[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

Just now, Angel-125 said:

What version of ModuleManager do you have installed? The logs suggest that you don't have it:

<insert Homer Simpson reaction .GIF>  D'oh.

Though MM was installed in the original save, where the problems first showed up...  I'll install it in the new save and get some logs later today.

<Seriously, I feel really stupid here.>

Installed MM, and got the reactor control UI on both the SAFER and the Nuclear Gyro Ring...  Both seemed to work, though thermal efficiency on both steadily dropped, the battery steadily (if slowly) dropped, and even with 4 Twisters at full throttle the gyro ring power output as displayed stayed at "n/a" (even when the SAFER was off and the Ring was shouldering the whole load).

W78eEbC.png

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5udj1oxo5wgx1s/KSP_1002.log?dl=0

8 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

Installed MM, and got the reactor control UI on both the SAFER and the Nuclear Gyro Ring...  Both seemed to work, though thermal efficiency on both steadily dropped, the battery steadily (if slowly) dropped, and even with 4 Twisters at full throttle the gyro ring power output as displayed stayed at "n/a" (even when the SAFER was off and the Ring was shouldering the whole load).

W78eEbC.png

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5udj1oxo5wgx1s/KSP_1002.log?dl=0

M8 did you forget radiators for the SAFER and Rings?

also MM 3.0.6 is the one you want. Check that you have it.  3.0.5 causes issues.

And do you have hooligan labs installed?

Speaking of hooligan labs, what parts of it do we need? also why is the icon for HLairships app broken? 

Edited by Mark Kerbin

4 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

M8 did you forget radiators for the SAFER and Rings?

SAFER has built in radiators.  I did put a radiator on the ring at one point, but it didn't appear to do anything.  Might have to retest.

also MM 3.0.6 is the one you want. Check that you have it.  3.0.5 causes issues.

3.0.6 is in fact what I have.

And do you have hooligan labs installed?

Speaking of hooligan labs, what parts of it do we need? also why is the icon for HLairships app broken? 

Hooligan labs is not installed as this is a test install to work out why I was having reactor problems, then I'll start adding mods.  IIRC, from previous experience, you only need the .dll and can safely delete everything else.  The icon may be broken because Hooligan has not been updated for 1.4.1, it's unclear at this point what the author's intentions are.

@DerekL1963 I think I figured out what the deal is. The Configs are missing some important stuff, such as a generator module. Some also have a fewwww to many 0s me thinks. :/

ba641d4ccd5b7da5480e5b156a8c2877.pngComparing the stock fuel cell to the Nuk Gyro. 

Looks like said gyro doesnt actually have anyway to make much EC, infact it doesn't make any at all. Upon having a look at the non nuk gyro, Its obvious that the nuk gyro is just missing the module that lets it make EC.

ec310ee108f764a28f078e364cd53e52.png

^Note the Compressor AND Generator modules found in the non nuke one.

Meanwhile I can't seem to find a config for the SAFER, but the textures are there....

Nevermind, turns out it's config is in the wildblue tools folder not Heisenberg, along with copies of the textures.

74d546794bf27c3c1387e90808ac5339.png

Stock RTG on left. First things im noticing is that the SAFER needs a higher temp to produce less EC slower.  So that could be an issue, like seriously that generator is weak af. Copious amounts of power my left engine cluster.... 

Im gonna try to fix these myself later, and maybe see about posting a non official sorta "fix" for stuff that may or may not be intentional 

@Angel-125 m8 you may want to go through your folders and configs. There are some seeming broken values and modules in several configs, and PLENTY of hubris (I Ment Clutter!!!! I so picked the wrong word there. what the heck is wrong with me.) *A large amount of redundant files and folders, some of which may be of my causing*. I'm not you so I may not be seeing some method you use, apologizes if thats true.  Otherwise nice mod. parts are awesome . :P The K.A.S. Kraken is doing well on its 4 year mission around kerbin. 

