[1.8.x] T.R.A.I.L.S. Plus - Gemini-alike 2 Kerbal Parts Pack (19 Nov 2019) (1.8.1.6)

tg626

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, will there be plans for various parts (or new parts) to be CLS compatible (or at least passable for Kerbals)? It would make it possible to have more interesting ways of setting up spacecraft or spacestations. And it'll make all the example designs on the first page (and the wiki) that much more practical in game.

On 4/2/2017 at 0:14 AM, T-10a said:

Just wondering, will there be plans for various parts (or new parts) to be CLS compatible (or at least passable for Kerbals)? It would make it possible to have more interesting ways of setting up spacecraft or spacestations. And it'll make all the example designs on the first page (and the wiki) that much more practical in game.

No.  But I would be more then happy to accept submission of any compatibility patches from the community.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:14 AM, T-10a said:

BDB already has CLS support, and has many of the same parts. You could easily just edit the MM patch to make it work for TRAILS instead.

6 hours ago, Spike88 said:

If I have BDB installed, what's the difference between this and BDB?

Textures mostly. I think @tg626 has some parts I don't like the Big G escape tower.

11 hours ago, hugovankeulen said:

Hi, i tried to install this awesome mod but it didn't work after i put it in the gamedata folder. Can anyone help me???

Can you post a screenshot of it in your gamedata?

Edited by CobaltWolf

3 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Textures mostly. I think @tg626 has some parts I don't like the Big G escape tower.

And if I have them both does one override the other or will I end up with two copies of the shared parts?

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

I believe two copies of the same parts.

Correct.  I use my own names for the parts (the internal names at least) and so you should see 2 "Gemini like" capsules etc.
I believe my set has unique decouplers, adaptors, the Big G-LES, and 1205 SRMs with greater gimbal range.

12 hours ago, hugovankeulen said:

Hi, i tried to install this awesome mod but it didn't work after i put it in the gamedata folder. Can anyone help me???

This is going to sound rude, but you goofed up something.

We need a screenshot of your GameData directory to really help more.  And I mean screenshot, not a reply with I put it in GameData, we need to see it.

This might be a stupid question, but what parts have you used for the Big G-like spacecraft's service module? I can't seem to find any modded or stock part that resembles the neat looking service modules you have on the front page or the image above.

EDIT: nvm, just use 2 structural fuselages, a radial attachment port on the fuselage, shove all the monoprop/stuff you need radially on the fuselage and top that off with a docking port, and finally add and then move/rotate the Kerbodyne adapter around until you get the result on the first page.

Edited by T-10a

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

It's been brought to my attention (I still Kerbal, but not at all like I used to) that some parts in T.R.A.I.L.S. are not working in the latest version of KSP (1.8.x)

I'll be looking into this in the next few days.

At a glance, it appears they've moves some things around, for no discernible reason, so I need to update the configs.

On 11/17/2019 at 11:59 PM, tg626 said:

It's been brought to my attention (I still Kerbal, but not at all like I used to) that some parts in T.R.A.I.L.S. are not working in the latest version of KSP (1.8.x)

I'll be looking into this in the next few days.

At a glance, it appears they've moves some things around, for no discernible reason, so I need to update the configs.

New 1.8.x compatible version is now available.

See Original Post for Links and Details.

> > > BUG REPORTS GO HERE!!! < < <

(I cannae fix what I dinnae know aboot)

Edited by tg626

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.