linuxgurugamer

[1.8.x] Kramax Autopilot Continued: Course guidance and auto-land for spaceplanes

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, banditsan said:

I last line of script need to remove leading whitespace or it does not give output without -d

 

Yes, I noticed that and was intending to mention it. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in which version of python?  with a 2.7.5 interpreter on centos linux 7, it works as written.  didnt test it on windows, nor with python 3.x.

 

good to know, however.  im glad the code is proving useful for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

in which version of python?  with a 2.7.5 interpreter on centos linux 7, it works as written.  didnt test it on windows, nor with python 3.x.

 

good to know, however.  im glad the code is proving useful for others.

Yes it's very usefull, already have some ideas.

What i was poiting out was this:

unknown.png

That white space was not giving plans output without --debug. This is reason why i kinda can't handle python 2 :)

It was faster for me to write CSV parser with Perl and call your script for calculations then write parser on python :)

Edited by banditsan
mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Julian Burton said:

Is there any way I can get a default plan, or custom presets to automatically load each flight?

I am not quite sure what you are asking. Could you elaborate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Observe said:

I am not quite sure what you are asking. Could you elaborate?

Well.... I build all my planes so that they follow the same plan... Each time I put a plane on the runway, I set kramax for nav ("departure runway 09") and pitch 20degrees. Can I get these values (or others) to be default each time I put a plane on the runway? 

Edited by Julian Burton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 5:25 PM, Julian Burton said:

Well.... I build all my planes so that they follow the same plan... Each time I put a plane on the runway, I set kramax for nav ("departure runway 09") and pitch 20degrees. Can I get these values (or others) to be default each time I put a plane on the runway? 

This is not currently possible as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 9:25 PM, Julian Burton said:

Well.... I build all my planes so that they follow the same plan... Each time I put a plane on the runway, I set kramax for nav ("departure runway 09") and pitch 20degrees. Can I get these values (or others) to be default each time I put a plane on the runway? 

Exactly as you want, nope. Kramax only handle waypoints and some vessel subsystems (gears, breaks and throttle).

What you can do is to create a custom flight plan from the one you want. If you take a peek on the "KSC DEP 09", you will see that the first way point is exactly at the end of the runway at 500 meters high. By moving this waypoint, you can emulate the behavior you want.

Editing flight plans, currently, is a manual process - find the .cfg file, open it and edit it (use the custom flight plan, don't the default one!), then reload the flight plans.

Just remember not to delete or overwrite it when updating Kramax and you will be ok.

Edited by Lisias
fiorgot a step on the process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone using this for Real Solar System? I am in the process of creating Kramax landing paths for the various Earth airports and can share if interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any chance of backporting the new scrollbar feature to KSP version 1.31? I don't want to update my game, for fear of massive mod incompatibilities. Generally, I see little incentive to dive into 1.4x. I understand if this can't be done. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 3:09 PM, Observe said:

Is anyone using this for Real Solar System? I am in the process of creating Kramax landing paths for the various Earth airports and can share if interested.

if you use my python code that I posted above.. and de-indent the last line out to the top level (sorry about that) ... you can do this.  Just specify --radius 6371 or whatever the radius of the earth is in km, and it'll work.  I've created some flight plans for some of Admiral Tigerclaw's kerbin airports pack, the math is solid and it creates a valid and usable Kramax flight plan.
All you need to know is lat/lon/alt of the runway threshhold and the runway heading, and the radius of the planet you're on.  It calculates the rest and outputs a Kramax flight plan that you can paste into FlightPlans.cfg in the appropriate place.  The formula used will work for any planet, as long as you know its radius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 4:34 PM, ss8913 said:

I've created some flight plans for some of Admiral Tigerclaw's kerbin airports pack.

Care to share your flight plans? I've just installed kerbin airports (Tigerclaw's) and I don't necessarily want to duplicate efforts. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I love this mod and I was waiting for the version 1.5.1, as soon as i saw it i downloaded, however i dont see the airplane in the toolbar, it does not load, is there anything new I have to do? 

I just placed the content of the folder in GAME DATA, same as I do with most mods.

Edited by djv25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, djv25 said:

Hello,

I love this mod and I was waiting for the version 1.5.1, as soon as i saw it i downloaded, however i dont see the airplane in the toolbar, it does not load, is there anything new I have to do? 