Edited by Mark Kerbin

35 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

SAFER has built in radiators.  I did put a radiator on the ring at one point, but it didn't appear to do anything.  Might have to retest.

Installed a radiator...  But with both a Nuclear Gyro Ring and a SAFER installed and running, a small radiator only radiated about .1% more when the thermal efficiency stabilized at about 60%.  Now off to work on the blog post that's due in a few hours.

13 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

PLENTY of hubris

Dude, language and attitude!  We're all friends here, be cool.

6 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

Installed a radiator...  But with both a Nuclear Gyro Ring and a SAFER installed and running, a small radiator only radiated about .1% more when the thermal efficiency stabilized at about 60%.  Now off to work on the blog post that's due in a few hours.

Sorry went a bit overboard. Kinda tired, and really should not be sorting thru folders rn. This also caused me to pick the wrong word thinking it ment something else. Probably was going for "clutter". Big woops.

@Angel-125 Sorry, Didn't mean to be rude. :/ My bad if I offended.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

11 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

Annnd he's ignored. :)

Power Output is something I'm still puzzling through. The stock game changed some parameters that I was using, so it's not working right at this point. I'll probably remove that feature. The thermal stuff also changed and may need some fine tuning. It's a bit of an arcane science at this point as that feature isn't well documented from what I've been able to find.

Edited by Angel-125

The beauty of the ignore feature is that I don't have to read any "last word" posts. Anyway, I'll look at the nuclear gyro more when I have more time. For now, try removing the core heat stuff and set the converter's generatesHeat property to false. See if that clears things up.

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Anyway, I'll look at the nuclear gyro more when I have more time. For now, try removing the core heat stuff and set the converter's generatesHeat property to false. See if that clears things up.

I'll test that, may not be until the weekend with the other stuff on my plate.   No real hurry, because the storyline I'm planning needs some other yet-to-drop mods (not yours, Nert's) and a couple of weeks of setting the infrastructure.  (Stuff that already happened in the time line like space stations and whatnot.)

Oh, and mastering re-entry and transferring to lighter-than-air flight on Duna.  No luck on that so far.  Any tips on vehicle design and/or piloting techniques?   I basically can't get sufficient buoyancy (even after dumping the drive unit) before hitting the surface.

1 minute ago, DerekL1963 said:

I'll test that, may not be until the weekend with the other stuff on my plate.   No real hurry, because the storyline I'm planning needs some other yet-to-drop mods (not yours, Nert's) and a couple of weeks of setting the infrastructure.  (Stuff that already happened in the time line like space stations and whatnot.)

Oh, and mastering re-entry and transferring to lighter-than-air flight on Duna.  No luck on that so far.  Any tips on vehicle design and/or piloting techniques?   I basically can't get sufficient buoyancy (even after dumping the drive unit) before hitting the surface.

My experience is that I can't fly airships on Duna. They're too heavy for the thin air. You might need a combination of airship hull and lift fans to help. I made all the propellers electric for that reason...

28 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

My experience is that I can't fly airships on Duna. They're too heavy for the thin air. You might need a combination of airship hull and lift fans to help. I made all the propellers electric for that reason...

I'll keep plugging away at it then...  thanks!

5 hours ago, DerekL1963 said:

I'll keep plugging away at it then...  thanks!

You can make these fly on duna they just have to be a lot more realistic. Like 99% air and 1%ship if you know what I mean. You could add wings and landing gear and just use buoyancy to assist flight.

18 hours ago, SpaceFoon said:

You can make these fly on duna they just have to be a lot more realistic. Like 99% air and 1%ship if you know what I mean. You could add wings and landing gear and just use buoyancy to assist flight.

Oh! A hybrid airship would be interesting..

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Oh! A hybrid airship would be interesting..

I'm working on one it actually flys pretty good with FAR. It has props powered with electricity and a nuclear reactor for flying around. Also has jet engines for flying around faster and higher and it has rocket engines because it's an ssto too. It's also self sustainable with the drills, ISRUs, greenhouses and workshop. Can seat 100. I could change the flight deck to not be asymmetrical and it would fly a ton better but I want sideways landings for the flight crews safety.

