[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

3 hours ago, panarchist said:

I suddenly feel like watching "Castle in the Sky". :-D

@Angel-125 - any luck contacting JewelShisen about updating HL Airships?

I updated the code and put in a pull request weeks ago. It's out of my hands. I'm going to dust off my alternate solution and get that working.

On 5/8/2020 at 1:10 PM, Angel-125 said:

I updated the code and put in a pull request weeks ago. It's out of my hands. I'm going to dust off my alternate solution and get that working.

@Angel-125 - Let me know if you'd like another pair of "hands" for testing. 

I'm having a bit of a problem getting the updated version to work; I have KSP 1.9; I've downloaded and installed the Hooligan Labs, Module Manager and Heisenberg Part pack.  The airship tab is there, but the main airship parts (the lift cores, tail and nose caps, etc) are just big grey cylinders.  They won't attach to one another or the gondolas.  The engines are missing as well.  Not sure if there's something I'm missing, and it's entirely possible I've misinstalled.  Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Well, it could be up to your airship then. It may be too heavy to fly - you can open the HL window in the VAB/SPH and it'll tell you whether it'll fly or not.

It tells me that it can fly. It's envelope volume is 525000.

Vessel mass is 356,62T.

Net buoyancy is 2811.49KN

Equilibrium altitude is 4600m.

Hopefully that helps.

(it still can't fly)

Wait i fixed it. I just had to wait for the buoyancy to go up.

Edited by siklidkid

9 hours ago, siklidkid said:

It tells me that it can fly. It's envelope volume is 525000.

Vessel mass is 356,62T.

Net buoyancy is 2811.49KN

Equilibrium altitude is 4600m.

Hopefully that helps.

(it still can't fly)

Wait i fixed it. I just had to wait for the buoyancy to go up.

Yea the buoyancy doesn't change instantly. It takes a bit to go up or down, just like it would in real life.

• 3 weeks later...

I just updated to 1.10, and tried to launch the game as-is with my previously running mods. The initial loading screen for the game was stopping on 

WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/PassengerGondola/WBI_PassengerGondola

The game wasn't crashing, it just didn't progress past this point. I alt-f4'd out, and tried it again with the same result, on the same file. I left it there for at least 10~ minutes each time. 

I deleted the WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg directory as a whole, and the game was then able to load normally. After reinstalling it, the game stopped loading on the same file. So then I tried removing only the ~/Gondola/PassengerGondola.mu and ~/Gondola/PassengerGondola.cfg files, and the game was able to load again as normal, so guessing the patch broke something specifically in this module.

The problem seems to be in the ModuleDeployableSolarPanel (as in the MKS Sunflower), just commenting that module allows that part, and the game, to load normally (minus the solar panel functionality on the part of course).

There seems to be a transform problem, but I stupidly didn't keep the log when it finally logged and so far it stops before logging the error again (then again, because of that logging problem, it might not be the transform error that freezes the game, but the one after that that isn't logged before the game freezes), I'll post the relevant info as soon as I get it again.

Edited by EthanKerbman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, Angel-125 said:

I haven't tested any of my mods on KSP 1.10 yet. Lots going in on work right now. Hopefully this weekend I can setup 1.10 and see what breaks.

there was mention of this above, Here is the last bit of the log from my install doing the same thing, maybe that will help narrow it down (when you have time)

[LOG 10:39:32.586] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/JumpJetModule/WBI_BisonJumpJet'
[LOG 10:39:32.605] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/JumpJetModule/WBI_BisonJumpJet' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 10:39:32.608] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/PadExtension/WBI_PadExtension'
[LOG 10:39:32.615] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/PadExtension/WBI_PadExtension' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 10:39:32.615] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 10:39:32.616] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.PadExtension'
[LOG 10:39:32.653] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/PassengerGondola/WBI_PassengerGondola'
[LOG 10:39:32.667] PartLoader: Part 'WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/PassengerGondola/WBI_PassengerGondola' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 10:39:32.667] [DragCubeSystem]: Drag cubes not found or cannot be read for part Part. Generating New drag cubes.
[LOG 10:39:32.670] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'WBI.PassengerGondola'
[EXC 10:39:32.733] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__34.MoveNext () (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 10:40:25.035] Launcher here(in write): False
[LOG 10:40:31.805] Launcher here(in write): False

@Grease1991 The problem there is that the Passenger Gondola part has a procedural drag cube given in its config, entirely unlike other Gondola parts which have a fixed drag cube given. That is something for Angel to copy over and release as a minor update. This problem applies to any part that has procedural or dynamic drag cubes (due to mesh toggles or animations) and a solar panel module.

Until Angel posts said update, this patch should work for you:

@PART[WBI_PassengerGondola]:NEEDS[WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg]
{
	@DRAG_CUBE
	{
		!procedural = True
		cube = Default, 5.338,0.9535,0.3821, 5.338,0.9534,0.3821, 5.259,0.9989,0.0965, 5.259,0.9989,0.0965, 6.524,0.9594,0.244, 6.549,0.9189,0.705, 8.833E-05,0,-0.1293, 2.584,2.534,2.105
	}
}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.