[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

ok, i have an issue. I built an airship with a previous version of this mod. I updated to the latest version, and now my airship won't load, because of a missing part

Upon closer inspection, it appears that the part in question (GondolaHab.mu) has been renamed on this version, along with all it's associated files.

Now, if i change the name of the part, and it's associated files, back to what they were in the old version, is that going to cause a problem?

16 minutes ago, Numberyellow said:

Now, if i change the name of the part, and it's associated files, back to what they were in the old version, is that going to cause a problem?

I think it's safer to manually edit the craft file. Is not that hard once you get used to. Make a backup copy (always make a backup! :) ), then look for all the occurrences of the old part and change the name to the new one. Don't bother renaming the links, just the part name is enough.

3 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I think it's safer to manually edit the craft file. Is not that hard once you get used to. Make a backup copy (always make a backup! :) ), then look for all the occurrences of the old part and change the name to the new one. Don't bother renaming the links, just the part name is enough.

I have absolutely no idea how to do that.

It looks like this one part was the only one that had it's name changed. There's got to be a reason for that.

31 minutes ago, Numberyellow said:

I have absolutely no idea how to do that.

It looks like this one part was the only one that had it's name changed. There's got to be a reason for that.

Basically, you are dragging a very old save game with a very old version of this mod up to the current version. Most of the gondola pieces got replaced a year or more ago with new versions that can be packed away. There was quite a bit of discussion at the time in this thread about how to upgrade things if needed.

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

Basically, you are dragging a very old save game with a very old version of this mod up to the current version. Most of the gondola pieces got replaced a year or more ago with new versions that can be packed away. There was quite a bit of discussion at the time in this thread about how to upgrade things if needed.

what i don't get is if the parts were replaced with newer versions of the same parts, why weren't all of the part names changed? And if they're new versions, with the same old names, why could i not just change the name of the Habitat module back to what it was before?

EDIT: Which, if i think about it, under most circumstance, just changing names like that would be stupid, because most likely the "part" may have baked in calls to the support files, and if i change their names, it could break the whole thing, and cause the application to crash.

Edited by Numberyellow

Good news: I figured out how to resize the cables! Problem is, I can't land any planes on carriers because the park feature in Heisenberg (or buffalo?) doesn't work after you go back to the space center. The airship just falls down, in this case, into the sea. Also @panarchist's Lindy Kerman is the wrong airship: its actually the default Heisenberg.

20 hours ago, One Random Kerbal said:

Good news: I figured out how to resize the cables! Problem is, I can't land any planes on carriers because the park feature in Heisenberg (or buffalo?) doesn't work after you go back to the space center. The airship just falls down, in this case, into the sea. Also @panarchist's Lindy Kerman is the wrong airship: its actually the default Heisenberg.

This one? https://kerbalx.com/panarchist/AS-01-Lindy-Kerman

That shouldn't be the Heisenberg, I just pulled down the craft file from KerbalX and looked at it, and it's definitely the Lindy. It might SAY "Heisenberg" on the side because that's the default decal - I created some custom decals, I should post those somewhere.

Regarding landing on the carrier, your options are basically either download Physics Range Extender, or launch from and land on the parked carrier rather than going back to the space center. There's definitely some quirks and difficulties trying to do flight ops. @Shnyrik might have some good suggestions - he's the real expert.

I've been away from Kerbal and this mod for awhile and surprised to see all the new stuff! Thanks for all the great work.

Made a new craft in 1.61 and everything seems to work fine except I can't reverse thrust with the WB-50 prop.

This new ship tries to do everything. It can fly like a plane, bimp or rocket or a mix of the three. It can get around the ocean like a boat and even has wheels to drive if needed. Its set up for your prospecting mod and to 100% self sustain crew and fuel indefinitely on another planet(with air). Its also Kerbalism/TAC ready for long interplanetary trips. It's also an SSTO.

https://imgur.com/gallery/OBGmi4T

Now I know what you are thinking. The only place it can't go is underwater? Yes it's unplayable I know but I'm trying to fix that! I just can't seem to sink this thing. 800 tons of fuel and water got the wings to touch the water that's it. It it possible to sink a blimp? Please help!

Edit: I installed FAR now this thing can go to Eve without refuel.. I'm not sure if FAR works right with these parts. It just flies way too good for a 200 ton ballon https://imgur.com/gallery/38IXzqn

Edit 2: Well I set the thrust for the props to reverse in the editor and when I launch the craft it works. I can even set to forward like normal.

Edited by SpaceFoon
more info

On 4/11/2017 at 4:15 PM, Violet_Wyvern said:

This is the big sister of the previous flying fortress, Build before the kerbin war, but reconstructed for modernization and relaunched at the war erupt,  Due to it's pre-dreadnought design, it has loads of secondary guns to deal with enemy's ships.....

Vvv47SW.png

sc48ggz.png

2sUapwX.png

Where on eart- err kerbin did you get the Hull?? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have found that the mm configs for TAC are a bit mixed up for this mod and pathfinder. Forgot to check Buffalo. Mainly the resource ratios seem to be backwards or something. Running the garden gondos and gondos with the pigpen module in them results in a net gain of resources. Also amount of resources on some parts need to be tweaked and remove fertilizer from TAC garden gondos. I'm going to work on a mm patch to fix things and I'll share it here. I also want to make a patch that makes TAC use Oxium instead of Oxygen. Should be easy to just patch all parts (even from other mods) that use oxygen?

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, EeshSinGer said:

hi i have a complaint why doesnt it work.

Are you sure you've installed it correctly? Assuming you only have Heisenberg and its dependencies installed, you should have ModuleManager as well as a WildBlueIndustries folder in your GameData folder. The WildBlueIndustries folder should have the folders 000BarisBridgeDoNotDelete, Wild Blue Tools, ClassicStockResources and Heisenberg in it.

I hope that made sense :)

Just now, Dark_Derp said:

Hi, I installed this mod after getting back into ksp again but no matter what I try, I keep getting this issue: m4SLAn4.jpg

How do I fix this?

The 'unknown part modules' thing was introduced in update 1.6 (I think?). It's just saying 'hey, this craft was built with some other mods installed, watch out because things might be broken'. It's usually harmless and you should still be able to open those ships fine.

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

The 'unknown part modules' thing was introduced in update 1.6 (I think?). It's just saying 'hey, this craft was built with some other mods installed, watch out because things might be broken'. It's usually harmless and you should still be able to open those ships fine.

It is quite annoying though: having to confirm this stuff constantly but thanks for the help.

Edited by Dark_Derp

I kinda like it, as occasionally I remove a mod thinking I’m not using it, and it lets me know if I was using it, and on which ships.

To remove the warning, load the ship, add a small part, remove the part (basically 'dirty' it's state), then save.  Now the ship's been saved without the module in question, and you'll never get the error again for that ship.  (At least as far as I can recall.)

I have only just now realized just how easy it is to construct a zeppelin in space with this mod, all things considered. I expected I'd have to use three different mods, build it one segment at a time, and hope I can line them up perfectly, but no, it turns out I just need to put a launch pad on a space station with some EL workshops and ship up/make some parts and then I've got a zeppelin, ready to be flown to another planet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.