Jump to content

[Minimum KSP: 1.8.1] Heisenberg - Airships Part Pack


Recommended Posts

Hey I'm still having issues when I install it because i installed everything but nothing is showing up and ther is no new tab for the parts and also the hooligan labs pars are not showing so I need help plz

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Deizelpunk said:

NOTE TO SELF: Never leave an air parked vessel alone, actually, never leave an airship alone! Any time i try to launch a plane to land on my airship the airship explodes! Same with when i try to "fly" it from the tracking station. :(

I'm afraid, you've met some mod incompatibility. The current version of AirPark has some minor problems, but what you describe is absolutely not normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shnyrik said:

I'm afraid, you've met some mod incompatibility. The current version of AirPark has some minor problems, but what you describe is absolutely not normal.

Im gonna do more testing, see if i can figure out why its exploding.

Wait, would auto strut and rigid attachment be causing the problems? I just though of that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2017 at 9:36 AM, vardicd said:

My first airship arrives at the crashed arctic vessel after it's almost 4 hour flight. Loving this mod

 -snip-

Nice one! That's inspiring me to create a science-hunting airships roaming Kerbin skies... Muaahaahahahaa... Ahem, wait, 4 hour flight? Are you using some kind of autopilot or mod for that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Dr.Wolfram said:

Nice one! That's inspiring me to create a science-hunting airships roaming Kerbin skies... Muaahaahahahaa... Ahem, wait, 4 hour flight? Are you using some kind of autopilot or mod for that?

Mech Jeb to hold my heading, and Kerbal alarm clock to pause the game at certain times. that way I can set the ships heading, and speed and go take a nap, or watch a show, or what ever, and when I get back, KAC will have paused the game after a set time, and I can do what ever I need.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vardicd said:

Mech Jeb to hold my heading, and Kerbal alarm clock to pause the game at certain times. that way I can set the ships heading, and speed and go take a nap, or watch a show, or what ever, and when I get back, KAC will have paused the game after a set time, and I can do what ever I need.

Ooh thanks for pro-tip. I just used MechJeb to know delta-V and to execute for me those long interplanetary burns while preparing coffee:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dr.Wolfram said:

Ooh thanks for pro-tip. I just used MechJeb to know delta-V and to execute for me those long interplanetary burns while preparing coffee:D

No problem. Don't know how many times I've watch youtubers play or read some comment on the forums, and had that, Why did I never think of using this mod/part/item this way before moment. :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, APieceOfBread154 said:

So Ive redesigned some of my airships and I still have the problem of them flipping over. Does this mod or Hooligans have any incompatibilities or a way to somehow balance the ship automatically?

 

This is just a parts pack. Hooligan Labs does all the heavy lifting. I can make and fly aircraft carriers without them flipping over just fine. One thing I've found is that you have to be patient with airships. You can't set the lift to full and jam the throttles full forward and expect the airship to fly straight. Also, check your center of mass; in the OP, the Akron has counter-mass tanks to offset the mass of the coning tower. Gyro rings also help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm doing some testing on a new side elevator with a stock Aeris 3A after a discussion with @JewelShisen a few days ago. The elevator definitely works, but the 10m hangar deck isn't quite wide enough for the stock plane. I can definitely finagle the aircraft into the hangar but it soon gets stuck:

b1M3UHw.png

With some wrangling, I can move the Aeris 3A back to the side elevator:

4KHXSuB.png

Folding up the elevator:

590bG6j.png

Elevator stowed:

sN6N3TJ.png

Now you can see why Navy airplanes have folding wings, something that I'm sure is tricky to do in KSP and still have control surfaces. You'd have to have integrated control surfaces and an animation to fold the wing. I could see a whole parts pack *cough* @blackheart612 *cough* revolving around a set of folding wings. I might take a crack at one or two wings as proof of concept.

Without such a parts pack, to properly stow the stock Aeris, I'd have to create a new modular flight deck part set with new sides, floors, and modular animated elevator parts. Another option is to make a slab-sided flight deck part. That might barely have enough room for the Aeris 3A.

