[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

3 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

Showrooms seem to be 'in' lately, so... https://flic.kr/s/aHskRcqcEC

Looks cool! :) You can also close off the gaps in the flight deck if you want by attaching the flight deck fairing. It has an extra node that lets you attach the deck extensions too if you want. Looks like a great ship. :)

11 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Looks cool! :) You can also close off the gaps in the flight deck if you want by attaching the flight deck fairing. It has an extra node that lets you attach the deck extensions too if you want. Looks like a great ship. :)

I did find a little 'gotcha', not a programming error, not really a bug either, but something to keep in mind:

When i lowered the cargo lift and rolled a rover on it, even with brakes on the rover started sliding. While the lift was going up again i switched back to the rover to undo some of the slipping. Apparently the lift does not detect when it  should stop when the dirigible is not the active craft, so it squashed the rover against the roof of the Cargo Lift section.

Also, i lowered the lift before 'launching' the rover and drive it over to the dirigible. But when i got in view, the lift was up again.

Edited by Denko666

10 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

I did find a little 'gotcha', not a programming error, not really a bug either, but something to keep in mind:

When i lowered the cargo lift and rolled a rover on it, even with brakes on the rover started sliding. While the lift was going up again i switched back to the rover to undo some of the slipping. Apparently the lift does not detect when it  should stop when the dirigible is not the active craft, so it squashed the rover against the roof of the Cargo Lift section.

The elevator is definitely a little finicky, so use with caution. It does have a guard rail that pops up automatically. If you use AirPart, it can help with the slippage you noticed. :)

44 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

The elevator is definitely a little finicky, so use with caution. It does have a guard rail that pops up automatically. If you use AirPart, it can help with the slippage you noticed. :)

I did use airpark, but i think i need to read up on how to use it. It did seem to park when i added the anchor from hooliganlabs. But maybe it started to roll again before i could push park. Each time i launch it takes quite a while to balance out the airship even with fuelbalancer and it starts rolling even from Jeb's farts. 

I seem to remember someone here commenting he wanted bigger diameter airship parts..  I kind of concur with that. My workhorse SSTO doesn't fit into the hangar deck. Even when i fold the wings 3ways. I made a lite version, and that one fits but barely. I think there 1mm on each side. 

Maybe an oval hull would be cool? One wider then it is tall? Like this one 6b9be619aa61309e72c057af45055857.jpg

Just dropping that with you should ever feel inclined to make a second hull formfactor

Thanks for yet another great mod m8! 

Edited by Denko666
Update

Finally got around to trying out the latest version of this excellent mod and... I'm really not sure if this is a bug or designer error, but when I went to test my first trial airship... the darn thing flipped upside down. It still flew, mind. Just... upside down. Best I can tell, this might be related to the Auto-Pitch option since it happened after that was activated, which I did to try to balance the ship and bring it back to level, which it kind of did. Just... upside down.

1 hour ago, sirrliv said:

Finally got around to trying out the latest version of this excellent mod and... I'm really not sure if this is a bug or designer error, but when I went to test my first trial airship... the darn thing flipped upside down. It still flew, mind. Just... upside down. Best I can tell, this might be related to the Auto-Pitch option since it happened after that was activated, which I did to try to balance the ship and bring it back to level, which it kind of did. Just... upside down.

Might have something to do with the center of mass on the airship hulls. Try commenting out the COMOffset lines in the config files. I don't have any problems with the Akron (no commented out COM lines), and I can land on the roof of the VAB:

1Jtg3FI.png

I've got two of the gyro rings on there...

Edited by Angel-125

What's the deal with the Stabilizers?

I hyperdeited Heisenberg to Eve. I inflated the envelope to max. It was really sluggish. I retracted the stabilizers and... everything asplode.

Also, part request: Bison to  Buffalo bicoupler! :)

31 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

What's the deal with the Stabilizers?

I hyperdeited Heisenberg to Eve. I inflated the envelope to max. It was really sluggish. I retracted the stabilizers and... everything asplode.

Also, part request: Bison to  Buffalo bicoupler! :)

Stabilizers don't seem to be helping much right now. I have a patch later this week to remove the ground stabilizer code (an attempt to keep bases from sliding) as well as move the flight deck extensions to the proper node, but for now you can change WBIGroundStabilizer to ModuleAnimateGenericSFX to get rid of the problem.

Edited by Angel-125

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Stabilizers don't seem to be helping much right now.

Seems they do - reducing the speed to <2m/s - regardless of circumstances, like ground contact or altitude or speed you're moving at when deploying them :) Probably not entirely what they are supposed to do :)

Two small nitpicks:

- the reaction wheel is somewhat smaller than most of hull segments, creating a visible notch.

- z-fighting between the deck segments and hull segments. Make the deck segments a tenth of percent larger and everything will look OK.

Also, not tested so far but seeing "IntakeAir" everywhere related to "Compressed Air" makes me nervous about my Eve plans. Mods like MK2 expansion, USI Freight and some others use "IntakeAtm" instead, having all intakes provide it, and using it for electric prop engines, nuclear turbojets and others that don't require oxygen. Maybe I worry needlessly, but if the reaction wheels need oxygen atmosphere, that would be bad news for me.

1 hour ago, Sharpy said:

Seems they do - reducing the speed to <2m/s - regardless of circumstances, like ground contact or altitude or speed you're moving at when deploying them :) Probably not entirely what they are supposed to do :)

Two small nitpicks:

- the reaction wheel is somewhat smaller than most of hull segments, creating a visible notch.

