[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

On 9/23/2018 at 3:12 PM, panarchist said:

Let me see if I still have them lying around, and I can put them up on Kerbal-X.

https://kerbalx.com/panarchist/AS-05-Essex

https://kerbalx.com/panarchist/AS-01-Amelia-Kerman

I need to put the others up at some point, but that might need to wait a week or three - limited time right now due to work and family trips.

5 hours ago, panarchist said:

https://kerbalx.com/panarchist/AS-05-Essex

https://kerbalx.com/panarchist/AS-01-Amelia-Kerman

I need to put the others up at some point, but that might need to wait a week or three - limited time right now due to work and family trips.

Woah, thanks! I'll make sure to check them out later, once I install all the mods.

Heisenberg 2.13 is now available:

Omni Converters & Storage
- Added search functions to OmniStorage and OmniConverter GUI.
- Play Mode now lists which mods support a particular mode.

Classic Stock
- Added new Classic Stock omni converters: Propellium Distiller, Oxium Distiller, Snack Grinder (requres Snacks), Soil Dehydrator (requires Snacks).
- Gondo Hab, Gondo Lab, and Gondo Office all default to Omni templates.

I've had an idea of an airship to make with this mod: 

Spoiler

2014-10-12_1337448221699.jpg

I figure I can use infernal robotics for the moving parts and the colors with, MCPJ, I suppose? There's also other carriers but I'll do those later. Now, the problem here is that after installing all the mods for @panarchist amazing designs above, ksp won't work. Does hesienberg conflict with those mods? I figure the mods might mess with each other, ksp works when I delete them all.

On 10/7/2018 at 6:51 PM, One Random Kerbal said:

I've had an idea of an airship to make with this mod: 

Reveal hidden contents

2014-10-12_1337448221699.jpg

I figure I can use infernal robotics for the moving parts and the colors with, MCPJ, I suppose? There's also other carriers but I'll do those later. Now, the problem here is that after installing all the mods for @panarchist amazing designs above, ksp won't work. Does hesienberg conflict with those mods? I figure the mods might mess with each other, ksp works when I delete them all.

The Essex uses the following mods:

SCANsat
Hullcam VDS
ACA (Aircraft Carrier Accessories)
Tweakscale (to resize the ACA parts)
Heisenberg
Pathfinder (or Buffalo)
KHI Presents Original KSP Parts - which I didn't know until I uploaded it to KerbalX
Hooligan Labs Airships (prerequisite for Heisenberg)

I'm going to yank the KHI Presents part(s) and re-upload. The other mods shouldn't prevent KSP from loading if you have the latest versions, unless you have other conflicting mods, or are running the 32-bit version of KSP with too many other mods.

I'll also remove the USI parts from the Amelia Kerman. USI + Pathfinder can have issues, so that might be a root cause. I'm not currently using any USI mods, but the carriers were built back when I was.

EDIT: Essex has been reposted minus some offending parts. Needs to be further edited to remove MODULE references to USI and other unnecessary mods - will do that in the next couple days, most likely.

Edited by panarchist

@Angel-125 - is there a separate thread for KerbalActuators? I was wondering how it determines which engines to use for hover. Is it current stage only? I replaced the SAFER reactor on the Kestral with a turbogenerator from the V-22, which works fine at full throttle, but doesn't provide enough EC when the VTOL function throttles it down along with the hover engines. If I stage separate the generator from the VTOL rotors, will that allow me to keep the generator at full throttle when I hover the Kestral? How is the V-22 doing it?

39 minutes ago, panarchist said:

@Angel-125 - is there a separate thread for KerbalActuators? I was wondering how it determines which engines to use for hover. Is it current stage only? I replaced the SAFER reactor on the Kestral with a turbogenerator from the V-22, which works fine at full throttle, but doesn't provide enough EC when the VTOL function throttles it down along with the hover engines. If I stage separate the generator from the VTOL rotors, will that allow me to keep the generator at full throttle when I hover the Kestral? How is the V-22 doing it?

