[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the mod, but I am really struggling to build a Carrier Blimp that can stay level, let alone something that can be used to land on.

Can I bother one of the other mod users for a .craft and supplementary mod list?

@TachyonGMZ I think so, but I'm no mod-maker. Have you considered using Janitor Closet to help manage your partslist?

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of KSP and was having fun flying around on your airship. I noticed your HL-10 Hangar Deck is suppose to be a cargo bay. When flying around my items in the cargo bay produce drag, so I did a test. One with just a Buffalo Command cab alt-snapped into place in the middle of the hangar deck so I had no parts clipping anything. While flying and using the aero right-click debug menu it was showing drag whether I had the cargo bay opened or closed(locked). I configured the ship as below.

WB-50 <-> HL-10 Nosecone <-> HL-10 Nuclear Gyro ring <-> HL-10L Dirigible section <->HL-10 Hangar Deck <-> HL-10L Dirigible section <-> HL-10 Nuclear Gyro ring <-> HL-10 Tail cone <-> WB-50

Not sure if this is working as intended as my stock Squad MK3 cargo bays work in game. Here is the list of mods I have installed. I am on KSP 1.3.1, MM 2.8.1, Hooligan Labs Airships 6.3.1, Heisenberg 2.8.9 and Firespitter 7.6.0.

CKAN mod list.

"abstract": "A list of modules installed on the default KSP instance",
    "name": "installed-default",
    "license": "unknown",
    "version": "2018.01.03.06.37.52",
    "identifier": "installed-default",
    "spec_version": "v1.6",
    "recommends": [
 "name": "CargoFreighter"
 "name": "USI-LS"
 "name": "UKS"
 "name": "KIS"
 "name": "USITools"
 "name": "CommunityResourcePack"
 "name": "CommunityCategoryKit"
 "name": "FirespitterCore"
 "name": "USI-Core"
 "name": "Konstruction"
 "name": "GroundConstruction-Core"
 "name": "AT-Utils"
  "name": "ConfigurableContainers-Core"

Things are going a lot more smoothly now that I use 'Recoupler' by Booots , but I feel that I am still forced to accommodate my designs to the options of the mod rather then vice-versa. Is Angel-125 still taking feature requests? Is there any change we could get:

• A few Bison Gondola parts that radially attach via their roof, so that it is easier to suspend stable pods underneath the large 'HL-10 Hanger Deck' and 'HL-10L Dirigible Section'? (especially the 'Bison Type 1 Fairing')
  • Some way to either remove the top cover of a 'HL-10L Cargo Lift'  similar to the 'open Doors'-option of the 'HL-10 Hanger Deck' or a way to place a   'HL-10 Flight Deck' on top of a 'HL-10L Cargo Lift'  without causing massive clipping in the Flight Deck sections?
  • A part that adapts from a 'HL-10 Flight Deck' in 'Wide Width'-mode to a'HL-10 Flight Deck' in 'Standard Width'-mode?
  • A part that fills up the gap between 2 side-by-side sections of 'HL-10 Flight Deck' set to 'Standard Width'? The Mk2 Fuselage still leaves big gaps.

I also had trouble when I sent a Kerbal on EVA on the 'HL-10 Hanger Deck'. Valentina got out the topside hatch just fine, but was never able to stand up and walk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 6:31 AM, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

I am getting some odd behaviour in my KSP and although I am fairly sure it's part of stock, I have been asked to check:

There is absolutely no chance that using this parts pack adds any contracts to the career-mode mission control, right?

I think stock contracts can make use of Heisenberg's parts.

This is specifically about "A group of tourists would like to visit {0} for several days and then return home safely. It would be the experience of a lifetime!"...", which seems to be describing a new type of contract, very similar to one that is showing up in my game, in spite of me not adding any contract mods. It is weird to find information about contracts in a parts-pack mod that makes no mention of adding any contracts.

3 hours ago, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

This is specifically about "A group of tourists would like to visit {0} for several days and then return home safely. It would be the experience of a lifetime!"...", which seems to be describing a new type of contract, very similar to one that is showing up in my game, in spite of me not adding any contract mods. It is weird to find information about contracts in a parts-pack mod that makes no mention of adding any contracts.

