[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

As mentioned the elevator is an animation so it won’t move parts attached to it.

Hard to believe that I released the Heisenberg almost three years ago! I’ve learned a lot since then. Were I to do things differently, I’d add more airship hull parts to make different designs with, and redo the Bison parts. Unfortunately time is extremely limited these days.

Anyway, KSP 1.8 is on its way, and that means many plugins will break. In the event that Hooligan Labs breaks and isn’t updated (it is ARR so I can’t update it), I do have a backup plan in the works.

18 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

As mentioned the elevator is an animation so it won’t move parts attached to it.

Hard to believe that I released the Heisenberg almost three years ago! I’ve learned a lot since then. Were I to do things differently, I’d add more airship hull parts to make different designs with, and redo the Bison parts. Unfortunately time is extremely limited these days.

Anyway, KSP 1.8 is on its way, and that means many plugins will break. In the event that Hooligan Labs breaks and isn’t updated (it is ARR so I can’t update it), I do have a backup plan in the works.

I'm just happy that somebody took the time and effort to make this mod. Even with the current parts you can get VERY creative. If worst comes to worse, I'd be very intrigued by what you have as a backup.

I can't believe how the mod airship fundamentally still works after all these years. Though maybe @JewelShisen has rewritten it entirely by this point. :D

It's brilliant, the way that KSP has structured mods so they can share code. It's not exactly easy to test, but it can be very robust. I hope this spirit lives on in KSP2.

11 minutes ago, Dark_Derp said:

I'm just happy that somebody took the time and effort to make this mod. Even with the current parts you can get VERY creative. If worst comes to worse, I'd be very intrigued by what you have as a backup.

I pinged JewelShien, who is maintaining Hooligan Labs. Hopefully I won’t need the backup.

1 minute ago, Hooligan Labs said:

I can't believe how the mod airship fundamentally still works after all these years. Though maybe @JewelShisen has rewritten it entirely by this point. :D

It's brilliant, the way that KSP has structured mods so they can share code. It's not exactly easy to test, but it can be very robust. I hope this spirit lives on in KSP2.

Me too! Without Hooligan Labs, the Heisenberg would literally not fly.

2 hours ago, Hooligan Labs said:

They did mention Modding Support to be a very high priority in the development of KSP 2. I have seen several interviews/recaps from interviews and it all looks very very promising BUT we must always keep in mind that we can only really judge the quality of a game when it has been released.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:55 PM, Lisias said:

Random toughs about this magnificent idea! :) 

Blimps with heavy tops are terribly unstable. I would put the heavy guns on the bottom (as they would be usually firing into something on the ground/sea), and reserve the top for air-air light artillery for defence

There's a old game name Crimson's Skies. I think you would want to play it a bit in order to get some ideas about your project - this, my friend, can be epic!!!! :) 

@Violet_Wyvern, @Dark_Derp, forget Crimson`s Skies. I just watched The Princess and the Pilot (really love Steam Punk animes!), and,, dudes, this are something worth to see flying on KSP. :)

PATPM95.jpg

The Shinden aircraft is also very nive!

https://impdb.fandom.com/wiki/The_Princess_and_the_Pilot?file=2018-08-23_23h43_14.jpg

8 minutes ago, Lisias said:

@Violet_Wyvern, @Dark_Derp, forget Crimson`s Skies. I just watched The Princess and the Pilot (really love Steam Punk animes!), and,, dudes, this are something worth to see flying on KSP. :)

PATPM95.jpg

The Shinden aircraft is also very nive!

https://impdb.fandom.com/wiki/The_Princess_and_the_Pilot?file=2018-08-23_23h43_14.jpg

It's a shame that I suck at creating airships. this thing looks definitely like something that can be KSP'ed

Edited by Dark_Derp

34 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Angel-125

Turns out, mooring airships the traditional way is possible!

All you need is a telescopic joint from KAS, a decently tall mast, and an engineer willing to stand on top of said mast :D

That’s a nice way to moor the airship! It would be neat to see a dedicated mooring mast, but I don’t know how you’d bolt such a thing to the ground.. In the absence of KIS, it could have a small docking port as well.

To engineer: You had ONE job!... ;)

Edited by Angel-125

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

That’s a nice way to moor the airship! It would be neat to see a dedicated mooring mast, but I don’t know how you’d bolt such a thing to the ground.. In the absence of KIS, it could have a small docking port as well.

