[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

45 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Angel-125 Which parts in this mod get the air recycler and entertainment centre modules from Snacks? Is it just the GondoHab, or do the lab and other gondola parts get them too?

I don’t recall offhand if I added the air recycler to the hab.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

How large of an airship would it take to carry a 300 ton plane?

EDIT: or if 300 tons is too heavy, 122 tons is the lightest passenger aircraft I have.

Enormous. You might need something like 4 10m airship hulls next to each other.

21 minutes ago, Dark_Derp said:

Question: do you know if KAS/KIS are still compatible even though they've not been updated for a while?

KIS and KAS both work fine with the latest version of KSP. A minor update breaking a mod is a rather rare event.

On 8/5/2019 at 8:24 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

Enormous. You might need something like 4 10m airship hulls next to each other.

In that case I would probably be better off just building a short range passenger plane that I can use to get passengers to and from a carrier airship instead of building a carrier that can support and carry one of my full size passenger aircraft.

I only just found out that I could do this: 

NGqnZIp.png
I was busting my mind for quite a while figuring out some ideas about dropping aircraft from an internal storage out of the bottom via a grabbing system but the internal storage was a bit annoying seeing as the hangar deck didn't allow me to drag the vehicle over to the other hangar deck. this will allow me to do so many things that I've been wanting to do for ages.
I am posting this here to let everyone know that: 1. I'm an idiot for not thinking about this earlier(been trying to get this to work ever since I first heard about this mod) and 2. this will allow a lot of creativity  and different designs.

Hey @Angel-125, when does this stop.

First I downloaded DSEV, then Snacks, then Buffalo. Just this morning while browsing the Buffalo thread, I see mention of something bigger in the Bison which seems to be part of Heisenburg. Naturally I had to get this as well. 

My potato laptop is now straining and bulging at 11k mm patches. 

The airship parts look amazing. I can't yet fit it into my space program but I am working on getting comfortable with them on my testing install before promoting them to my career. 

However, the large Bison parts have got me so hooked and I kinda want to promote them early. Possibly someone has asked this before during this thread but I didn't see it while browsing.

Is there a way to cleanly cull the mod folder for my career so I only have the bison rover parts? I assume this would include the gondola parts as well as they seem to be the same size and cross section format.

I have got all dependencies and have verified everything to be working (at least in the editor with no weird messages in the console) 

Thanks for any help you can give. Love your mods, the designs are just soooooo good

45 minutes ago, Sandstorm said:

Hey @Angel-125, when does this stop.

First I downloaded DSEV, then Snacks, then Buffalo. Just this morning while browsing the Buffalo thread, I see mention of something bigger in the Bison which seems to be part of Heisenburg. Naturally I had to get this as well. 

My potato laptop is now straining and bulging at 11k mm patches. 

The airship parts look amazing. I can't yet fit it into my space program but I am working on getting comfortable with them on my testing install before promoting them to my career. 

However, the large Bison parts have got me so hooked and I kinda want to promote them early. Possibly someone has asked this before during this thread but I didn't see it while browsing.

Is there a way to cleanly cull the mod folder for my career so I only have the bison rover parts? I assume this would include the gondola parts as well as they seem to be the same size and cross section format.

I have got all dependencies and have verified everything to be working (at least in the editor with no weird messages in the console) 

Thanks for any help you can give. Love your mods, the designs are just soooooo good

Thanks! :) For the Bison parts, just keep the Gondola folder and the plugins of course..

17 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

You need Hooligan Labs Airships to make Heisenberg’s parts functional. It says it’s for 1.3, but still works in the latest version :)

Ah was actually thinking that might be the case but thought I better ask just to be safe, thank you my friend

Edited by Biker Joe

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

Trying to import the TweakScale patch to enable scale up the airship body ,  For making even larger airships (And it's possible to making Super-dreadnought classes airborne battleships)

Random toughs about this magnificent idea! :) 

Blimps with heavy tops are terribly unstable. I would put the heavy guns on the bottom (as they would be usually firing into something on the ground/sea), and reserve the top for air-air light artillery for defence

There's a old game name Crimson's Skies. I think you would want to play it a bit in order to get some ideas about your project - this, my friend, can be epic!!!! :) 

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Random toughs about this magnificent idea! :) 

Blimps with heavy tops are terribly unstable. I would put the heavy guns on the bottom (as they would be usually firing into something on the ground/sea), and reserve the top for air-air light artillery for defence

There's a old game name Crimson's Skies. I think you would want to play it a bit in order to get some ideas about your project - this, my friend, can be epic!!!! :) 

the game is ancient but I can also HIGHLY  recommend crimson skies. Normal paid versions don't work due to the age so I recommend finding another way.(a decent amount of websites modify old games to work with modern hardware and software. Last time I looked for it, I found it within 15 minutes)

I had a zeppelin inspired by the Pandora a while ago. I think it was pre KSP 1.6. I made the system that lowers the aircraft by adding structural beams in between Infernal Robotics Hinges. (the large square beams, not the I shaped ones).

it was wonky as can be due to aerodynamics still affecting the aircraft while in the hangar so I just bounced up and down like a dolphin when flying to the point where it started sticking out of the bottom.

I"ll have a dig through my installs and see if I can find it somewhere and update the design then post pictures.

6 hours ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

Trying to import the TweakScale patch to enable scale up the airship body ,  For making even larger airships (And it's possible to making Super-dreadnought classes airborne battleships)
BucXPh6.png

9QPnAdZ.png

3cy0f8Z.png

Just checked my installs. I created it in version 1.3.1. Don't have the time to fix it up because loading is taking too long but I'll give you the .craft file.

If I remember correctly, it requires the legacy parts of infernal robotics, heisenberg airships, Tweakscale and Firespitter.

Possibly other things but I'm not sure(worst case scenario, the plane inside it won't function.)

Pandora.craft

14 hours ago, Lisias said:

Yeah, I played this game when I was 7th grade,  It's my first flying simulation game

Besides, My first KSP aeroplane was based on the Warhawk from that game....
5ExwM5F.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

5 hours ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

Yeah, I played this game when I was 7th grade,  It's my first flying simulation game

Besides, My first KSP aeroplane was based on the Warhawk from that game....
5ExwM5F.png

The first aircraft I designed based on Crimson Skies was the Devastator(that tri-plane thing with the engine on it's ass)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.