[Minimum KSP: 1.12.2] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack

Angelo Kerman

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 9:14 AM, Violet_Wyvern said:

Any chance to get the downside opening hatches?  (Same as Hagoromo Maru from the anime The Magnificent Kotobuki)

20.png

It will be very challenge to (launching / landing) your planes since it's weird position,  But the advantage is you can (launching / landing) your planes diractly (from / to) your airship's hanger...

@Angel-125

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:47 AM, BGYT said:

I was thinking of this too. That would look awesome if there was a larger airship size. I don't want to try and fly a single seat little fighter into the mouth of that thing. @Angel-125 I also came back here because I am in love with your elevator part and wondered if we could get more sizes or versions. I also wanted to see if you could make those elevators procedural so I can make one for any other inverted or ventral cargo bay part.

21 minutes ago, timbrwolf1121 said:

I was thinking of this too. That would look awesome if there was a larger airship size. I don't want to try and fly a single seat little fighter into the mouth of that thing. @Angel-125 I also came back here because I am in love with your elevator part and wondered if we could get more sizes or versions. I also wanted to see if you could make those elevators procedural so I can make one for any other inverted or ventral cargo bay part.

That elevator was a royal PITA to make, actually. It is highly specialized and unfortunately not something that can be made procedural. What I've seen people do is string elevators together though.

At this point the mod is feature complete; I don't have plans to add additional parts.

• 1 month later...

Hey thanks for this mod, I have been building blimps for a few years now! I just got back in the game and starting building a blimp in 1.11 and so far everything is going pretty good. I'm getting flashing textures and problems with lights. The small elevator that goes down to the ground doesn't have a visible cable anymore. Not sure how to get the greenhouse gondola to work with TAC.  

Again great mod, I'll post some pics of my SSTEve later when I get it working. Seems Tweakscaling an inflatable heat shield is not as OP as it used to be. I'm having problems with the nose cone overheating despite being behind 2 heat shields. I also assume I won't be able to ever leave Eve in this thing but I'm gonna try. I'm using FAR so I assume that still means its harder. 

10 minutes ago, SpaceFoon said:

The small elevator that goes down to the ground doesn't have a visible cable anymore.

That is a derivative function of KAS, right? If so, KIS and KAS are marker "uncompatible" until they can be brought into harmony with 1.11 (if it is possible at all). Or so I read over KIS's thread.

5 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

That is a derivative function of KAS, right? If so, KIS and KAS are marker "uncompatible" until they can be brought into harmony with 1.11 (if it is possible at all). Or so I read over KIS's thread.

Oh is that why? I have no idea haven't play since like 1.3  but it seems you are right. Does that mean other things will be broken in this mod?

6 hours ago, SpaceFoon said:

Oh is that why? I have no idea haven't play since like 1.3  but it seems you are right. Does that mean other things will be broken in this mod?

I don't think so. I am just guessing here and it would be best to hear from @Angel-125, but it is becoming clear as I browse through this forum that the new stock system of inventory/attachment does not dialogue well with mods that do the same thing (kis/kas mostly) so until the creator/current manager of said mods (here in kis/kas' case that would be @IgorZ) has time to bring things up to date, issues are to be expected with any mod that has a part with inventory, winches, cables etc deriving from kis/kas.

I would imagine though that only the part borrowing that functionality, in this case the hangar with a crane, should be affected. It is not a general mod-breaker.

What I did was to uninstall kis/kas (and "dangit", for the same reasons) and keep playing as usual, until our heroes come to the rescue as they always do and release updated versions.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:53 PM, Daniel Prates said:

KIS and KAS are marker "uncompatible"

KIS works fine. Only KAS is marked as such. However, the problems I found there were all related to attaching KAS parts via the stock inventory system. When used in an old way via KIS or preassembled in VAB, everything was working fine.

I'm not familiar to the parts discussed in this thread, but I can take a look at the logs.

• 3 months later...

Today I successfully parked one of my airship carriers in the airship hangar from Kerbinside Remastered. For reference, the maximum length you can fit in there is about 90m.

qLqTxil.png

DM6hJwq.jpg

35kxxmZ.png

AS-04 is 85m long. 90m would be completely clear of both door areas. Not sure when it would exceed the safe area, or if clipping would destroy the airship. (Didn't want to find out yet) If it's safe all the way to the actual doors, then you might get 110-120m airships in there, but it would be really tight.

@Angel-125 There may be an issue with the Heisenberg IVA under 1.11.2 - I am going to verify in a stripped down install. RasterPropMonitor works fine with ALCOR and others, but in Heisenberg the HUD is opaque and HUD and MFDs are blank / dead. This is a heads-up, I need to verify on an install with just JSI and Heisenberg - my current install (new computer) has 136 mods so if it persists on the bare bones version I'll get you a screenshot, logs, etc.