For testing purposes, my mooring mast was nailed to the ground with launch clamps, but the concrete base in KIS could feasibly be used for the same purpose, since it's possible to attach that to the ground also. 

On 9/24/2019 at 7:16 AM, Dark_Derp said:

PATPM95.jpg

@Dark_Derp@Lisias
It's a shame that I suck at creating airships. this thing looks definitely like something that can be KSP'ed

For the sandbox game that has such high DOF like KSP....  There's no words called "Impossible".....
jH87aqz.png

So...   Yeah!  The El Basstell class was finished,   It's huge, terrifying, and fully loaded,  Possibly the enemy's worst nightmare....

NSaXsyr.png

02qfm4o.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

@Angel-125 I've been encountering a couple of problems with the AirPark function in my attempts to moor airships, and I wondered if you could suggest any solutions for them?

1. The airship will teleport down to the ground, often causing it to explode, if you fly another craft within 200m of it. This is partially solvable with F5/F9, but even then it will sort of flicker between being in the air and on the ground.

2. If the airship is airparked and attached to my mooring mast with a KAS telescopic joint on the runway, loading another craft within physics range (eg. the launchpad) will often cause it to explode.

I've only been able to do limited testing on these (I can test it further and provide logs tomorrow if you need it), and I know from reading this thread that AirPark can be a bit janky, but I wanted to bring these to your attention :)

On 9/24/2019 at 1:45 AM, Hooligan Labs said:

Agreed   This mod with Heisenberg are all in my first choice,    Using these together with other like Large Boat Packs and Tweakscale,    Those "Japanese Anime-ish flying fortress" are now possible to make....

4yjFaF3.png

2sUapwX.png

NSaXsyr.png

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

On 9/26/2019 at 9:25 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

@Angel-125 I've been encountering a couple of problems with the AirPark function in my attempts to moor airships, and I wondered if you could suggest any solutions for them?

1. The airship will teleport down to the ground, often causing it to explode, if you fly another craft within 200m of it. This is partially solvable with F5/F9, but even then it will sort of flicker between being in the air and on the ground.

2. If the airship is airparked and attached to my mooring mast with a KAS telescopic joint on the runway, loading another craft within physics range (eg. the launchpad) will often cause it to explode.

I've only been able to do limited testing on these (I can test it further and provide logs tomorrow if you need it), and I know from reading this thread that AirPark can be a bit janky, but I wanted to bring these to your attention :)

AirPark has always been problematic. I find, for instance, that parking over water will result in explosions when you reload the vessel. Over land I had to set the parking brake, F5, then F9 to get it set up properly. I don’t recall if there were issues with other vessels in the 200m range once I did that.

@Violet_Wyvern love the airship!

• 3 weeks later...

Very, very interesting! I would like to explore whole Kerbin in an airship before going to space! Thank you for your mod!

Just a question: For your mod is needed the whole Hooligan Labs Airships mod or just the plugin?, Thank you in advance!.

50 minutes ago, marioq70 said:

Very, very interesting! I would like to explore whole Kerbin in an airship before going to space! Thank you for your mod!

Just a question: For your mod is needed the whole Hooligan Labs Airships mod or just the plugin?, Thank you in advance!.

Just the plugin, which indeed still works in KSP 1.8.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy this mod i reinstalled recently i have been having problems with this mod the propeller blades wont spin and the i cant use parts of the zeppelin the lights wont turn on hanger doors open automatically before i put them on the ship and  i cant turn off certain features variance of parts wont work Ive tried to delete and reinstalling the mood but that doesn't work this all started with the buffalo (MSEV) i have no idea what i did wrong but the just wont work for me even uninstalling ksp didn't even work so i have no idea whats wrong with the mod.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Rover 6428 said:

So... no dependencies?

If you actually want to fly the airship, you do need the Hooligan Labs mod. Don't worry, it still works in 1.8.1.

1 hour ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

How come it doesn't work for me in 1.8? I mean every other mod I needed worked but there isn't even the tab for this mod, neither the rest of the mod, I mean I needed t0 make my airship from hooligan labs parts.

Make sure you installed it correctly. While Hooligan Labs goes directly in GameData, everything that comes in the zip needs to be nested in the WildBlueIndustries folder.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.