[Minimum KSP version 1.11] KSPDev: LogConsole (v2.1) | Utils (v2.7) | ReleaseTools (v1.2) | LocalizationTool (v1.9)

IgorZ

In the following KSPDev Utils version there will be a support for the runtime part debugging. Exposing a module field to the interface will be as easy as adding an attribute. Here is how it works for KAS.

• 3 weeks later...

1.0 (December 23rd, 2018):

Also, note that KSPDevUtils now lives in the own repository.

• 1 month later...

1.1 (January 28th, 2019):

Edited by IgorZ

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much for this magnificent mod!

I almost forgive to find out the cause of log spam that says "Launcher here(in write): False", which brings awful lagging of my game.

Tried to eliminate some suspiscious mods, reset game settings, google for similar problems, but to no vail.

But thanks to Your mod, finally I can point out the problem and now I can continue my main save game.

Again, thanks for Your fantastic work.

• 2 weeks later...

1.8 (March 25h, 2019):

• [Change] Add localizations to the missed strings in the mod.
  • [Enhancement] Add standby dialog for the action that can take much time to complete.
  • [Enhancement] Add RU localization.
  • [Enhancement] Support "global strings". They can be used multiple times across the mod.
  • [Enhancement #12] Properly handle color values.
  • [Enhancement #13] Exclude the stock localization tags from the exported files.
  • [Enhancement #14] Add ability to switch the current game language in runtime.

Hello,

In LogConsole, is it possible to specify so that it will always produce a full stack trace for messages, alternatively specify an exact match that will generate a full trace?

I'm trying to track down which mod generates a log message, but the short trace doesn't give me the one I'm looking for.

On 3/16/2019 at 11:45 AM, JWS said:

I almost forgive to find out the cause of log spam that says "Launcher here(in write): False", which brings awful lagging of my game.

Tried to eliminate some suspiscious mods, reset game settings, google for similar problems, but to no vail.

But thanks to Your mod, finally I can point out the problem and now I can continue my main save game.

@JWSWhich mod did you find as the cause for "Launcher here(in write): False"? I'd like to have a stern word with the developer :P

Edit: If I had spent some time reading the actual documentation, I would know that I can just click a line in the log console. I'll have the mod I'm looking for identified in a jiffy.

Edited by Tivec

18 hours ago, Tivec said:

Hello,

In LogConsole, is it possible to specify so that it will always produce a full stack trace for messages, alternatively specify an exact match that will generate a full trace?

I'm trying to track down which mod generates a log message, but the short trace doesn't give me the one I'm looking for.

@JWSWhich mod did you find as the cause for "Launcher here(in write): False"? I'd like to have a stern word with the developer :P

Edit: If I had spent some time reading the actual documentation, I would know that I can just click a line in the log console. I'll have the mod I'm looking for identified in a jiffy.

It was the BetterTimeWaprConitnued mod, and changing the 'Use LosslessPhysics' option on and off stopped the spamming.

1.2 (April 2nd, 2019):

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

2.0 (October 19th, 2019):

@IgorZ THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

This is an absolute must have mod for me, that I have been using since you first released it.
I *constantly* am using it to help clean up and troubleshoot my modded installs, *AS WELL AS* helping me to identify easy bugs/issues I can fix, or at least to help dev's identify issues.

It has saved me soooo much time, by cross-referencing the timestamps in the WARNINGS log, to the full KSP log... (dont have to scan/search thru the whole KSP log to find stuff...)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if theres an existing way to parse the timestamps *inside* the output logs, (the ones at the beginning of *every* line), and if so, how to do it?

Basically i just want the <time>, and to ditch the <yyMMddT> from them... vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 months later...

@IgorZ Just wanted to say, I LOVE KSPDev LogConsole... Dont know what I would do without it, since I am constantly going thru my logs. It saves me SOOOOO much time.

Anyway, I specifically wanted to also say that I commend you on the EXCELLENT documentation you have for ALL of your KSP DevUtilities... (and your mods, too :P ).

15 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@IgorZ Just wanted to say, I LOVE KSPDev LogConsole... Dont know what I would do without it, since I am constantly going thru my logs. It saves me SOOOOO much time.

Anyway, I specifically wanted to also say that I commend you on the EXCELLENT documentation you have for ALL of your KSP DevUtilities... (and your mods, too :P ).

I'm glad to hear that all these docs were not a waste of time :)  But I have to confess, I made them primarily for myself :sticktongue: I don't like wasting my brain cells for remembering stuff I wrote a year ago, so I put as much explanations into the code as possible.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:24 PM, Stone Blue said:

Does anyone know if theres an existing way to parse the timestamps *inside* the output logs, (the ones at the beginning of *every* line), and if so, how to do it?

Basically i just want the <time>, and to ditch the <yyMMddT> from them... vOv

I think I have found a way in npp:

Spoiler

Just for info : you can, easily enough, simulate the two commands Keep lines with selection and Remove lines with selection of the Linefilter plugin, with N++, without any plugin :-). You just have to :

• Copy the contents of your current file, in a new tab

• Move to this new tab

• Mark the lines, containing a specific string, or matching a specific regex, ( Menu Search - Mark…). Don’t forget to check the Bookmark line option !

• Use the commands Search - Bookmark - Remove Unmarked Lines OR Search - Bookmark - Remove Bookmarked Lines to filter your text

oops - should just be able to use a simple regex to eliminate them

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2020 at 5:05 AM, atomontage said:

Hey @IgorZ ! Thanks again for the great development suite! PAWRangeBuff has just gone wild so you can add it to your Mods that use KSPDev Utils list if you want. :)

I'm glad you find it useful :)  Special thanks for the credits ;)  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.