I just placed the content of the folder in GAME DATA, same as I do with most mods.

Make sure you have latest dependencies versions: Click Through Blocker and ToolbarController.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love flying with this mod but I can't figure out why the autopilot like to veer off the runway to the right on rollout.  It does the approach correctly, lands beautifully and the when the brakes come on it veers to the right and crashes the plan.  Any thoughts on how to correct this from happening?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Galland1998 said:

I love flying with this mod but I can't figure out why the autopilot like to veer off the runway to the right on rollout.  It does the approach correctly, lands beautifully and the when the brakes come on it veers to the right and crashes the plan.  Any thoughts on how to correct this from happening?

Thanks

It can do that, if you pass the "Stop" point on the runway. Usually what I do, is deactivate NAV "Roll" as soon as I land on the runway. Then I coast to stop and have manual steering control available if needed. Don't know if this is the problem, but you might try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interestingly this mod kills the sounds coming from both chatterer and airplane plus' engine. When I remove the mod, all the sounds come to life. Any idea to fix?

 

edit: It might be related to the screen recorder I'm using. I have an 2017 5k iMac and using Screenflow to capture both screen and audio.

Edited by ondert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ondert said:

Interestingly this mod kills the sounds coming from both chatterer and airplane plus' engine. When I remove the mod, all the sounds come to life. Any idea to fix?

 

edit: It might be related to the screen recorder I'm using. I have an 2017 5k iMac and using Screenflow to capture both screen and audio.

Then stop recording using that and test.  Probably not related, but need to find out first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teach me how to make flight plans for airports from @ for Kerbinside Remaster ? DD:
Edited by Catatau_27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have some issues with bouncing.  If I tell it to maintain an altitude, or a pitch angle, it bounces a bit violently.  None of my planes will track straight down the runway.  

1.4 with FAR, which might be the problem.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tested again with only this mod and FAR in 1.5, still having over correction issues. 

Edited by The_Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2018 at 5:11 PM, ss8913 said:

good to know, however.  im glad the code is proving useful for others.

It's very neat code! I am from the opposite camp as my fellow poster: perl makes my head explode, but this is all reasonable.

What I wanted to note: It works perfectly fine in python 2.7 or 3, as no unique features are being called. Math and argparse did not change their basic functions between versions.

Something to note perhaps: For the print functions, the parenthetical form works just as well in 2.7 as the old print statement does. So, the same code can be used equally well on either 2 or 3 with that in mind. I also don't see anything that is platform specific; I suspect python 3 automatically sorts out line endings based on platform, but since it is specifically being handled here that is not an issue anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @linuxgurugamer.

I know you are not adding new features but could you look for a feature regression from Crzyrndm's Pilot Assistant? I mean the WASD keys used to work in Crzyrndm's Pilot Assistant as a quick way to fine tune the autopilot. Somehow Kramax does not do this. Could you please look into it? Maybe the code is still there just commented out or disabled somehow.

Thank you for maintaining so many great mods like this.

Thanks, ZeroA4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ZeroA4 said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer.

I know you are not adding new features but could you look for a feature regression from Crzyrndm's Pilot Assistant? I mean the WASD keys used to work in Crzyrndm's Pilot Assistant as a quick way to fine tune the autopilot. Somehow Kramax does not do this. Could you please look into it? Maybe the code is still there just commented out or disabled somehow.

Thank you for maintaining so many great mods like this.

Thanks, ZeroA4

Looking at the code, it seems that it's using the PITCH_DOWN, PITCH_UP, AXIS_PITCH settings to do that.

This mod is on life support, I keep it running, but not really interested in doing any significant work other than bug fixes.  If someone else would offer to start working on it, I'd very happily give it over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2018 at 12:06 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Looking at the code, it seems that it's using the PITCH_DOWN, PITCH_UP, AXIS_PITCH settings to do that.

This mod is on life support, I keep it running, but not really interested in doing any significant work other than bug fixes.  If someone else would offer to start working on it, I'd very happily give it over

I have some work done here. Some bugfixes, better FlightPlan support - but, yeah. KSPe. :D 

Alternatively, you can merge the changes you like (I would recommend cherry-picking - merge would bring the whole shebang).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.