that. If I could make parts I'd do it myself. :( If you don't want to, I'll understand, just a thought/suggestion. {or maybe there is already a small part that does this and I've overlooked it?}

Hm, right now the parts that generate CompressedAir are all the propeller engines, the gyro ring, and Buffalo's gas turbine generators. I'll think about an air compressor part, not sure what'll look like yet though. Usually I just use one of the gas turbine generators from the Buffalo mod.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hm, right now the parts that generate CompressedAir are all the propeller engines, the gyro ring, and Buffalo's gas turbine generators. I'll think about an air compressor part, not sure what'll look like yet though. Usually I just use one of the gas turbine generators from the Buffalo mod.

I'll have to look through the Buffalo parts after work and see if there's something there that'll work for me, hadn't actually looked through those parts in this situation.

Now with a bit more specialized resupply airship :)

r2suVQv.png

Docking is really easy.

U4o5I4P.png

Didn't manage to add open and close limits to hangar doors (like on Mk3 ramp), only deploy limit. So for now it opens a bit more wide than is needed to take helicopter in.

But at least you can see the docking rod's mechanics. It also has rotatron part to align helicopter to airship's symmetry axis in case I didn't manage to do it manually before docking.

Hj78opU.png

The helicopter is now pulled inside the hangar.

cakpXwP.png

And the doors are closed.

7lmwIgB.png

Edited by Shnyrik

Everything installed fine and all items are appearing in the editor. SHips load with no problem except for one crucial thing. The 'blimp' part does not generate lift. Everything else works except for the blimp parts not causing lift. What is causing this?

15 minutes ago, EFYN said:

Everything installed fine and all items are appearing in the editor. SHips load with no problem except for one crucial thing. The 'blimp' part does not generate lift. Everything else works except for the blimp parts not causing lift. What is causing this?

did you download the hooligan labs airship mod, which is a dependency for heisenburg airships, and is responsible for generating the lifting code for airships?

The Heisenberg Airship Parts Pack is a series of parts designed to work with the Hooligan Labs Airships mod by @JewelShisen. Hooligan Labs isn't included with this parts pack, so you'll need to download it here. You also need the latest Firespitter.

Edited by vardicd

15 minutes ago, vardicd said:

did you download the hooligan labs airship mod, which is a dependency for heisenburg airships, and is responsible for generating the lifting code for airships?

The Heisenberg Airship Parts Pack is a series of parts designed to work with the Hooligan Labs Airships mod by @JewelShisen. Hooligan Labs isn't included with this parts pack, so you'll need to download it here. You also need the latest Firespitter.

I put the Hooligan labs in gamedata with firespitter and Heisenberg but it is still not generating lift. Also the Hooligan Labs once placed in editor cannot be grabbed and when in game they fall through the ground. Firespitter is up to date and I have the latest modulemanager. What is happening lol

14 minutes ago, EFYN said:

I put the Hooligan labs in gamedata with firespitter and Heisenberg but it is still not generating lift. Also the Hooligan Labs once placed in editor cannot be grabbed and when in game they fall through the ground. Firespitter is up to date and I have the latest modulemanager. What is happening lol

then I have no ideas, your problem is beyond my ability to help at this point. Sorry.

33 minutes ago, EFYN said:

Heisenberg should be in the WildBlueIndustries folder as well, if it isn't.  It does sound like an install issue.  KSP 1.3? Can you post a picture of your GameData folder?

1 hour ago, EFYN said:

A minimum install of Heisenberg will look like the below image (you can have extra mods as well but must have at least these - in these locations):

Spoiler

Also when your airship is launched it will initially have no buoyancy and will just sit on the runway. To get it to lift off open the HL Airships control panel by clicking on the AppLauncher button. Click the two radio buttons to turn altitude control and auto buoyancy on. Then give the "++" button a couple of taps and after a short delay you should rise gently into the air.

Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Aelfhe1m said:

A minimum install of Heisenberg will look like the below image (you can have extra mods as well but must have at least these - in these locations):

Reveal hidden contents

Also when your airship is launched it will initially have no buoyancy and will just sit on the runway. To get it to lift off open the HL Airships control panel by clicking on the AppLauncher button. Click the two radio buttons to turn altitude control and auto buoyancy on. Then give the "++" button a couple of taps and after a short delay you should rise gently into the air.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Thank you, The mod is fine I just did not notice the HL Airships button. It now works! Although Hooligan mod is still broken.

Thanks vardicd and Krakatoa for also trying to help!

6 hours ago, vardicd said:

Would you be willing to share the craft file for that helicopter?

Sure, why not. Here it is.

Here, I believe, except for Heisenberg and Buffalo I used only Navigation lights, TweakScale and Airplane Plus (with TweakScale patch). But I should warn that I have tons of mods, so I could have forgotten some :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.