Can anyone update Adjustable Landing gear mod?

Hello, as the title says, im curious if someone could update this mod?

I cant find any similar mod out there and the original landing gear cant handle alot of weight before they break and only the medium size wheel have steering.

Link to Mod

Not sure if its legal for ppl to update other ppls mod but as i could read in one of his forum posts he cant update his mods anymore since he got school, etc etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The snag with the adjustable landing gear is the nature of the part, it's a hybrid of proc parts code, FSwheel and KerbalFoundries code, the wheel collider used is Baha's interpretation of FSwheel none of which will work in 1.2.x.   Then even if you get the model to a point at which it wont simply explode at launch none of the code it uses will work so that all needs to be re written. I've taken the units apart as part of identifying the issues and without doubt they have the longest and most complex hierarchy i have ever seen, and I've built in previous versions some stupidly complex suspensions and they don't even come close, and without some insight as to what any part actually does and why it's a case of making little steps and reverse engineering the whole thing from scratch, it has been mentioned that it would probably be easier to start from scratch than even attempt to fix the original.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has access to or can otherwise locate the original modeling files that were used to create these models, I have offered to rework them to be merged into / included in the upcoming Kerbal Foundries Continued mod using the new KSPWheel wheel-collider API for wheel functionality.

The caveat is that the models will need to be re-rigged from the ground up as when I took a peek at the hierarchies for the existing models, they made very little sense and would not be usable outside of the PartModules they were rigged for.  So the original modeling files will be needed (.blend or .fbx).  I -might- be able to re-rig them from importing the .mu files into blender, but would be a much longer and more painful process.

Indeed.  I took a brief look at the code and it looks like most of the behavior that makes Adjusable Landing Gear work is very specifically written for the FSwheel-derived module that these use.  I think large portions of it would have to be rewritten from scratch.

Yeah, I've actually put this on my mid-term TODO list concerning KF;  current intentions are to import the .mu into blender, fix up the rigging, re-export through unity/part-tools, write up some custom modules to manage the 'adjustable' bits of them, and merge the entire thing to be released under the KerbalFoundries banner (KF will also have some other... surprises... in the future).

As near as I can tell the licensing will allows for it, as long as I make note of where the original models came from and provide attribution/credits/acknowledgements (the BY part of the CC-BY-SA) (of course IANAL).  Should just be a matter of time...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.