[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, CapitalistLenin said:

What's going on here? Are you changing the part's code? Are you using a mod? Sorry for not quite understanding.

Welcome to the forums! He's writing code (for a mod called ModuleManager) that will add compatibility between Aircraft Carrier Accessories and a mod called Tweakscale that lets you resize parts in KSP.

5 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Introducing Berthat the SSTO made from Hizenberg, opt and Procedural wings, with enough dv and supplies to get to duna (USOn that subject, is there any chance getting a bottom opening cargo block for the gondola? I mean at some point, i know your mentally busy....

5 hours ago, APieceOfBread154 said:

Does anyone have any Ideas on how to keep my Airship from flipping over? I have tried everything that I can think (for the most part) of but whenever I try to make it airborne it first, doesn't stay level because I can rarely ever get the buoyancy right, but then it starts listing to one direction or the other until it flips over 180 degrees and the gondolas end up on top. I cant undo this. I've tried using gyroscopes, rcs, and other means but this keeps happening. Also, one recommendation for a part. What about a rear loading cargo ramp like they for the Mk3 plane parts? 

I wasn't really planning on a bottom opening cargo bay or a rear cargo ramp. The parts pack has a lot of parts as it is...

9 hours ago, CapitalistLenin said:

What's going on here?

Sorry, have been using TweakScale mod for so long, that thought everybody knows what it is :wink:

This is a config patch for TweakScale. Just add this text to a file called, for example, " KFC_TweakScale.cfg" and then copy it to "GameData\TweakScale\Patches\".

You will also need to install this wonderfull mod, of course:

10 hours ago, APieceOfBread154 said:

Does anyone have any Ideas on how to keep my Airship from flipping over?

Try commenting out "CoMOffset" line in HL-10 parts configs. I didn't manage to determine interference with what mod causes the flipping over problem, but in my case this at least helped.

Edited by Shnyrik

14 hours ago, APieceOfBread154 said:

Does anyone have any Ideas on how to keep my Airship from flipping over? I have tried everything that I can think (for the most part) of but whenever I try to make it airborne it first, doesn't stay level because I can rarely ever get the buoyancy right, but then it starts listing to one direction or the other until it flips over 180 degrees and the gondolas end up on top. I cant undo this. I've tried using gyroscopes, rcs, and other means but this keeps happening. Also, one recommendation for a part. What about a rear loading cargo ramp like they for the Mk3 plane parts? 

your Center of Boyancy (which the editor cannot show) is below your Center of Mass CoB will always try to get above your CoM where if you draw a line from CoB through Com it will hit the surface of the planet at a 90degree angle. (am i making sense?)  or put differently your CoB always has a tendency to want to be radially out from your CoM. when looking at your airship, consider all the parts that provide boyancy and try to see them as one big vokume, then guestimate the center point of that volume. imagine a line coming straight out of the ground going through your CoM,  if that line does not cross the guestimated CoB your ship is unbalanced. If the line crosses your CoB first before the CoM then your airship is balance inverted.  If your CoB is below your CoM and does not cross the line perpendicular to the ground then your airship is unbalanced and inverted. 

Hey, mod looks amazing!

Unfortunately I can't get it to work, it is stuck on initial loading of the game. Tried it several times for 5 or more minutes, but it always stops loading on "WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/PassengerCabSpace/WBI_PassengerGondolaSpace"

Is this a known issue, that you have a fix for?

2 hours ago, NinjaPenguin said:

Hey, mod looks amazing!

Unfortunately I can't get it to work, it is stuck on initial loading of the game. Tried it several times for 5 or more minutes, but it always stops loading on "WildBlueIndustries/Heisenberg/Parts/Gondola/PassengerCabSpace/WBI_PassengerGondolaSpace"

Is this a known issue, that you have a fix for?

I would have to see your logs since I have no issues running KSP with the latest. You need to install everything that comes with the mod.

23 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

I would have to see your logs since I have no issues running KSP with the latest. You need to install everything that comes with the mod.

Well I downloaded the mod from Spacedock. Also HL and Firespitter. The Files were put into GameData (i.e. KSPDirectory\GameData\). The folders copied are CommunityResourcePack & WildBlueIndustries. Additionally ModuleManager 2.7.5 and MMREADME.md + all data from FireSpitter and HL.

Folder Screenshot

The latest ksp.log is only containing data from before the installation. But if you want to make sure: Pastie of KSP.log

If you need anything else let me know. And thanks for the support :cool:

46 minutes ago, NinjaPenguin said:

Well I downloaded the mod from Spacedock. Also HL and Firespitter. The Files were put into GameData (i.e. KSPDirectory\GameData\). The folders copied are CommunityResourcePack & WildBlueIndustries. Additionally ModuleManager 2.7.5 and MMREADME.md + all data from FireSpitter and HL.

Folder Screenshot

The latest ksp.log is only containing data from before the installation. But if you want to make sure: Pastie of KSP.log

If you need anything else let me know. And thanks for the support :cool:

When KSP get stuck loading, can you go into your logs and paste the section of the logs (It'll be at the bottom) where the game gets stuck?

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

When KSP get stuck loading, can you go into your logs and paste the section of the logs (It'll be at the bottom) where the game gets stuck?