Hey bud, it was mentioned. Those contracts are from Pathfinder, and it was a big focal point on one of the last releases, when the full functionality of the Hogan was introduced. Does it drastically affect your gameplay?

I browsed though the first post of this thread and the last page, so I didn't notice the inclusion.

It didn't really cause problems, I 'stopped tracking' the wreckage that it was aiming for. Mostly I was surprised, and on a bit of a scavenger hunt trying to find out the specific details of that contract: "does it count if I use the Adv Grabbing Unit 'Claw' to dock some additional living space onto the station? Or do I really need to sit 3 kerbals into a 1-seat station?"

Angel-125, would it still be possible to update your first post with all the additional content?

1 hour ago, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

I browsed though the first post of this thread and the last page, so I didn't notice the inclusion.

It didn't really cause problems, I 'stopped tracking' the wreckage that it was aiming for. Mostly I was surprised, and on a bit of a scavenger hunt trying to find out the specific details of that contract.

Angel-125, would it still be possible to update your first post with all the additional content?

I'll look into it. Meanwhile, Heisenberg 2.9.3 is now available:

- WBT Update
NOTE: This is the last update of Heisenberg for KSP 1.3.1.

Edited by Angel-125

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having trouble with your blimp falling apart? My blimp I just made breaks when you turn at all above 100 m/s. I also had some phantom forces that would grow until it broke right off the runway. Rigid body stopped that but didn't make the craft any stronger it seems. 

i download a Heisenberg 2.9.3  but its not working :(

mods : Wild Blue Tools , Kerbal Actuators and Airships are unsuported to 1.3.1 .

Firespitter and Hooligan Lab instaled by Ckan

I got about 50 diffrent mods installed by Ckanand its work ok but when i add Heisenberg mod the game crash

Edited by Haszkers

On 3/4/2018 at 6:20 AM, Haszkers said:

i download a Heisenberg 2.9.3  but its not working :(

mods : Wild Blue Tools , Kerbal Actuators and Airships are unsuported to 1.3.1 .

Firespitter and Hooligan Lab instaled by Ckan

I got about 50 diffrent mods installed by Ckanand its work ok but when i add Heisenberg mod the game crash

They work quite well in 1.3.1 and are most definitely supported.

On 1/3/2018 at 2:18 AM, Barar said:

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of KSP and was having fun flying around on your airship. I noticed your HL-10 Hangar Deck is suppose to be a cargo bay. When flying around my items in the cargo bay produce drag, so I did a test. One with just a Buffalo Command cab alt-snapped into place in the middle of the hangar deck so I had no parts clipping anything. While flying and using the aero right-click debug menu it was showing drag whether I had the cargo bay opened or closed(locked). I configured the ship as below.

WB-50 <-> HL-10 Nosecone <-> HL-10 Nuclear Gyro ring <-> HL-10L Dirigible section <->HL-10 Hangar Deck <-> HL-10L Dirigible section <-> HL-10 Nuclear Gyro ring <-> HL-10 Tail cone <-> WB-50

Not sure if this is working as intended as my stock Squad MK3 cargo bays work in game. Here is the list of mods I have installed. I am on KSP 1.3.1, MM 2.8.1, Hooligan Labs Airships 6.3.1, Heisenberg 2.8.9 and Firespitter 7.6.0.

CKAN mod list.

Same issue everything inside my bays were making a ton of drag. Installed FAR and I had a whole new machine that actually flew.

As for the ships falling apart I just installed Kerbal joint reinforcement.  

On 03/01/2018 at 8:18 AM, Barar said:

Hi,

CKAN mod list.

Same. I made a ship that would lower a docking port/arm via infernal robotics which then connects to the aircraft mid flight and whenever it was in the hanger (closed and open) it would bounce up and down while flying at higher speeds often clipping through even though it was connected and stored.

Was a nifty system allowing safe quick and easy refueling mid flight(will try and find the file soon to make a screenshot)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.