I am having some problems with frames tho and it looks like its cause by the golonda parts. I built this craft in 1.3.1 and when I got 8 fps I decided to go to 1.4 for the better performance. 1.4 does help but 10 fps still is a little low. After your update I started testing this craft with a ton of different part configurations and allthogh some parts do take fps the golonda parts can cut my fps in half. I lost 2 fps just by having a few golonda parts and went from 22 fps to 10 by adding a lot. I have pics of me flying around with different parts but I don't see an output.log anywhere. https://imgur.com/a/Oju1F

I can get a mod list and craft file if that helps. In 1.3.1 and 1.4.1 I used a lot of mods and different life support mods but they didn't seem to affect anything fps wise.

Welp just realize that my fps counter didn't show in any of the screenshots. :huh:. Anyway if you need proof let me know.

Edited by SpaceFoon
more info.

Ims1pWo.png

Took the newest version of Norge out for a spin - and even though she looks naked without her signature solar panels, she can flat out haul tail on eight engines.  I'll probably go down to four...  Her mission doesn't need that amount of speed.

Also loving the new "Void" template, that wasn't there the last time I played with airships - it clears out a lot of clutter in the UI.  (I'd still love a compressed air template someday.)

hZ7D3meh.png

Also discovered that, when put into an action group, "Toggle fwd/rev" doesn't work.  (And what is "Toggle RW"?)

Pondering on the various options for a Duna Dirigible, I decided that the primary features I wanted to preserve were the ones that define a blimp as opposed to an aircraft or rocket.  The ability to travel indefinitely at low speeds, to hover indefinitely, and to land precisely at zero horizontal speed.  That leads inexorably to lift fans.   So, when I get to that point I'll look into one of the throttle mods to see if I can move the lift fans to a seperate set of throttles.

12 hours ago, SpaceFoon said:

I'm working on one it actually flys pretty good with FAR. It has props powered with electricity and a nuclear reactor for flying around. Also has jet engines for flying around faster and higher and it has rocket engines because it's an ssto too. It's also self sustainable with the drills, ISRUs, greenhouses and workshop. Can seat 100. I could change the flight deck to not be asymmetrical and it would fly a ton better but I want sideways landings for the flight crews safety.

I am having some problems with frames tho and it looks like its cause by the golonda parts. I built this craft in 1.3.1 and when I got 8 fps I decided to go to 1.4 for the better performance. 1.4 does help but 10 fps still is a little low. After your update I started testing this craft with a ton of different part configurations and allthogh some parts do take fps the golonda parts can cut my fps in half. I lost 2 fps just by having a few golonda parts and went from 22 fps to 10 by adding a lot. I have pics of me flying around with different parts but I don't see an output.log anywhere. https://imgur.com/a/Oju1F

I can get a mod list and craft file if that helps. In 1.3.1 and 1.4.1 I used a lot of mods and different life support mods but they didn't seem to affect anything fps wise.

Welp just realize that my fps counter didn't show in any of the screenshots. :huh:. Anyway if you need proof let me know.

One of the things I'm working on for my mods is mesh optimization, something I didn't know about when I built most of them. I've got MOLE almost done, Heisenberg is coming up next. But it's a slow process as I combine meshes that use the same texture. It should help but don't expect massive performance improvements. Sounds like a cool airship. :)

47 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

Took the newest version of Norge out for a spin - and even though she looks naked without her signature solar panels, she can flat out haul tail on eight engines.  I'll probably go down to four...  Her mission doesn't need that amount of speed.

Also loving the new "Void" template, that wasn't there the last time I played with airships - it clears out a lot of clutter in the UI.  (I'd still love a compressed air template someday.)

Also discovered that, when put into an action group, "Toggle fwd/rev" doesn't work.  (And what is "Toggle RW"?)

