[1.2-1.6] Draggable Navball (1.0.1)

Error_Sophius

• 5 months later...
32 minutes ago, Michel Bartolone said:

Anyone know if this will get updated for 1.6.x any time soon?

Probably not... for one thing, this functionality was incorporated into stock...
in flight scene, hit Esc key, scroll down the UI settings, and there is a slider to shrink/enlarge the navball, as well as one to slide it across the bottom of the screen

It's not in stock, unless it was very recent. Having a slider buried in the settings is not the same as being able to drag the navball out of the way at will.

I haven't played in a while, so I didn't realize 1.6 was out. Thanks for the heads up. I'll double check that it's not broken and then update.

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, Error_Sophius said:

@linuxgurugamer : I did, but I'm out of the country at the moment and can't experiment (or answer much). Ask me again in a week or two.

Not a problem.

One other thing, I'm not sure how much of the code is duplicated between the two mods, but it might be worth it to either combine them and replace the current, or have a third version which would have them combined

• 1 year later...

Similar to my note on Draggable Altimeter...

For those who might be updating to KSP 1.8.1 or even KSP 1.9 and wanting this mod, I just thought I'd note that the Spacedock Changelog for this mod has updated versions.

Version v1.0.1 on Spacedock for KSP 1.8.1

It does say that users of KSP greater than 1.8 (i.e. 1.9) should still use the v1.0.1 version.

• 2 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 9:52 PM, scottadges said:

It does say that users of KSP greater than 1.8 (i.e. 1.9) should still use the v1.0.1 version.

Perhaps at the time you read it it was a typo on OPs part, but it says < (less than)

Edited by Iodyne

• 1 year later...

Just for the record, I'm not actually dead, and I do get emailed by posts in this thread. ...or at least I used to and thought that was still the case. Looking at my email history, something might be wrong with the follow feature; I see no thread notifications newer than 2019-10-26, but I did get mail for LGG's PM. Not sure what's up with that.

As far as I know the draggables still work in current KSP, no matter what spacedock/ckan say, but I'll double check that too, and take another shot at sorting out the metadata, and maybe merge the two per LGG's suggestion. I had some reason for not doing that before, but don't remember what it was.

On 6/28/2022 at 8:24 AM, Error_Sophius said:

I had some reason for not doing that before, but don't remember what it was.

I have a feeling that you'll be reacquainted with the reason soon enough.  It'll be that "Oh, yeah" moment.

I just pushed a v1.0.1.4 to Spacedock that *might* fix the issue where CKAN/Spacedock think dragnav isn't compatible with current versions of KSP. I'm not sure how soon to expect a CKAN refresh to pick it up, but I'll check in the morning. There are no code changes, so if your existing install works then there's no need to update.

I'm having a look at LGG's changes but it will take a day or two to grok them. Yeah, Brigadier, I'm half-expecting a "oh yeah" moment when I look at the merge of the two, but I assume LGG tested his changes and I'm pretty sure "it doesn't work" wasn't the reason anyway.

Edited by Error_Sophius

Meh. CKAN picked up the new version, but thinks it requires KSP <= 1.12.3. I'm not sure where it's getting that from; it's definitely not in the .version file. Either CKAN isn't finding the file or it's not honoring the contents, I'm not sure which. Will try again tomorrow.

At least it will allow it to install again for the time being.

Dragnav should work properly from CKAN again, hopefully permanently this time.

It seems that CKAN reacts to an (intentionally) omitted KSP_MAX_VERSION by silently deferring to Spacedock's (crippled) versioning metadata. Which might not be insane, except that as far as I can tell, it's entirely undocumented behavior. Excuse me while I order a new desk to replace the one I just put my head through.

Spacedock provides no way to allow for future patch-version updates, and the .version schema provides no way to explicitly specify either 'any version' or a right-open interval (e.g. ksp <1.13.0), so I kludged it by giving a max version of 1.12.99. The important part is that now everything will be fine forever.

I'll do the same for Altimeter as soon as I can. I want to leave both in a usable and reasonably future-proof state, even if future updates go in a merged fork.

Edited by Error_Sophius

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone was wondering: Navball and Altimeter both have working version data now, so they should do the right thing for the indefinite future.

As of a few minutes ago, I have a merged version that appears to work, but I need to test it more before releasing it. There may be some room to clean up the implementation in the process; I see some of my dumber bugfix kludges (like forcing a reposition every update) are missing from LGG's code, so he may have found solutions I missed. Will probably PM you with some questions tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

A few moments ago I pushed a Draggable Controls v0.9.0 pre-release, subsuming Navball and Altimeter and (as far as I can tell) at parity with them. Once any ckan versioning funny business is worked out, I'll re-push it as v1.0.0 and make a separate forum thread for it. There's a couple new features I plan to add, but I wanted the first merged release to be as similar to the originals as possible.

If anyone wants to try it in the meantime, it should be visible on ckan shortly. It's probably best to remove the old mods first.

8 hours ago, Error_Sophius said:

A few moments ago I pushed a Draggable Controls v0.9.0 pre-release....

Hmm.. where did you push it *to*?... I see you updated the source on "exp" branch, but I cant find any *release package*, after Jul 4, to grab? vOv

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.