EDIT - Looks like a mod conflict, it's not present in the bare bones install. If I can isolate it, I'll follow up with the conflicting mod maker. Given that it's specific visual elements and how they display, I'm going to guess Parallax or one of the other visual mods is the culprit. Probably ReShade. In any case, not a Heisenberg issue, so you can ignore it.

Edited by panarchist
added details

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Jhorriga said:

what mods do I need to open the craft files?

Any text editor will do a job. If you are using windows, I recommend notepad++. It is free and powerfull tool. When you open craft file with text editor it looks something like this:

ship = #autoLOC_501174 //#autoLOC_501174 = Aeris 3A
version = 1.2.0
description = #autoLOC_501175 //#autoLOC_501175 = The Aeris 3A is a small and nimble one-seater plane, mostly used as a training craft for fixed-wing flight, and to annoy ground staff by 'buzzing' the space center facilities. ¨¨
type = SPH
size = 8.54607391,3.10917664,8.48044586
PART
{
	part = Mark1Cockpit_4294820102
	partName = Part
	pos = 0.206589505,10.3309603,3.15244007
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = 0.206589505,10.3309603,3.15244007
	rot = -0.707106829,0,0,-0.707106829
	attRot = 0,0,0,-0.999999881
	attRot0 = 0.707106829,0,0,0.707106829
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Mirror
	autostrutMode = Off
// ... snip

You need proper mods installed if you have anything other than stock parts on that craft file. And, of course some knowledge about each module in file, part names, etc.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:05 PM, panarchist said:

@Angel-125 There may be an issue with the Heisenberg IVA under 1.11.2 - I am going to verify in a stripped down install. RasterPropMonitor works fine with ALCOR and others, but in Heisenberg the HUD is opaque and HUD and MFDs are blank / dead. This is a heads-up, I need to verify on an install with just JSI and Heisenberg - my current install (new computer) has 136 mods so if it persists on the bare bones version I'll get you a screenshot, logs, etc.

EDIT - Looks like a mod conflict, it's not present in the bare bones install. If I can isolate it, I'll follow up with the conflicting mod maker. Given that it's specific visual elements and how they display, I'm going to guess Parallax or one of the other visual mods is the culprit. Probably ReShade. In any case, not a Heisenberg issue, so you can ignore it.

Following up on this - it turns out it was due to the latest version of MAS. MOARdv has replaced all JSI props with the MAS versions in versions 1.2.2 and later, and that breaks Heisenberg. Fortunately, deleting or renaming the JsiToMasUpgrade.cfg file corrects the issue. Per the Github release notes:

ATTENTION PLAYERS: MAS includes a Module Manager patch that replaces all of the stock RPM props with MAS-enabled props. If, for some reason, you do not want your RPM IVAs upgraded, you will need to rename GameData/MOARdV/Patches/JsiToMasUpgrade.cfg

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, obnox twin said:

I'm having some problems with this mod. The parts don't show up only the hoolgin ones can I have some help please.

Heisenberg parts show in their own parts category in the editor.  Are you seeing the button for that? Also, a screenshot of your GameData directory would be helpful, to see if there are any obvious installation issues.

9 hours ago, panarchist said:

Heisenberg parts show in their own parts category in the editor.  Are you seeing the button for that? Also, a screenshot of your GameData directory would be helpful, to see if there are any obvious installation issues.

I am not see the button . Here are some pics of my gamedata folder. Link to drive containing the pictures of my Game Data folder.  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pyhNPy0MM-CzNxmE8-XHpYU0jSNSNssm?usp=sharing

7 hours ago, obnox twin said:

I am not see the button . Here are some pics of my gamedata folder. Link to drive containing the pictures of my Game Data folder.  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pyhNPy0MM-CzNxmE8-XHpYU0jSNSNssm?usp=sharing

It's mis-installed. WildBlueIndustries should be the folder in GameData, and all of the WBI subfolders (WildBlueTools, Heisenberg, KerbalActuators, the BARIS bridge, and others) should be in the WildBlueIndustries folder, not in GameData. Best bet is to reopen the zip files for Heisenberg and any other WBI mods, identify the folders that you copied into GameData, delete them, and then reinstall them from the zip file by dragging / unzipping WildBlueIndustries into GameData so that the files are properly nested. It definitely will not work the way it's currently installed.

9 hours ago, panarchist said:

It's mis-installed. WildBlueIndustries should be the folder in GameData, and all of the WBI subfolders (WildBlueTools, Heisenberg, KerbalActuators, the BARIS bridge, and others) should be in the WildBlueIndustries folder, not in GameData. Best bet is to reopen the zip files for Heisenberg and any other WBI mods, identify the folders that you copied into GameData, delete them, and then reinstall them from the zip file by dragging / unzipping WildBlueIndustries into GameData so that the files are properly nested. It definitely will not work the way it's currently installed.

Thank you I have the part list now. Thanks for help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.