Pondering on the various options for a Duna Dirigible, I decided that the primary features I wanted to preserve were the ones that define a blimp as opposed to an aircraft or rocket.  The ability to travel indefinitely at low speeds, to hover indefinitely, and to land precisely at zero horizontal speed.  That leads inexorably to lift fans.   So, when I get to that point I'll look into one of the throttle mods to see if I can move the lift fans to a seperate set of throttles.

Sounds like you finally got the reactor to work. :) Next update will have some tweaks to it as well that might help with the temperature issues. I'm also poking around in KerbalActuators- my modlet that spins the props and lets you rotate the Tornado electric fan- so I can look at the action group issue. Speaking of lift fans, the Tornado does have hover ability...

Side note: I'm finishing up MOLE's feature complete release, and KerbalActuators is getting a couple of new parts. One of them is a station arm to grab free floating payloads it. The other is this:

pTWBlm3.png

pSnIYKn.png

It's a construction crane- @Read have Read calls it a knuckle boom, which is an interesting concept. Regardless, it's another way to recover craft aboard an airship. To give you an idea of how it works, here's a video of the station arm's operation. The crane works similarly.

Edited by Angel-125

11 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Sounds like you finally got the reactor to work. :)  Next update will have some tweaks to it as well that might help with the temperature issues.

Actually, no, they had some pretty severe issues... :)  But the reactors are a known problem and I haven't  had time to make the changes you suggested, so I didn't bring them up.  There's some performance-over-time issues, and I need to try the heat fixes you suggested to make sure they aren't related.  And I need to figure out how to properly document and present them once I've put the heat fixes in place.  (I'm not a coder, but once-upon-a-time I was a trained troubleshooter and the habits have stuck.)

Plus after a week of farting about in the SPH and sitting in clamps on the runway, I wanted to fly!

21 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I'm also poking around in KerbalActuators- my modlet that spins the props and lets you rotate the Tornado electric fan- so I can look at the action group issue. Speaking of lift fans, the Tornado does have hover ability...

Yep, if it has enough oomph in the Duna's thin atmosphere, the Tornado is my go-to for a lift fan.  It's nice and compact and fits neatly beside a gondola.  As you no doubt saw with Skydancer, space on the sides of the envelope is at a premium and I'll need that for my drive motors.  If it doesn't have enough oomph, I've got a couple of other ideas but they'll be a pain to implement.

Yeah, I've seen the arm/crane over in the M.O.L.E thread and it's pretty cool.  Might be an easier way to load/unload a rover than the current cargo elevator.

On 3/28/2018 at 10:19 AM, Angel-125 said:

For now, try removing the core heat stuff and set the converter's generatesHeat property to false.

The only converter I can find in the Nuclear Gyro Ring's .cfg is the compressor.  I can't find anything related to core heat or generated heat for the reactor.

The config file is behind the spoiler...

Spoiler

//Y is Front
//-Y is Back
//Z is Bottom
//-Z is Top
//X is Right
//-X is Left
PART
{
	// --- general parameters ---
	name = hl10NuclearGyro
	module = Part
	author = Angel-125

// --- asset parameters ---

rescaleFactor = 1

MODEL
	{
	    model = WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/HL10/NuclearGyro
	}

// --- node definitions ---
	node_attach = 5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, -5.0, 0, 0, -1, 3
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 5.0, 0, 0, 1, 3
	node_stack_left = -5.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1, 0, 0, 3
	node_stack_right = 5.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1, 0, 0, 3
	node_stack_front = 0.0, 0.625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
	node_stack_back = 0.0, -0.625, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

// --- editor parameters ---
	TechRequired = specializedElectrics
	entryCost = 11650
	cost = 600000
	category = Control
	subcategory = 0
	title = HL-10 Nuclear Gyro Ring
	manufacturer = Heisenberg Airships
	description = The only thing better than a giant gyro ring is a nuclear powered giant gyro ring.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

