[1.2-1.6] Draggable Navball (1.0.1)

Error_Sophius

Draggable Navball

I've always found the navball's default position irritating. It's directly under your rocket, often blocking a non-negligible chunk of whatever you're looking at. Vertical space is scarce on a widescreen, and the navball uses way too much of it. It should really be off to the side.

This mod does exactly what it says on the tin: Lets you drag the navball somewhere more convenient. It's probably especially useful to people with a multi-monitor setup. Drop the ball somewhere in all that unused space.

Note that this overrides the UI_POS_NAVBALL setting, if you're using it.

Changelog

[1.0.1] - 2016-12-21

• Navball position no longer resets on entering/leaving IVA
  • Fix position reset on scene change in KSP 1.2.2
  • Changelog included in package

[1.0.0] - 2016-10-27

• Initial release

Downloads

License: MIT

Edited by Error_Sophius
Fixing formatting issues

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Repeating from the altimeter thread: I wont' be able to test this myself till this weekend, probably, but glibbo states that it works as-is in 1.3, which is a good sign. If I can get a second person to confirm that they work, I'll go ahead and update spacedock's compatibility information.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to updating this. It works in 1.3, with the caveat that it's gone back to reverting the navball position on entering/leaving IVA. It's a minor enough bug that I'm marking it for 1.3 anyway so that ckan won't complain. Will fix the bug later, or if someone's impatient they can look at the source.

• 5 months later...
17 hours ago, DerGolgo said:

Is there any chance this might get an update for 1.3.1?
For me, at least, it's not working therein. And I miss it. Much.

Odd, since it appears to work fine for me under KSP 1.3.1.

7 hours ago, Error_Sophius said:

Will do. Thanks for asking; I tend to play in bursts and then leave the game alone for a while, so I don't always notice when a new KSP version comes out. If I don't have a new release in two weeks, stab me.

329 hours and counting :cool:

22 hours ago, Error_Sophius said:

Will do. Thanks for asking; I tend to play in bursts and then leave the game alone for a while, so I don't always notice when a new KSP version comes out. If I don't have a new release in two weeks, stab me.

Great, cheers!
About the stabbing, though. I don't know your local idiom, so for all I know, you really should buy me dinner first! :wink::P

EDIT: Thanks, @Brigadier! I was so fuzzled with mods and updates ... I swear, I would have sworn, I was as certain as the sky is gray that I had had it in the update-ready GameData folder. Upon closer inspection, I didn't. I had even noted in my addon spreadsheet, where I document my addons and versions thereof and stuff, that I had moved this and Draggable Altimeter out for the 1.3.1 update.
Clumsy. It's a state of mind. Gonna try it now, so I may have to cancel on that stabbing after all, @Error_Sophius! :)

Edited by DerGolgo
Clumsy. It's a sate of mind.

That's relieving. If it really does work on 1.3.1, then I don't have to re-figure-out how to debug it. I'd just need to update the metadata on spacedock.

Let me know how it goes. If anyone else watching has tried to use this and/or Draggable Altimeter on 1.3.1,  please chime in. I'll inquire on IRC too. If I can get three independent user reports that they work, I will assume they work and update spacedock (and thereby ckan) right away.

50 minutes ago, Error_Sophius said:

That's relieving. If it really does work on 1.3.1, then I don't have to re-figure-out how to debug it. I'd just need to update the metadata on spacedock.

Let me know how it goes. If anyone else watching has tried to use this and/or Draggable Altimeter on 1.3.1,  please chime in. I'll inquire on IRC too. If I can get three independent user reports that they work, I will assume they work and update spacedock (and thereby ckan) right away.

Just tried it with Draggabel Navball and Draggabel Altimeter. They both shove around nice, switching between map view and craft view looks smooth. Only issue I have is that the navball will always reappear when I go to craft view, no matter the setting I make in Navball Adjustor. But I suspect this issue is entirely unrelated to the Draggable mod.

Okay, I just had a chance to look at it myself. I noticed the navball unexpectedly reappearing too. I don't think it's anything to do with DN, as DN does not manipulate the navball's on/off status.

There were no other obvious problems. I have updated the spacedock metadata for both mods to include 1.3.1. Thanks @DerGolgo for the heads up.

Edited by Error_Sophius

• 3 months later...

Could you change the CKAN metadata to indicate that v1.0.1 can support KSP versions 1.2.2 through 1.4.1? I'm still on 1.3.1 for other mods, and I was quite confused when I saw that this mod was no longer compatible according to CKAN. I know that the Community Trait Icons mod is doing something similar for their v1.0.0

19 minutes ago, Error_Sophius said:

Hrm. I agree that is a thing I should change, but I'm not sure how -- I don't do anything with ckan directly, I just make my updates on Spacedock and they magically show up some time later.

Anyone know how I can do what quietsamurai suggests?

Yes, get my attention

:D

Send me a PM and I'll fix it when I get home

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.