It uses all the active engines for managed hovering. The gas turbine generator power output is based on throttle setting.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

It uses all the active engines for managed hovering. The gas turbine generator power output is based on throttle setting.

Ok, got it - so as long as I'm flying in hover mode, and have the throttle all the way up, I'm fine - the Hover Controller will maintain my vertical positioning without adjusting the throttle and the GTG will continue outputting at the desired level. So it's only a problem if I want to do manual flying, or fly with the rotors tilted for "airplane" flight with the throttle at a lower setting. I guess I'd need TCA for something like that. (not my preference - I mean, TCA is awesome, but then there's potential conflicts, and the reason I love your VTOL functionality is due to the simplicity. No worries, this works well enough now that I know why I kept losing power to the rotors and crashing.

Welp, might as well post it here:

Installing this mod makes the vast majority of reconfigurable parts in MOLE and Pathfinder stop working. The only exceptions are the OMS kit and the Hogan. Deleting this mod doesn't make the problem go away. It might also be what's making the DSEV parts not work. I can't for the life of me figure out how the changes persist after the mod is deleted, or why they happen in the first place.

For those interested in the full documentation of my plight, see the Pathfinder thread.

33 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Welp, might as well post it here:

Installing this mod makes the vast majority of reconfigurable parts in MOLE and Pathfinder stop working. The only exceptions are the OMS kit and the Hogan. Deleting this mod doesn't make the problem go away.

Probably older versions of dependencies.

Install this mod, then reinstall the latest versions for Pathfinder, overwriting everything. Heisenberg should be left untouched, but everything else will be updated.

6 hours ago, Lisias said:

Probably older versions of dependencies.

Install this mod, then reinstall the latest versions for Pathfinder, overwriting everything. Heisenberg should be left untouched, but everything else will be updated.

I already did so. The issue persists.

Heisenberg Airships 2.13.1.0 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/Airships/releases/tag/v2.13.1.0

Changes

Last release for KSP 1.4.5!

Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed issue where switching Play Modes would cause some files to not be renamed and cause all kinds of fun for players...
NOTE: For the changes to take effect, you'll need to switch your Play Mode to some mode other than the current one, then switch it to the desired mode.

Wow wonderful mod and would love to download it but my computer hates everything but CKAM so can you please put it on CKAM so this amazing mod can be brought to more kerbals. I mainly want to use this for a floating base and try and keep it up in Jool's atmosphere, and if ksp won't let me then i will find a mod or just use it like a normal kerbal. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Minor/trivial bug report: Bison Stabilizer Legs are in the "Coupling" category despite not having the docking port etc property. It's Buffalo Ground Stabilizer (Buffalo legs) that are a docking port. (They are currently in Control, which is reasonable as they have a reaction wheel too).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BlackWing Pilot said:

How about the hooligan's lab airship, i think it won't be compatible because it's still compatible with KSP 1.3.X

Been using it in 1.5.1, does exactly what it's supposed to with my airships.  Haven't moved on to 1.6 just yet, but I can't imagine that would have been the final straw to break HL.

• 2 weeks later...

I get null refs when shutting off the gas turbine.  This is on KSP 1.6, latest Heisenberg.  I should do more troubleshooting to see if it's a conflict with another mod that I have installed.

[EXC 19:22:56.980] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WildBlueIndustries.ModuleBreakableConverter.StopResourceConverter ()
    WildBlueIndustries.WBIGasTurbine.PreProcessing ()
    BaseConverter.FixedUpdate ()

1 hour ago, Kerbex said:

I get null refs when shutting off the gas turbine.  This is on KSP 1.6, latest Heisenberg.  I should do more troubleshooting to see if it's a conflict with another mod that I have installed.

[EXC 19:22:56.980] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    WildBlueIndustries.ModuleBreakableConverter.StopResourceConverter ()
    WildBlueIndustries.WBIGasTurbine.PreProcessing ()
    BaseConverter.FixedUpdate ()

Should be fixed in the next update. Waiting on squad..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.