JacobJHC

Can someone explain fuel flow priority?

Question

I am confused on the new fuel priority system that 1.2 added. I like the idea but am still confused. Does adding numbers mean more fuel flows out or does a higher number mean that more fuel flows out? Thanks

6 answers to this question

tanks with higher numbers will drain before lower ones,  so you could break down your tanks and have them drain bottom to top

eg.  53 for the lowest, 52 for the next, then 51, and finally  50. 

• Like 1

Just now, DD_bwest said:

tanks with higher numbers will drain before lower ones,  so you could break down your tanks and have them drain bottom to top

eg.  53 for the lowest, 52 for the next, then 51, and finally  50. 

Thanks :D. I am currently completing the Jool 5 Challenge and my Tylo lander, which lacks fuel lines has staging issues due to even fuel draining.

• Like 1

I kept forgetting whether it went low to high or high to low. I finally remembered by thinking "high priority" = "high numbers" and something that's high priority is something that gets done faster  :)

• Like 2

On October 26, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Tyko said:

I kept forgetting whether it went low to high or high to low. I finally remembered by thinking "high priority" = "high numbers" and something that's high priority is something that gets done faster  :)

You just saved me much in the way of headaches and time staring at pretty green lines blinking at me in the vab!

• Like 1

On 10/26/2016 at 6:10 PM, Tyko said:

Also, "Lower is Later".

• Like 1

Drove me nuts until I realized it works like priorities--priority 1 is higher than priority 16.

My mining/refueling ships have a low number on their own engines and a high number on the fuel they carry to transfer and they have the pumps turned on.  Dock with the target, the fuel moves on it's own, they keep enough to get back down and make some more.