[1.12.x] Kramax Autopilot Continued: Course guidance and auto-land for spaceplanes

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, Catbus said:

I went straight through the links you gave. That means Kramax v0.3.5, ClickThroughBlocker v15 and ToolbarControl v15.

There is no output_log.txt file in my KSP_x64_Data folder, I assume because the program hasn't crashed.

the following link tells you where the log file are

Just wanted to drop a giant thank you! Land aircraft has always been the one thing I could never get even a remote handle on in KSP (resulting in most of my planes coming to a stop with either just a cockpit or a smoking fireball). This has opened up a whole bunch of content for me. Going to try my hand at writing a flight plan at Nye Island this weekend I think.

Thanks again!

hello

I'm new to posting on forums and require some advice on why this great mod is not working correctly with only my xb70.

ive asked else where on FB pages etc but no answer as to why so thought id as you if you can understand this and what I need to do to get the aircraft working with the mod.

its in 1.3.1 due to mods I use not being upgraded yet but here is the issue.

as you can see everything in the autopilot is 180degrees out that would suggest the aircraft is flying upside down but its not and when I click bank level it rolls the xb70 upside down and even the pitch is backwards. none of the cockpits are backwards either :( I'm confused as to what to fix 

e9i721.jpg

thanks for your time

On 5/12/2018 at 2:38 PM, boohey12 said:

as you can see everything in the autopilot is 180degrees out that would suggest the aircraft is flying upside down but its not and when I click bank level it rolls the xb70 upside down and even the pitch is backwards. none of the cockpits are backwards either :( I'm confused as to what to fix 
[snip]

Check if the airplane's root part is not rotated 180°... It's a wild guess, but it's the only thing that came to my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Catbus said:

Kramax Autopilot works for me now with the latest update versions.

I don't know why you wouldn't reply to say there were new update versions. :-\

Because Im very busy, because I have a life outside of KSP.  I do this for free, I can’t provide perfect support.

and frankly, it is your responsibility to check and make sure you are running the correct and latest versions

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Because Im very busy, because I have a life outside of KSP.  I do this for free, I can’t provide perfect support.

and frankly, it is your responsibility to check and make sure you are running the correct and latest versions

I understand, but at the time I posted my query, I was running the correct and latest versions.

18 hours ago, Catbus said:

Kramax Autopilot works for me now with the latest update versions.

Correction: It was working. It stopped working after I updated KSPI and Interstellar Fuel Switch. Now I can't seem to get it to come back.

It looks like whatever broke Kramax also broke Toolbar Control. The yellow wrench is no longer appearing either.

Log file is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v4ozotdoxfd7dx/output_log.txt?dl=0

On 5/28/2018 at 8:17 AM, Catbus said:

Correction: It was working. It stopped working after I updated KSPI and Interstellar Fuel Switch. Now I can't seem to get it to come back.

It looks like whatever broke Kramax also broke Toolbar Control. The yellow wrench is no longer appearing either.

Log file is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/7v4ozotdoxfd7dx/output_log.txt?dl=0

Update the toolbar controller and the ClickThroughBlocker, both are needed

I'll look at the log tomorrow

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 5/16/2018 at 8:47 PM, Lisias said:

Check if the airplane's root part is not rotated 180°... It's a wild guess, but it's the only thing that came to my mind.

Strangely it wasn't but I started the build again and now it's fined :-/ thanks anyway

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 12:20 PM, boohey12 said:

Strangely it wasn't but I started the build again and now it's fined :-/ thanks anyway

It's irrelevant for the original problem right now, but it worth to mention: be aware of the "Control From Here" Menu Option!

When you have more than one control station, sometimes the auto-crew option (or mod, I don't remember if I using a mod…) puts your Pilot on a secondary control seat, and not the one you intended. And then all flight controls became "rooted" on the seat.

On 6/3/2018 at 5:03 PM, PmThay said:

Does anyone have the flight plans for the new airfield in the desert that comes with the DLC Expantion?

13 hours ago, Virtualgenius said:

I second this I am  looking for new flight plans as well

Creating a Flight Plan is easy: it's a text file (cfg) with the waypoints defined and named. Here is an example:

KramaxAutoPilotPlans
{
	Kerbin
	{
		FlightPlan
		{
			planet = Kerbin
			name = Area 110011 04
			description = Area 110011 04
			WayPoints
			{
				WayPoint
				{
					Vertical = true
					IAF = true
					lat = 2.565522
					lon = 222.078328
					alt = 5000
					name = Area 110011 IAP
				}
				WayPoint
				{
					Vertical = true
					IAF = true
					lat = 5.889763
					lon = 224.461531
					alt = 3333
					name = Area 110011 IAF
				}
				WayPoint
				{
					Vertical = true
					FAF = true
					lat = 9.933673
					lon = 227.381973
					alt = 633
					name = Area 110011 IF
				}
				WayPoint
				{
					Vertical = true
					RW = true
					lat = 10.292532
					lon = 227.642941
					alt = 333
					name = Area 110011 FAF
				}
				WayPoint
				{
					Vertical = true
					Stop = true
					lat = 10.641632
					lon = 227.898901
					alt = 333
					name = Area 110011 STOP
				}
			}
		}

<More FlightPlans here>
	}
}

Where:

• Vertical : maintain the designed altitude.
    • You are flying on a Air Corridor. Keep this altitude.
  • IAF initial approach fix
    • Marshalling Point.
    • It's where you change your bearing to match the runway's
    • It's where you start your Landing Approach
  • FAF final approach fix
    • It's where your ILS' Glidescope change to fine tuning you into the runway (that yellow bar)
    • It's where the Final Approach starts and you are committed to Landing.
    • This flight segment ends with a landing, or in Missed Approach.
      • Currently, Kramax doesn't handles MAP (Missed Approach Points)
      • The MAP would lead you away from the Landing Circuit, and from there you go to IAF to start over.
    • You aim for touch down to somewhere after RW!
  • RW : start of the runway
    • Not a goot idea to touch down before this...
  • Stop : end of the runway
    • And even a worst idea to still be rolling after this!

This wil allow you to create flight plans to anywhere on anyplace. I recently bough MH, so I'm on it anyway - but any help is appreciated.

To learn more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_approach

Edited by Lisias
adding link

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, thx for your great mod.

However, I'm not able to run it. I've installed both dependencies(this means I put the 3 folders "000_ClickThroughBlocker","001_ToolbarControl" and "KramaxAutoPilot" in the Gamedata folder. When I run KSPhowever, I can't find ur mode anywhere. The small aircraft symbol did not show on the right either. Did I do something wrong?

Edited by Peppa Pig Tatooed
wrong type

I've got no idea why I don't get an output file. I've followed the instructions and got to the folder where the output file should have been. But it's not there. And like I described, the game does not go wrong, but ur mod is just missing. I've put the three folders into the Gamedata folder, but just nothing happened in the game. When I remove all the other mods except urs, it's still not working. I can see when the game is loading, the module manager does not find any pitches. Should I do something else in addition to just putting the three folders in Gamedata?:(

• 1 month later...

Don't suppose anybody snagged this file before it vanished?

On 9/12/2017 at 8:42 AM, chimpbone said:

Here are some flight plans I made for Galileo's Planet Pack. Put them somewhere in your /GameData folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6rya1p7n30ap4i/GaelFlightPlans.cfg?dl=0

Looks like the dropbox link expired some time ago. :(

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.