//USS Macon displacement: 209580.3 m^3; dead weight: 97975 kg
	//209580.3 / 97975 = 2.139 kg per m^3 = 0.002139 mt/m^3 ~ 0.002 mt/m^3
	mass = 4.6
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2
	crashTolerance = 10
	breakingForce = 50
	breakingTorque = 50
	maxTemp = 1900
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	emissiveConstant = 0.6

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleReactionWheel
		PitchTorque = 500
		YawTorque = 500
		RollTorque = 500
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			rate = 5.0
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceIntake
		resourceName = Atmosphere
		checkForOxygen = true
		area = 0.002
		intakeSpeed = 12
		intakeTransformName = Intake  
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter
		ConverterName = Compressor
		StartActionName = Start Compressor
		StopActionName = Stop Compressor
		ToggleActionName = Toggle Compressor
		FillAmount = 0.99
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		UseSpecialistBonus = false

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 15
			FlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
  		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Atmosphere
			Ratio = 1.5
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = CompressedAtmosphere
			Ratio = 1.5
			DumpExcess = false
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBINodeStripper
		stripUnusedNodes = true
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIPowerMonitor
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Atmosphere
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 15.0
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 4500
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = CompressedAtmosphere
		amount = 250.0
		maxAmount = 250.0
	}

DRAG_CUBE
	{
		cube = Default, 12.5,0.7825,5.08, 12.5,0.7825,5.08, 37.63,0.9755,1.001, 37.63,0.9756,1.001, 12.5,0.7825,5.08, 12.5,0.7825,5.08, 0,-7.749E-07,0, 10,1.25,10
	}

}

31 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

The only converter I can find in the Nuclear Gyro Ring's .cfg is the compressor.  I can't find anything related to core heat or generated heat for the reactor.

The config file is behind the spoiler...

Reveal hidden contents

//Y is Front
//-Y is Back
//Z is Bottom
//-Z is Top
//X is Right
//-X is Left
PART
{
	// --- general parameters ---
	name = hl10NuclearGyro
	module = Part
	author = Angel-125

// --- asset parameters ---

rescaleFactor = 1

MODEL
	{
	    model = WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/HL10/NuclearGyro
	}

// --- node definitions ---
	node_attach = 5, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, -5.0, 0, 0, -1, 3
	node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 5.0, 0, 0, 1, 3
	node_stack_left = -5.0, 0.0, 0.0, -1, 0, 0, 3
	node_stack_right = 5.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1, 0, 0, 3
	node_stack_front = 0.0, 0.625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 3
	node_stack_back = 0.0, -0.625, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 3

// --- editor parameters ---
	TechRequired = specializedElectrics
	entryCost = 11650
	cost = 600000
	category = Control
	subcategory = 0
	title = HL-10 Nuclear Gyro Ring
	manufacturer = Heisenberg Airships
	description = The only thing better than a giant gyro ring is a nuclear powered giant gyro ring.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
	attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

//USS Macon displacement: 209580.3 m^3; dead weight: 97975 kg
	//209580.3 / 97975 = 2.139 kg per m^3 = 0.002139 mt/m^3 ~ 0.002 mt/m^3
	mass = 4.6
	dragModelType = default
	maximum_drag = 0.2
	minimum_drag = 0.2
	angularDrag = 2
	crashTolerance = 10
	breakingForce = 50
	breakingTorque = 50
	maxTemp = 1900
	fuelCrossFeed = True
	emissiveConstant = 0.6

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleReactionWheel
		PitchTorque = 500
		YawTorque = 500
		RollTorque = 500
		RESOURCE
		{
			name = ElectricCharge
			rate = 5.0
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceIntake
		resourceName = Atmosphere
		checkForOxygen = true
		area = 0.002
		intakeSpeed = 12
		intakeTransformName = Intake  
	}

MODULE
	{
		ConverterName = Compressor
		StartActionName = Start Compressor
		StopActionName = Stop Compressor
		ToggleActionName = Toggle Compressor
		FillAmount = 0.99
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 15
  		}
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = Atmosphere
			Ratio = 1.5
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = CompressedAtmosphere
			Ratio = 1.5
			DumpExcess = false
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBINodeStripper
		stripUnusedNodes = true
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = WBIPowerMonitor
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Atmosphere
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 15.0
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 4500
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = CompressedAtmosphere
		amount = 250.0
		maxAmount = 250.0
	}

