Engineer report & mission list text invisible in VAB & SPH

Windows, 1.2.0.1586, 32 bit, some mods (Kis, Kas, ScanSat, TweakScale and such, also Engineer v1.1.2 https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer  )

At the space centre, I can see the missions all right. But when going into VAB and SPH, the text is only visible sometimes. When you hover over it, it typically is visible part of a second, then dissapears. Clicking on the icon, right clicking on the icon, or moving it slowly off, then on again, will perhaps show it again for a part of second, or, if I am lucky, it suddenly remains visible, mostly to dissapear again when I move my mouse, but sometimes the text stays visible 'normally'. It takes about ten, twenty seconds to try to get the text to remain visible. NOT funny when building a ship. AT ALL.

This also happens with the engineer report. Driving me crazy.

problem3.png

Edited by BasKing
wrong version nr

11 hours ago, BasKing said:

The (mostly) invisible texts in mission-list and engineer-report is not even mentioned in that thread once.

This is a totally different bug. I have no problem with the parts-list at all.

They are. May be in the linked unmodded installs thread. But they are definitely the same problem.
Read through this thread and you will find the issue you are talking about.

On 10/25/2016 at 10:31 AM, BasKing said:

Windows, 1.2.0.1586, 32 bit, some mods (Kis, Kas, ScanSat, TweakScale and such, also Engineer v1.1.2 https://github.com/CYBUTEK/KerbalEngineer  )

At the space centre, I can see the missions all right. But when going into VAB and SPH, the text is only visible sometimes. When you hover over it, it typically is visible part of a second, then dissapears. Clicking on the icon, right clicking on the icon, or moving it slowly off, then on again, will perhaps show it again for a part of second, or, if I am lucky, it suddenly remains visible, mostly to dissapear again when I move my mouse, but sometimes the text stays visible 'normally'. It takes about ten, twenty seconds to try to get the text to remain visible. NOT funny when building a ship. AT ALL.

This also happens with the engineer report. Driving me crazy.

I have the same PROBLEM, windows 10, x64, God, it is so annoying! could it be because of my screen resolution 2560x1440 ? I have a lot of mods, but, if I'm remembering right, this problem occurred also when I've played vanilla (only a bit, I only like vanilla in ice cream).

Not that it helps, but I also have the same problem in the VAB/SPH... drives me nuts.  I'm running the latest 1.2 Windows version in 64 bit.  Screen resolution, full screen, windowed, stock or modded doesn't seem to matter best I can tell.

EDIT:  Decided to spend a few minutes removing somre recently installed mods to see if it helped, and it actually fixed it.  So, not sure which one of these did it, but removing Mk2Expansion, which also removed CommunityResourcePack and InterstellarFuelSwitch fixed the problem.  I now get the reports and mission list as expected, shows up fine in VAB and SPH.

Edited by be77solo
Added info

36 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Not that it helps, but I also have the same problem in the VAB/SPH... drives me nuts.  I'm running the latest 1.2 Windows version in 64 bit.  Screen resolution, full screen, windowed, stock or modded doesn't seem to matter best I can tell.

EDIT:  Decided to spend a few minutes removing somre recently installed mods to see if it helped, and it actually fixed it.  So, not sure which one of these did it, but removing Mk2Expansion, which also removed CommunityResourcePack and InterstellarFuelSwitch fixed the problem.  I now get the reports and mission list as expected, shows up fine in VAB and SPH.

The problem is related to how many mods you have installed (that have parts). Large part counts cause this issue. So it's not any particular mod.
http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/13023

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.