[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

33 minutes ago, Denko666 said:

I have a complaint for the manufacturer of them deckplatings here:

They're can't withstand exhaustheat and buckle at 13T+... With unfortunate consequences, as you can see

Well, you are trying to land 13+ metric tons on the deck... :) 13-15 metric tons is actually pretty reasonable, given that the Nimitz class' max landing weight is about 23 metric tons, and you're landing on a flying aircraft carrier. I checked, the maxTemp is 1900, which is lower than a typical wing section (typical wing is 2400) but still pretty good.

Try these values:

crashTolerance = 50
breakingForce = 300
breakingTorque = 300
thermalMassModifier = 8.0
emissiveConstant = 0.8

See if that helps.

Edited by Angel-125

51 minutes ago, CyCoolGames said:

The mod isn't working right. it gives me some parts but not all of them I have newest version of fire spitter and have both mods. also it wont even give me the categorys for the parts  either please help. thank you :)

Likely there is an installation problem.  Pics of your GameData and WildBlueIndustries folders would likely help.

13 hours ago, DStaal said:

Likely there is an installation problem.  Pics of your GameData and WildBlueIndustries folders would likely help.

in my game data folder there is just the two mods and the latest version of firespitter. and that's it. do I have to put the game data folder from the mods into the ksp game data folder?

what would help is giving me steps to install the mods correctly. thanks :)

Edited by CyCoolGames
forgot to add something

50 minutes ago, CyCoolGames said:

in my game data folder there is just the two mods and the latest version of firespitter. and that's it. do I have to put the game data folder from the mods into the ksp game data folder?

what would help is giving me steps to install the mods correctly. thanks :)

Per t he first link on a Google search for "kerbal gamedata structure":

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Root_directory

So you want /GameData/<mod folder>/ ,  NOT GameData/GameData/<mod folder>

22 minutes ago, CyCoolGames said:

trying to figure out how to insert a screen shot. any help?

you cant embed images directly into this wonderful forum software :P
You have to upload your image to an image hosting site, like imgur, photobucket, embedly, etc, then paste a link into your post

Edited by Stone Blue

1 hour ago, Fireheart318 said:

Can the runway sections please have symmetry enabled? It gets really annoying when I'm trying to build a larger runway. The deck sections should also connect with each other and not just other airship parts

Sure, create a pull request on GitHub and I'll review it. :)

Downloaded this mod a few days back and am absolutely loving it! I've been testing out some different designs, and I was wondering, would it be possible to get a cargo bay part that opens up on the bottom like the cargo lift, but instead of the floor lowering down as a lift it also folds away like the envelope? The reason I ask is to allow use of KAS electromagnets and winches to pick things up that are too large for, or otherwise incompatible with, the lift.

On 12/31/2016 at 9:18 AM, Denko666 said:

I have a complaint for the manufacturer of them deckplatings here:

They're can't withstand exhaustheat and buckle at 13T+... With unfortunate consequences, as you can see

How did those changes I suggested work out?

3 hours ago, billybob579 said:

Downloaded this mod a few days back and am absolutely loving it! I've been testing out some different designs, and I was wondering, would it be possible to get a cargo bay part that opens up on the bottom like the cargo lift, but instead of the floor lowering down as a lift it also folds away like the envelope? The reason I ask is to allow use of KAS electromagnets and winches to pick things up that are too large for, or otherwise incompatible with, the lift.

Actually, the Hangar Deck was specifically designed so that it could be flipped upside down and form a drop bay for exactly that purpose. :) Just flip it upside down and install your winches on the ceiling. Although, it sounds like what you are looking for is a longer lift section, like 10m...

Edited by Angel-125

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

How did those changes I suggested work out?

Looks OK now :D happy customer... :wink:

Here's the MM script i wrote for it:

@PART[*FlightDeck*]:NEEDS[Heisenberg]
{
	@crashTolerance = 50
	@breakingForce = 300
	@breakingTorque = 300
	%thermalMassModifier = 8.0
	@emissiveConstant = 0.8
}

It does produce a new issue tho.... airpark apparently does not influence attitude control, so keeping the airship balanced is tricky. I think i'll write a kOS script for that

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRUGiVp

Edited by Denko666

1 hour ago, Denko666 said:

Looks OK now :D happy customer... :wink:

Here's the MM script i wrote for it:

@PART[*FlightDeck*]:NEEDS[Heisenberg]
{
	@crashTolerance = 50
	@breakingForce = 300
	@breakingTorque = 300
	%thermalMassModifier = 8.0
	@emissiveConstant = 0.8
}

It does produce a new issue tho.... airpark apparently does not influence attitude control, so keeping the airship balanced is tricky. I think i'll write a kOS script for that

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRUGiVp

Great, I'll incorporate those changes into the next release. Um, how does changing the crash tolerance affect AirPark?

