[1.2.1] Structural Disks - Now with even more Polygons!

Benji13

@Benji13 Alright, I tested your latest version, an it is looking very good. Next should be tweak-scale support, which is very easy to implement

MODULE
    {
        name = TweakScale
        type = stack_square
    }

Now we can rescale you multi purpose part in any color, shape and size

Edited by FreeThinker

7 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

@Benji13 there is a problem with the concave mesh

53ujvHO.png

As you can see, the nodes are too low, or the mesh has a undesired offset

wRZa9AM.png

Yea the nodes are in the wrong spot because I am not aware of a way to move them with the objects. That will be fixed next, along with tweakscale support. The offset gizmo will have to do for now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

- Added Pentagon, Hexagon and Octagon shapes ( @Mad_Mads, ask and you shall receive :))

- Fixed Triangle alignment in Editor

- Added proper TweakScale support

- Cleaned up the IMS and ITS patch

I realised just as I was uploading that I spelt Octagon wrong in all the patches. This will be fixed in the next later as I don't really feel that is worth it's own update.

Edit: I'm having internet troubles so the update will be out soonᵀᴹ. New version is up on Spacedock and will soon be available on Curse!

Edited by Benji13

• 1 month later...

Nice work @Benji13. Found you by googling for info on some FS modules. I've spoilered the following, as it's not directly related to your mod, but please take a look:

Spoiler

It would seem we have mods in a similar design vein. Sorry, not trying to advertise. I mention it because I added FSTextureSwitch2 to great effect, and now am trying to include FSmeshSwitch but am running into issues because of it. How has your experience been switching to IFS? I'm considering it as a last resort, if I can't work out my issues. Furthermore, are you aware of any IFS documentation? 

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to sidetrack this thread! Thanks in advance and once again, nice work :)  

41 minutes ago, DrunkenKerbalnaut said:

Nice work @Benji13. Found you by googling for info on some FS modules. I've spoilered the following, as it's not directly related to your mod, but please take a look:

Hide contents

It would seem we have mods in a similar design vein. Sorry, not trying to advertise. I mention it because I added FSTextureSwitch2 to great effect, and now am trying to include FSmeshSwitch but am running into issues because of it. How has your experience been switching to IFS? I'm considering it as a last resort, if I can't work out my issues. Furthermore, are you aware of any IFS documentation? 

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to sidetrack this thread! Thanks in advance and once again, nice work :)  

Thanks! 

Spoiler

I've found IFS to be very easy to switch too as it is very similar to FS switching. I can't remember if there is any proper documentation but I'm sure that if you PM'd @FreeThinker he'd be happy to lend a hand. I never ran in to any problems with FSswitching but if you are I would suggest switching to IFS.

3 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Thanks! 

Reveal hidden contents

I've found IFS to be very easy to switch too as it is very similar to FS switching. I can't remember if there is any proper documentation but I'm sure that if you PM'd @FreeThinker he'd be happy to lend a hand. I never ran in to any problems with FSswitching but if you are I would suggest switching to IFS.

Hey if you can think of any ways to collaborate, I'd be interested. I find there are a lot empty niches for simple and/or structural parts in KSP. 

Spoiler

And thanks for the pointer. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Your .version file has a typo which is causing errors.

the second quote on line 8 is not the correct quotes, it appears to be backquotes.  This can happen if you copy/paste from a windows editor.

It is very hard to see, the best way to validate it is to go to the following site:   http://jsonlint.com  and paste the entire text of the file in, it will show if there are any errors and where, although a back quote is still hard to identify, it will show where the error is

Edit:  It actually looks ok on Github, for some reason, what you have on Spacedock has a bad file

Edit 2:Can you notify me when you do the next update, so I can revert changes I made to CKAN to bypass the error?  Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

Idea:

Add a part of vertical panels matching the outer edges of the disks. That way you could use the verticals as pillars to have the disc etc be a roof for your off world colonies. Suggest the verticals cover like 1/6 and 1/8 of the circle perimeter. Those also being able to add in sets for for 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 coverages.

Have you thought of making a 'glass' version of the curved disc? Those could make survival domes.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does this work in 1.2.2?

Pretty sure. Sorry to anyone who might have been waiting for an update. I haven't been very active lately due to being very busy irl. I will still update the mod to a working state with each KSP update, but other, smaller patches may be a bit further apart. 

• 8 months later...

I was wondering if this could be modified to work for making non-ablative heat shield.   Idealy make 3 varieties.  High-temp conductive (High heat capacity coefficient, High heat tolerance, high conductivity, high durability) High-Temp insulator (Normal heat capacity coefficient, High heat tolerance, low conductivity, lightweight, fragile), and normal (Normal heat capacity coefficient, normal heat tolerance, normal conductivity, high durability,  lighter and cheaper.) lightweight (Low heat capacity coefficient, low heat tolerance, low durability, ultralight, cheap.)

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.