[1.2.1] Structural Disks - Now with even more Polygons!

Benji13

Structural Disks!

Structural Disks adds new structural parts based off the structural panels already in the game. Instead, these panels (or disks) are circular and come in 0.625m, 1.25m, 2.5m and 3.75m diameters. Each disk also has multiple textures and models to choose from, thanks to Interstellar Fuel Switch.

If you have any suggestions or you find any bugs please don't hesitate to report them here. Also, don't forget to show me your creations!

Thanks to:

- @InsaneDruid for help early on with getting textures to work

- @Phineas Freak for help with FStextureswitch configs

- @Snjo for creating Firespitter and all of it's modules

- @FreeThinker for improving upon what snjo did with Interstellar Fuel Switch and for lots of help and suggestions

- @sarbian for maintaining Module Manager

Dependancies:

This mod depends on the Interstellar Fuel Switch core by FreeThinker which has it's own license. Visit https://goo.gl/WdB1Vt to find out more.

Structural Disks also requires Module Manager by Sarbian. Visit https://goo.gl/wncyRq to learn more.

KSP Mini-AVC

Structural Disks includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Screenshots:

jBcS9KJ.jpgmFi8LDU.jpggnryZ3i.png

Downloads:

Spacedock                Curseforge

Source:

Github

Changelog:

1.2.0 (1.2.0.1 on Spacedock):

- Added Pentagon, Hexagon and Octagon shapes ( @Mad_Mads, ask and you shall receive :))

- Fixed Triangle alignment in Editor

- Added proper TweakScale support

- Cleaned up the IMS and ITS patch

Spoiler

1.1.3:

- Updated Module Manager to 2.7.5

- Updated Interstellar Fuel Switch to 2.2.9

1.1.2:

- Fixed Concave Disk collider

- Fixed nodes

- Concave Disk is less laggy now

1.1.1:

- Added TweakScale support

- Moved from FSmeshswitch to InterstellarMeshSwitch

- Moved from FStextureswitch2 to InterstellarTextureSwitch

- Updated .version for 1.2.1 properly

1.1.0:

- Added a concave disk and triangle via FSmeshswitch

- Added a couple new textures 

- Better quality models.

1.0.2:

- Yes, another patch within 6 hours

- Fixed naming of textures.

- Camoflage texture shows up now.

1.0.1:

- Turns out Github destroyed my Readme, it is fixed now.

1.0:

- Initial release

Issues:

- I spelt Octagon wrong. I was tired, okay?

Planned:

- Maybe a special part for Radioactivity? Probably when it is less WIP

- I need suggestions!

Edited by Benji13

24 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Hey, I was looking for some good circular disk. Could you please post some pictures?

Some pics are on the way. Only just realised that I messed up the config for the texture switching so the names don't match up with the textures. It's quite late here so I will have to wait till morning to fix it. Thanks for your interest though!

Edit: @FreeThinker just added some pics.

Edited by Benji13

I will make mickey mouses on the Mun with it:D qEaf4FH.jpg

No just kidding I think you could use it to pimp rockets, or stations or make landinggear with it in combination with Infernal Robotics. Can you make more simple shapes and add other textures, textures like the rocketparts of my mods like KW, FASA.

1 hour ago, Aluminator said:

I will make mickey mouses on the Mun with it:D qEaf4FH.jpg

No just kidding I think you could use it to pimp rockets, or stations or make landinggear with it in combination with Infernal Robotics. Can you make more simple shapes and add other textures, textures like the rocketparts of my mods like KW, FASA.

Yea I was planning on adding rectangles and larger sized squares so when I'll do that I'll try to do something with the textures. 

21 hours ago, cy-one said:

Just out of curiousity... What does someone do with this? :D

@Benji13 The reason I'm intrested is becaise I want to use them as a radiation shield or radiator (or a combination)

Daedalus_Saturn_V_comparison.jpg

Notice the big disk underneed those tanks, I'm looking for that, could you create it?

Edited by FreeThinker

11 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@Benji13 The reason I'm intrested is becaise I want to use them as a radiation shield or radiator (or a combination)

Daedalus_Saturn_V_comparison.jpg

Notice the big disk underneed those tanks, I'm looking for that, could you create it?

Yea, I thought that radiation shielding would be a good use for them. Do you know if there is a module/setting in part configs that changes how well it does or doesn't transfer heat? Because if there is I might increase the heat-blockingness of the disks. 

10 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Yea, I thought that radiation shielding would be a good use for them. Do you know if there is a module/setting in part configs that changes how well it does or doesn't transfer heat? Because if there is I might increase the heat-blockingness of the disks. 

No, not yet, just make sure the shape is correct.

1 hour ago, steedcrugeon said:

You're working on a BIS Daedalus vessel? with the corresponding propulsion system?

BIS Propusion system is already done some time ago, including time dialation effects, currently I just looking for structural parts that can serve as a radiation shield and double as radiator

Edited by FreeThinker

Update!

- Version 1.1.0 for KSP 1.2.1.

- Added Concave Disk and Triangle shapes (with the help of FSmeshswitch).

- Added Grey Metal and Carbon Fibre textures.

- Increased resolution/quality of the Original Disk model.

- KSP Mini-AVC works now.

21 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

I wasn't aware that there was a difference. Please, go on...

Look in IFS TankRevamp, which has mutliple examples on how to use Mesh switches, even one with mutiple meshes and resource  switches.

Edited by FreeThinker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.