Now that's the point. When I started it, it didn't add anything to the logfile. So I tried deleting it, to see if it even creates one. As you can see here, it doesn't. Unless there is another logfile somewhere, that I don't know of.

edit:// It didn't, because it wasn't run with admin privileges. And that was also the reason for it not working and loading the file.

Launching as admin solved it. But thanks for your help. Really appreciate it. Now I can finally try this mod :D

Edited by NinjaPenguin
Update on the situtation

19 hours ago, zebidia kerman said:

I installed the mod and the tab that alows me to ajust the boyancy of the airshpi. how can I fix that?

Say what? You need the Hooligan Labs Airships mod in addition to the Firespitter mod.

Heisenberg 2.1.6 is now available.

- Updated crash tolerances for the Flight Deck System (FDS) parts.
- FDS Type 1 and Type 2 extension parts now have symmetry enabled.
- The GondoLab's Geology Lab can participate in Pathfinder's Gold Strike mini-game.
- The GondoDrill can convert Gold Strike resource lode resources from Ore.

55 minutes ago, Magnymbus said:

Why?

CKAN has a bit of a history of being a support-issue spawner.  The problem is that it's very convenient and looks like it's doing a perfect job - even when it's *not* doing a perfect job and has in fact messed up your mod install.  In which case people come to the mod authors and complain, when it's really a CKAN issue.

It's a good idea, but the implementation is going to be a problem; there's just no good solution really, other than Squad issuing a decree.  KSP-AVC does a bit better of a job at keeping track of what you've got installed and up-to-date, but it depends on you to install mods yourself.  (And it also doesn't have 100% coverage.)

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

CKAN has a bit of a history of being a support-issue spawner.  The problem is that it's very convenient and looks like it's doing a perfect job - even when it's *not* doing a perfect job and has in fact messed up your mod install.  In which case people come to the mod authors and complain, when it's really a CKAN issue.

It's a good idea, but the implementation is going to be a problem; there's just no good solution really, other than Squad issuing a decree.  KSP-AVC does a bit better of a job at keeping track of what you've got installed and up-to-date, but it depends on you to install mods yourself.  (And it also doesn't have 100% coverage.)

Fair enough. I've actually had some issues with CKAN being dumb in the past. But I've always been able to fix them myself. Though I guess that most people aren't as savy as you might expect.

I can't find anyone with the same issue, but with my cargo lift section, only the doors open, and the lift does not go down. I can give a log if necessary for fix, but screenshots are harder on my machine. I'm running the latest version of this mod with HL and firespitter, on KSP 1.2.

My Kerbals decided that a full airship with local support vehicles for the planned exploration run was a bit more complicated then they wanted to deal with, but the autopilot for VTOLs works fairly well: :wink:

screenshot_2017-01-08--23-44-14.png

(Fans from USI, science parts (mostly not shown) from everywhere, but Tarser and DMagic are visible.  Top speed under TCA is about 53 m/s - not a fast flyer, but it'll cross the occasional water, which is the point.  This was on a trip to the old airfield.)

3 hours ago, DStaal said:

My Kerbals decided that a full airship with local support vehicles for the planned exploration run was a bit more complicated then they wanted to deal with, but the autopilot for VTOLs works fairly well: :wink:

(Fans from USI, science parts (mostly not shown) from everywhere, but Tarser and DMagic are visible.  Top speed under TCA is about 53 m/s - not a fast flyer, but it'll cross the occasional water, which is the point.  This was on a trip to the old airfield.)

Looks pretty cool. :) I like the creative use of the lift fans.

1 hour ago, Astrofox said:

So, are you going to include example crafts in the next update?

It would be interesting to learn from those crafts.

I will be happy to include sample craft if people would like to build them. :)

1 hour ago, Shuncle Sham said:

Hello, I have been using this mod and built many airships, but they fail to fly for many different reasons. I was wondering if you could make a tutorial video or guide on how to make your airship fly well and use certain items and objects in the mod.

Honestly, the best thing to do is ask the folks in the Hooligan labs thread. The Heisenberg mod makes use of the Hooligan Labs Airship mod's plugin. It's available separately (see the first post in this thread for the link).

What I've found that works is to use the auto-leveler and altitude control, and take it slow. Don't just raise the altitude 5m per second or so, and slam the throttle to full to fly. You are guaranteed to have a bad day if you do that. If you take it slow and balance out your airship, you can fly designs like this:

1Jtg3FI.png

For airship design, make sure everything is balanced, and that you have a significant amount of mass below the center of buoyancy. The airship hulls are already trying to help you there by lowering the center of mass. The only other thing I can think of is to equip your airship with a couple of the Gyro Ring units. They'll help keep your airship stable.

Beyond that, I don't know what else to tell you. Just think about keeping the mass below the centerline of the airship, use gyro rings, use the altitude control and automatic pitch control from Hooligan Labs, and go slow when raising/lowering the altitude, and take it easy when speeding up or slowing down the airship. Remember, they aren't fighter jets.

12 hours ago, CaptainAl said:

I can't find anyone with the same issue, but with my cargo lift section, only the doors open, and the lift does not go down. I can give a log if necessary for fix, but screenshots are harder on my machine. I'm running the latest version of this mod with HL and firespitter, on KSP 1.2.

I wouldn't begin to know why you're having problem, I am able to use the cargo lift without issues. You might want to re-install everything that comes with the mod, and then post screenshots and logs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.