[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

4 hours ago, Dark_Derp said:

m4SLAn4.jpg

How do I fix this?

I agree that this feature should go away or have a toggle so you can disable it (or just be implemented better like in-flight messages that fade away after a few seconds). You can skip those warnings by avoiding the Load button and double-clicking the craft in the Load UI.

4 hours ago, DStaal said:

I kinda like it, as occasionally I remove a mod thinking I’m not using it, and it lets me know if I was using it, and on which ships.

To remove the warning, load the ship, add a small part, remove the part (basically 'dirty' it's state), then save.  Now the ship's been saved without the module in question, and you'll never get the error again for that ship.  (At least as far as I can recall.)

I agree with this too.

8 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Are you sure you've installed it correctly? Assuming you only have Heisenberg and its dependencies installed, you should have ModuleManager as well as a WildBlueIndustries folder in your GameData folder. The WildBlueIndustries folder should have the folders 000BarisBridgeDoNotDelete, Wild Blue Tools, ClassicStockResources and Heisenberg in it.

I hope that made sense :)

wait so do not remove the wild blue industries out of their folders? also i already have that modulemanager it still doesnt work

Edited by EeshSinGer

4 hours ago, EeshSinGer said:

wait so do not remove the wild blue industries out of their folders? also i already have that modulemanager it still doesnt work

Unzip the zip file you got when you downloaded it, there should be a GameData folder inside that with ModuleManager and WildBlueIndustries in it. Since you already have ModuleManager in your main GameData, you just need to put WildBlueIndustries next to it in the same folder.

You also need Hooligan Labs Airships to make the airships fly, there’s a link in the first post of this thread. For that, you’ll want a HLAirships folder inside GameData.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

I had an idea for an addition: Rails you can attach/toggle inside of your airship which allows you to build on it. I've tried to set something similar like this with infernal robotics but it just didn't work properly.

Here's an example I made(I suck at drawing, I know):

0eff6667ed887c4887b47b1c20d3b57e.png

Do you think this would be possible or would this be too hard to do?

2 hours ago, Dark_Derp said:

I had an idea for an addition: Rails you can attach/toggle inside of your airship which allows you to build on it. I've tried to set something similar like this with infernal robotics but it just didn't work properly.

Here's an example I made(I suck at drawing, I know):

0eff6667ed887c4887b47b1c20d3b57e.png

Do you think this would be possible or would this be too hard to do?

This would be difficult to do, unfortunately, without Infernal Robotics. Plus the mod is pretty much feature complete at this point, meaning I don’t currently have plans to add new parts. If at some point Hooligan Labs becomes non-viable then I would make a replacement for the static lift plugin. Otherwise, things are pretty good as is. But if it is something you are interested in making, then by all means. Heisenberg came to be because I didn’t have the parts that I wanted and I was willing to put in the work to make them. I encourage others to do the same if my mods don’t have the parts that you are looking for. :)

Okay, I've attempted to design an airborne base for exploring Eve, but on testing it's unable to take off; as the envelope is inflated the airship either begins to bounce up and down with increasing intensity, resulting in a rapid unplanned disassembly; or one end of the airship rapidly ascends, smashing the other end into the runway, potentially destroying the runway and almost invariably destroying the airship. Attempting to control these effects with lift fans, RCS, or gyro rings is ineffective. Auto-pitch is similarly ineffective and may be making the problem worse. Do I not have enough buoyancy? Am I increasing the buoyancy too fast? Do I need launch clamps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Angel-125 Not sure if this is PEBCAK or a bug, but when I put Cyclone engines on my airship and try to set up an action group for reverse thrust it doesn't work (the airship moves forward rather than backward). When I'm adding the engines to the airship, I have four facing backward, so I set those on reverse by default and have the action group 'Toggle Forward/Reverse Thrust' for all eight engines.

Reverse thrust seems to work on your sample craft, but not if I build it from scratch, which is odd. Of course, I might be being stupid and it works absolutely fine.