DRAG_CUBE
	{
		cube = Default, 12.5,0.7825,5.08, 12.5,0.7825,5.08, 37.63,0.9755,1.001, 37.63,0.9756,1.001, 12.5,0.7825,5.08, 12.5,0.7825,5.08, 0,-7.749E-07,0, 10,1.25,10
	}

}

Check out the Templates/CRP folder, you'll find it in there.

42 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Check out the Templates/CRP folder, you'll find it in there.

Ah, wouldn't have thought to look there...

So, modified the file and tested....

nYM16Jp.png

On an eight engine test, there wasn't enough power to keep eight Twisters at full throttle...

bzkoGDS.png

And, oddly enough, the same held true for four Twisters....  (Check out the load percentage....)

Log of the eight and four engine tests (I spotted what I think are errors):  https://www.dropbox.com/s/sva6kx8nurdoven/KSP_1003.log?dl=0

Config file from /Heisenberg/Templates/CRP  (as edited):

Spoiler

@PART[hl10NuclearGyro]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleOverheatDisplay
	}

MODULE
	{
		ConverterName = Nuclear Reactor
		StartActionName = Start Nuclear Reactor
		StopActionName = Stop Nuclear Reactor
		ToggleActionName = Toggle Nuclear Reactor
		FillAmount = 1.0
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		DefaultShutoffTemp = .8

TemperatureModifier
		{
			key = 0 100000
			key = 750 50000
			key = 1000 10000
			key = 1250 500	
			key = 2000 50	
			key = 4000 0
		}

ThermalEfficiency 
		{
			key = 0 0 0 0
			key = 500 0.1 0 0
			key = 1000 1.0 0 0
			key = 1250 0.1 0 0
			key = 3000 0 0 0 
		}

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = EnrichedUranium
			Ratio = 0.00003704
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = DepletedUranium
			Ratio = 0.00002472
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}

OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 1000
			DumpExcess = false
		}
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = EnrichedUranium
		amount = 800
		maxAmount = 800
	}

RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedUranium
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 800
	}
}

35 minutes ago, DerekL1963 said:

Ah, wouldn't have thought to look there...

So, modified the file and tested....

On an eight engine test, there wasn't enough power to keep eight Twisters at full throttle...

And, oddly enough, the same held true for four Twisters....  (Check out the load percentage....)

Log of the eight and four engine tests (I spotted what I think are errors):  https://www.dropbox.com/s/sva6kx8nurdoven/KSP_1003.log?dl=0

Config file from /Heisenberg/Templates/CRP  (as edited):

Without core heat, I don't think the TemperatureModifier or ThermalEfficiency parts will work right, and I imagine the engine will be stuck in low/no power mode. Try taking that out, too? Actually, looking back at your post on Tuesday at the top of the page, everything was working correctly there, possibly, except both reactors were overheating and your thermal efficiency was dropping substantially. I'm in 1.3.1 still, but I just set up a nuclear gyro ring with a drone core and a bunch of large fixed radiators (just to test), basically making your set up from that day but with radiators, and the generator worked perfectly. It's set up to scale down production when you're at full EC, but if the generator isn't working correctly anymore because of overheating, it might just not be able to keep up with the props.

Edited by Krakatoa

35 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Actually, looking back at your post on Tuesday at the top of the page, everything was working correctly there, possibly, except both reactors were overheating and your thermal efficiency was dropping substantially. I'm in 1.3.1 still, but I just set up a nuclear gyro ring with a drone core and a bunch of large fixed radiators (just to test), basically making your set up from that day but with radiators, and the generator worked perfectly.

Restored the original config, and no dice.  The radiators don't radiate (yes, I remembered to activate them) and the reactor output still clamps at a fraction of what it should be.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.