Edited by Angel-125
Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Here is an experimental wide flight deck:

scADfeY.png

Lowering the elevator:

IAyI4KF.png

Barely fits inside with the slab-sided wide flight deck:

j31BUqn.png

Looks like the side elevator will need to have a mesh switcher to go between standard and wide formats, and I'll need to add a similar ability to the Flight Deck and Hangar Fairing. If I can make a mesh-switch option for the aircraft elevator, all the better. :)

Edited by Angel-125
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2017 at 4:35 AM, APieceOfBread154 said:

So Ive redesigned some of my airships and I still have the problem of them flipping over. Does this mod or Hooligans have any incompatibilities or a way to somehow balance the ship automatically?

 

Hoolingan's plugin will aid you to stabilise the ship, but cannot save frop flipping.

So here some good tips i learned  being airship pirate  ... ehm to avoid flipping:

  1. Add moar Gyro-rings
  2. Just add a loaded/semiloaded tank (or tanks in radial symmetry) below the ship along with some heavy gondola to drop that CoM...
  3. ...Or what i wanna try is building fight deck with gondola under the Led Zerpellin hanged by struts, something like on my desktop wallpaper
  4. Add moar powerfull gyroscope, Roverdude's Starlifter mod(if i remember well, but it's in one of his mods) has good and ultra powerfull gyros(but also power-hungry)
  5. Allign Center of Thrust of those lateral propellers with CoM of your ship, missallighning them will pitch the nose of your ship(having moar stable ship always helps)
  6. Talking about lateral propellers, i always added winglets to them (they're like additional unlimited Rcs but only when you're moving)
  7. Add moar Gyro-rings

Aaand as Angel said you have to be patient with airships, those things are realy huge and heavy (means lots of inertia to steer or stop them)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Angel-125 Side elevator is wonderful! Waiting for the next release :)

BTW, what font did you use for Akron's number?

 

20 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Now you can see why Navy airplanes have folding wings, something that I'm sure is tricky to do in KSP and still have control surfaces. You'd have to have integrated control surfaces and an animation to fold the wing. I could see a whole parts pack *cough* @blackheart612 *cough* revolving around a set of folding wings. I might take a crack at one or two wings as proof of concept.

Another possible decision is to use hinge from InfernalRobotics :wink:

fhmktpvr.png

1iYQfsB.png

Edited by Shnyrik
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @Angel-125 ! It's been a while.

I hope you have time to enjoy KSP yourself :3

I've been tinkering with the Heiseberg parts to make a sci-fi looking ship. And I almost succeeded, but discovered an urgent need for a single row of windows in the same style as your Gondola parts.

I made a Windowed Walkway part from your models. It has two toggleable caps, but as I found out your WBIMeshToggle module doesn't support two mesh switches at a time... I hope you will find a way around. I didn't do the internal, you're more proficient in this than I am.

Rvd734h.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6sf5exs98icr09/WBI_WindowedWalkway.zip?dl=0

Edited by Enceos
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, BagleNagle said:

I have bd armor, spitfire , and mecjeb also installed can some one please help 

All those mods work well with Heisenberg. But you didn't mention HooliganLabs in the list. HooliganLabs is absolutely necessary for Heisenberg to work properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Enceos said:

Hey @Angel-125 ! It's been a while.

I hope you have time to enjoy KSP yourself :3

I've been tinkering with the Heiseberg parts to make a sci-fi looking ship. And I almost succeeded, but discovered an urgent need for a single row of windows in the same style as your Gondola parts.

I made a Windowed Walkway part from your models. It has two toggleable caps, but as I found out your WBIMeshToggle module doesn't support two mesh switches at a time... I hope you will find a way around. I didn't do the internal, you're more proficient in this than I am.

 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6sf5exs98icr09/WBI_WindowedWalkway.zip?dl=0

Looks cool! :) For the mesh switch, I'll have to look at that. It should support multiple switchers in the same part; the objects section tells the switcher what objects it can hide or show. If it's ok to distribute the walkway, what license do you use? All my stuff is ARR to avoid hostile forks, but the Cyclone is CC-BY-NS-SA.

3 hours ago, Shnyrik said:

Thank you! :wink:

No problem. :) The Aurora is looking great. :) I did notice the gap between the hangar sections and your flight deck. Not sure if you're aware, but you can attach the flight deck fairing to the flight deck, and then stick an extension onto the fairing. You can see an example on the Akron:

1Jtg3FI.png

Really cool to see how you have multiple planes with folding wings, and the underside radome is a nice touch too. It also looks like the mod could use a "hurricane bow" based on your picture... :)

Hornet%20bow%20on.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...