@Stone Blue Those look cool. :) Moffett Field's hangar One is near where I live so if anything, I'd make a hangar based on that, heh. It would be neat to replace the stock game's hangar..

Edited by Angel-125

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Those look cool. :) Moffett Field's hangar One is near where I live so if anything, I'd make a hangar based on that, heh. It would be neat to replace the stock game's hangar..

Awww... but those are the hangars @ MCAS Tustin... near where I used to be stationed at MCAS El Toro...
I was fortunate enough to be assigned temporary duty with a maintenance squadron for a few weeks at Tustin, and got to check out the hangars first hand, when they were still in use for helos... pics just dont do them justice...
I guess there were 17 of these hangars built on 10 bases across the US at the beginning of WWII... All 17 using the same plans and design,,, I guess only 7 survive...
I actually read bac9's blog article on how the "new" VAB was created for KSP... Unfortunately, I'm thinking it would be way beyond what little knowledge I have of modding, to add these hangars to the game... :P

And now we return the thread to its regularly scheduled programming, now that I've derailed it... lol
Sorry...

57 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Awww... but those are the hangars @ MCAS Tustin... near where I used to be stationed at MCAS El Toro...
I was fortunate enough to be assigned temporary duty with a maintenance squadron for a few weeks at Tustin, and got to check out the hangars first hand, when they were still in use for helos... pics just dont do them justice...
I guess there were 17 of these hangars built on 10 bases across the US at the beginning of WWII... All 17 using the same plans and design,,, I guess only 7 survive...
I actually read bac9's blog article on how the "new" VAB was created for KSP... Unfortunately, I'm thinking it would be way beyond what little knowledge I have of modding, to add these hangars to the game... :P

And now we return the thread to its regularly scheduled programming, now that I've derailed it... lol
Sorry...

LOL, I remember visiting El Toro for the annual Marine Corps air show. Lots of fun... there are hangars of that design at Moffett too.

6 hours ago, CapitalistLenin said:

@Shnyrik how did you adjust the arrest cable sizes on your carrier? Because during construction of my own I found out the cables are much wider than the airship itself.

I use this simple config (it is also useful to resize airplane hooks, because they are enormously large too):

@PART[ArrestWire]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

@PART[TailHook]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

6 hours ago, CapitalistLenin said:

Also what item from what mod are you using to dock the airplanes?

I use fixed joints from beta KAS-1.0

Edited by Shnyrik

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Um, how does changing the crash tolerance affect AirPark?

i dont think it does. its just that airpark keeps a ship in the same spot, but it doesn't compensate for shifts in CoM. Landing a spaceplane on the airship causes some serious change in CoM. i anticipated that and put storage gondolas with Lead in them Front Left,Center,Right and Rear Left,Center,Right. I use TAC FuelBalancer to pump those around, but manually rebalancing the airship is vewwy vewwy twicky because of its overall mass and size it has tremendous inertia and so reacts very sluggish to the changes. All the while the spaceplane start to slip to one side further exaggerating the unbalance, meaning you need to start shifting lead around again and the whole balancing act starts over again. It does keep you busy. So i think i need to have this done by kOS, who can more accurately calculate how much lead needs to go where in order to keep the whole thing steady. i'll post the script when i have it working.

Introducing Berthat the SSTO made from Hizenberg, opt and Procedural wings, with enough dv and supplies to get to duna (USPIpivMH.jpgUsqPkKi.jpgI LS)

On that subject, is there any chance getting a bottom opening cargo block for the gondola? I mean at some point, i know your mentally busy....

Does anyone have any Ideas on how to keep my Airship from flipping over? I have tried everything that I can think (for the most part) of but whenever I try to make it airborne it first, doesn't stay level because I can rarely ever get the buoyancy right, but then it starts listing to one direction or the other until it flips over 180 degrees and the gondolas end up on top. I cant undo this. I've tried using gyroscopes, rcs, and other means but this keeps happening. Also, one recommendation for a part. What about a rear loading cargo ramp like they for the Mk3 plane parts? 

15 hours ago, Shnyrik said:

I use this simple config (it is also useful to resize airplane hooks, because they are enormously large too):

@PART[ArrestWire]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

@PART[TailHook]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = free
    }
}

What's going on here? Are you changing the part's code? Are you using a mod? Sorry for not quite understanding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.