- z-fighting between the deck segments and hull segments. Make the deck segments a tenth of percent larger and everything will look OK.

Also, not tested so far but seeing "IntakeAir" everywhere related to "Compressed Air" makes me nervous about my Eve plans. Mods like MK2 expansion, USI Freight and some others use "IntakeAtm" instead, having all intakes provide it, and using it for electric prop engines, nuclear turbojets and others that don't require oxygen. Maybe I worry needlessly, but if the reaction wheels need oxygen atmosphere, that would be bad news for me.

I take pull requests, so if you want to fiddle with the gyro ring's nodes until the match your exact specifications (and they're reasonable to me), or you want to download Blender and fix the z-fighting issues, then by all means. As for the IntakeAir, with the exception of the compressor on the gyro ring, that's by design. The Cyclone requires IntakeAir, as does the generator on the gyro ring. Next patch will correct the gyro ring's compressor to use Atmosphere instead of IntakeAir as was originally intended.

Here is Heisenberg 2.1.5: (and on spacedock)

- Added Bison to Buffalo adapters. There are two types.
- Removed velocity modifying code from the ground stabilizer. Be warned, your vessels might slip on slopes.
- Moved Flight Deck Extensions to Advanced Aerodynamics.
- The Gyro Ring now correctly takes in Atmosphere and creates CompressedAir.
- Fixed issues with KerbNet in the command pods.
- Simplified the production chain for TAC-LS to use Waste in place of Fertilizer.
- Added a Compost Lab configuration to GondoLab to make Fertilizer when Snacks is installed.

Edited by Angel-125

52 minutes ago, Jivaii said:

You got seen!

Youtube reveiw

Awesome! I was hoping to have the custom wheel done and (if possible) make the docking port pivot like the stock claw can before @Kottabos noticed the mod, but those are still in planning. My brain decided to take a modding break this week so they'll have to wait until January, along with my V-22-alike stuff for the Buffalo...

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Awesome! I was hoping to have the custom wheel done and (if possible) make the docking port pivot like the stock claw can before @Kottabos noticed the mod, but those are still in planning. My brain decided to take a modding break this week so they'll have to wait until January, along with my V-22-alike stuff for the Buffalo...

Something that I noticed when he was doing the review, could you use B9 part switch for the various end pieces? That seemed to be alot of different parts.

5 minutes ago, Jivaii said:

Something that I noticed when he was doing the review, could you use B9 part switch for the various end pieces? That seemed to be alot of different parts.

Yup, sure could, WBT even has one. However, I've found that people get confused about the part switcher and then complain about a lack of adapters. So for the Heisenberg I aimed for a lower common denominator.

I rather enjoy having the part switcher, but I was using B9 when B9 came out with it, so I figured it out quickly and easily. It'd probably be difficult to have it use part switcher if detected, and if it isn't, it loads like it does now?

8 minutes ago, Jivaii said:

I rather enjoy having the part switcher, but I was using B9 when B9 came out with it, so I figured it out quickly and easily. It'd probably be difficult to have it use part switcher if detected, and if it isn't, it loads like it does now?

Part switchers work by having multiple 3D meshes in the same .mu file (or having multiple MODEL entries) and then hiding the ones you don't want. If having a part switching version of the fairings and adapters is important to you, nothing's stopping you from creating a config file that combines the .mu files of all the fairings into one. Take a look at WBIMeshHelper, it has what you need to switch the meshes around. :)

Upon clicking "reconfigure storage" on GondoHab I'm getting an empty, unclosable window.

hFd4KiB.png

[EXC 22:54:26.580] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	WildBlueIndustries.ConvertibleStorageView.DrawView ()
	WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel)
	WildBlueIndustries.WBIOpsManager.DrawOpsWindow (System.String buttonLabel)
	WildBlueIndustries.OpsManagerView.DrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
	WildBlueIndustries.Window`1[T].PreDrawWindowContents (Int32 windowId)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 22:54:26.582] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[EXC 22:54:26.598] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

A couple days ago I got the same thing with one of Pathfinder parts (I think Casa, though I'm not sure, out "in the field") but I didn't report, because I was still on the previous version of Heisenberg (and WildBlueTools as result) and hoped upgrade would fix it.

KSP 1.2.2, Heisenberg 2.1.5

Edited by Sharpy

22 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

Upon clicking "reconfigure storage" on GondoHab I'm getting an empty, unclosable window

[EXC 22:54:26.580] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[ERR 22:54:26.582] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

[EXC 22:54:26.598] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

A couple days ago I got the same thing with one of Pathfinder parts (I think Casa, though I'm not sure, out "in the field") but I didn't report, because I was still on the previous version of Heisenberg (and WildBlueTools as result) and hoped upgrade would fix it.

KSP 1.1.2, Heisenberg 2.1.5

Not seeing that issue. What mods do you have installed?

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Not seeing that issue. What mods do you have installed?

Too many listing them would be of any help :)

Ok, false alarm. I found the reason: old Pathfinder: 1.2.4 - while current seems to be 1.3.5

On an unrelated note. What profile is Buffalo Type 2 cone meant to connect to? The one shaped like Buffalo cockpit nose?

1 hour ago, Sharpy said:

Too many listing them would be of any help :)

Ok, false alarm. I found the reason: old Pathfinder: 1.2.4 - while current seems to be 1.3.5

On an unrelated note. What profile is Buffalo Type 2 cone meant to connect to? The one shaped like Buffalo cockpit nose?

None.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.