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Angel-125 Not sure if this is PEBCAK or a bug, but when I put Cyclone engines on my airship and try to set up an action group for reverse thrust it doesn't work (the airship moves forward rather than backward). When I'm adding the engines to the airship, I have four facing backward, so I set those on reverse by default and have the action group 'Toggle Forward/Reverse Thrust' for all eight engines.

Reverse thrust seems to work on your sample craft, but not if I build it from scratch, which is odd. Of course, I might be being stupid and it works absolutely fine.

I will have a look when I get more time. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Any chance to get the downside opening hatches?  (Same as Hagoromo Maru from the anime The Magnificent Kotobuki)

20.png

It will be very challenge to (launching / landing) your planes since it's weird position,  But the advantage is you can (launching / landing) your planes diractly (from / to) your airship's hanger...

Dx7CgMCUUAA9-Dy.jpg

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 12:14 AM, Violet_Wyvern said:

Any chance to get the downside opening hatches?  (Same as Hagoromo Maru from the anime The Magnificent Kotobuki)

20.png

It will be very challenge to (launching / landing) your planes since it's weird position,  But the advantage is you can (launching / landing) your planes diractly (from / to) your airship's hanger...

First, I tried to build a flight deck and hangar on the underside of an airship using with current Heisenberg parts and the result was not lovely. Having a flight deck through the length of the airframe, like the Kotobuki version of Hagoromo Maru, would be cool. In a similar vein, I've been playing with the idea for an airship version of the Battlestar Galactica - if it doesn't look like dog-vomit, I'll post a pic of it.

The original Hagoromo Maru was a minesweeper of the Nihon Kaigun. She was part of Task Force MO, in the invasion group commanded by Rear Admiral Shima Kiyohide. She was sunk during the Battle of the Coral Sea. When Kotobuki started airing, I was a little shocked to learn the name of the protagonists' airship. After WW2, Hagoromo Maru has been a barge (lost at sea) and most recently she was a liquid waste hauler. Awkwaaaaaard.

Edited by MaeharaProjekt

1 hour ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

Could you make this available on CKAN?

@Angel-125 doesn't let his mods on CKAN because while it seems to be doing a perfect job on the surface, underneath it's screwing up installs and causing all kinds of support issues. Most (if not all) of the time it's better to install mods manually. 

I have looked into the reverse thrust issue and it seems that something changed with KSP. The normal method of setting the thrust vector that has worked for ages no longer works. I will have to redesign it to regain that functionality.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I have looked into the reverse thrust issue and it seems that something changed with KSP. The normal method of setting the thrust vector that has worked for ages no longer works. I will have to redesign it to regain that functionality.

For now the workaround is just to have dedicated reverse engines on your airship that you turn on only when you want reverse thrust. But I look forward to the fix :)

On 5/13/2019 at 12:12 PM, theonegalen said:

Thanks @MaeharaProjekt, now I have another anime to watch. Anything with airplanes. I quite enjoyed the Dragon Pilot one last year.

You are welcome, but @Violet_Wyvern deserves credit for first posting about the Magnificient Kotobuki.
I do love enabling other anime-fans though, even as a wingman.
It does not feature airships, per se, but the 1987 film "Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise," DOES have an aircraft carrier, pusher-prop fighters, jet-powered fighters, and even a lovely rocket, inspired by, ironically, by Soyuz. I say "ironically," because the director and senior staff had gone to the USA to visit NASA for source material and watch a shuttle launch (Discovery, for the STS-51-D or STS-51-G mission, I think).

Edited by MaeharaProjekt

On 5/16/2019 at 9:18 AM, MaeharaProjekt said:

You are welcome, but @Violet_Wyvern deserves credit for first posting about the Magnificient Kotobuki.
I do love enabling other anime-fans though, even as a wingman.
It does not feature airships, per se, but the 1987 film "Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise," DOES have an aircraft carrier, pusher-prop fighters, jet-powered fighters, and even a lovely rocket, inspired by, ironically, by Soyuz. I say "ironically," because the director and senior staff had gone to the USA to visit NASA for source material and watch a shuttle launch (Discovery, for the STS-51-D or STS-51-G mission, I think).

Yeah, I've been trying to find a way to get a copy of RSF on Blu-Ray for a while now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.