[1.3] REKT Escape Pod Mod - v0.4.5.1 (more fixes)

steedcrugeon

@steedcrugeon Reading through this thread I notice other people commented on the lack of TAC-LS resources in the pods.

I think these pods are my favorite toys in the game atm, so I'm going to be a huge PiTA with nudges to smooth out the last few rough edges.

And I hope you bring back the cryopod too, with deepfreeze functionality.

Also, I've been messing with Nearfuture Plasma thrusters recently, and their teflon/electricity requirements keep making me think of that deep space pod.  If you throw some flip out plasma thrusters on it, not too many, like 4-6 along with a flip-out solar panel, the thing could drift through deep space like the monolith.  Like, maybe trying to get just inside range of the onboard coms or FTL beacon. Maybe hoping to make it to the nearest moon in the next month before the onboard supplies run out, in that 1% chance of finding help but i've got nothing better to do kind of way.

Also, since you can't add in mod specific LS canister slots. Maybe have a 'trunk space' that opens up so we can shove whatever LS supplies we want into it, that way you don't need to provide for each LS mod in particular.

Finally, my question, what are the requirements for the REKT docking solutions to work correctly.  The OTAV docking ring + inline docking in particular.  I noticed the ring seems to behave funny if attempting to attach it radially.  Am I correct in assuming it is in-line only?  While the ironically named "in-line" OTAV dock can be attached to any docking port radial or otherwise?

16 hours ago, grungar3x7 said:

In addition, is it necessary for the RetractableLiftingSurface folder to be both on its own in the GameData folder, and embedded in the SHED folder as well?

Erm, no not at all in-fact this is quite incorrect. The RetractableLiftingSurfaces folder should only be in GameData and not inside the SHED folder at all.

13 hours ago, Fergrim said:

And I hope you bring back the cryopod too, with deepfreeze functionality.

I'm confused, the mk1C I in the current release of REKT, this is the orange CryoPod.

13 hours ago, Fergrim said:

Finally, my question, what are the requirements for the REKT docking solutions to work correctly.  The OTAV docking ring + inline docking in particular.  I noticed the ring seems to behave funny if attempting to attach it radially.  Am I correct in assuming it is in-line only?  While the ironically named "in-line" OTAV dock can be attached to any docking port radial or otherwise?

I've just had a look at this on the Github source and you are correct. The 'surfaceAttach' node is not setup correctly, I've raised it as an issue and this will be rectified in the next release.

11 hours ago, grungar3x7 said:

...Should I track down a replacement, (like from the KSPWheel mod itself) or just be rid of the whole thing?

If you don't use the landing gear parts of the OTAV then you can without the KSPWheel, if you do want to use the landing gear on the OTAV then I'd suggest going to this thread and downloading the latest:

Edited by steedcrugeon

7 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

Erm, no not at all in-fact this is quite incorrect. The RetractableLiftingSurfaces folder should only be in GameData and not inside the SHED folder at all.

Thanks for your (relatively) swift reply.

7 hours ago, steedcrugeon said:

...If you don't use the landing gear parts of the OTAV then you can without the KSPWheel, if you do want to use the landing gear on the OTAV then I'd suggest going to this thread and downloading the latest:

Further, thanks very much for that explanation, and the link! Very concise, and yet definitive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2017 at 9:38 PM, Drew Kerman said:

primary Github download file link is still pointing to 0.4.5 (SpaceDock download is correct)

also the latest release has RetractableLiftingSurface in both the GameData and SHED folders

AVC states theres a new version (4.6?) However github and spacedock have a 4.5 version. Using the in-game download link gives a 404error on GitHub. The forum link works correctly tho.

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, Don0303 said:

any plans for a 1.4.1 update?

Is it broken?  (I haven't tried it myself,  but I suspect it should mostly work - except for the Landertron integration, as I haven't seen that mod updated yet.)

3 hours ago, Don0303 said:

it crashes on startup

Appears to work fine for me (didn't try any launches, just pulled them out in the VAB).  Make sure you've got the updated KSPWheel and Retractable Lifting Surfaces mods installed.  (And make sure to pull the RetractableLiftingSurface folder out of the SHED folder.)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I assume that if the dependencies are updated, that this works well in 1.4.3?

I'd test to make sure, but my 1.4.3 install has some 1.4.4 mods in it, and won't launch.  ;)  (Will take some debugging to figure out where I messed up.)  As I said, I did pull them out in the VAB and they appeared to work, but I hadn't actually gotten around to deploying them in the world.

43 minutes ago, DStaal said:

I'd test to make sure, but my 1.4.3 install has some 1.4.4 mods in it, and won't launch.  ;)  (Will take some debugging to figure out where I messed up.)  As I said, I did pull them out in the VAB and they appeared to work, but I hadn't actually gotten around to deploying them in the world.

Which 1.4.4 mods do you have installed?

14 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Which 1.4.4 mods do you have installed?

If I was sure of that I'd have the problem fixed.  ;)

Basically, I've copied my 1.4.3 GameData over to my 1.4.4 install, and have been trying to update each as appropriate until I can switch my career over to 1.4.4.  (Which needs Kopernicus.)  I've obviously dropped something with a complied DLL in the wrong GameData, and haven't had the time to debug.  (I tend to update regularly with a lot of mods, and play infrequently, so I don't have a list off hand of what's likely - though I do have a suspicion.)

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.