KSP Weekly: Hallogreen is here!

SQUAD

On 29/10/2016 at 2:00 AM, Badie said:

Well we are trying to make some changes, of course our new developers will be present in each KSP Weekly so you can get to know them! But I appreciate your opinion :) it's always good to have some feedback 

Count me in the people who think the new format is a backwards step.

On 10/30/2016 at 4:04 AM, V7 Aerospace said:

I think that until the console port is fixed, Devnotes should be dedicated to giving updates of its current state in development.

Us PC players can wait while the console players issues are fixed, there are people who love the game, but detest SQUAD for their lack of communication. All that is needed is for them to know what is happening to resolve their problems, that would go a long way to help solve the mess we are currently in.

After all, what is more important? Fixing an unplayable game for console users, or working on a multiplayer update that some of us don't even want.

Yes let's solve the communications issues that EVERYONE is having with squad by barring them from speaking to the overwhelming majority that'll work.

27 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

Sadly, inbound plush toys emanate from the vicinity of Eeloo. Please calculate the kinetic energy on your own and then quickly step away.

Jebediah will feel my wrath, although that would take a while since light years are still a far distance.

1 hour ago, HoloYolo said:

Jebediah will feel my wrath, although that would take a while since light years are still a far distance.

Wrath is an emotion.

Light-years are a measure of distance and time.

There is yet to be a mathmatical link between emotion and distance - albeit poets 

Still, one's heart awaits.

Just now, Wallygator said:

Wrath is an emotion.

Light-years are a measure of distance and time.

There is yet to be a mathmatical link between emotion and distance - albeit poets 

Still, one's heart awaits.

Touche, English class ruins my english, or maybe it's just Spanish. Idek, amigo.

On 29.10.2016 at 2:01 AM, SQUAD said:

Another of the things that has kept us busy is the localization of the game, which is a difficult and tedious process, but have achieved significant progress so far.

SQUAD, please, PLEASE don't let Steam select the game's language but make it selectable via preferences instead. Please! Because steam guessed locale of a user does by far not necessarily match the user's preferred language.

Edited by Ser

10 hours ago, Ser said:

SQUAD, please, PLEASE don't let Steam select the game's language but make it selectable via preferences instead. Please! Because steam guessed locale of a user does by far not necessarily match the user's preferred language.

Space terms in Portuguese are so boring...
Gravity Turn == Curva Gravitacional
Launch == Lançamento/Decolagem
Booster == Impulsionador (this is the worst)
NavBall == "NavBola" chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f
EVA == AVE: Atividade Veícular Externa
Shuttle == Ônibus Espacial
Fairing == Concha
etc... etc... ¬¬"

I think KSP is more enjoyable in English or Russian... ಠ_ಠ

Edited by luizopiloto

2 hours ago, luizopiloto said:

Space terms in Portuguese are so boring...
Gravity Turn == Curva Gravitacional
Launch == Lançamento/Decolagem
Booster == Impulsionador (this is the worst)
NavBall == "NavBola" chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f
EVA == AVE: Atividade Veícular Externa
Shuttle == Ônibus Espacial
Fairing == Concha
etc... etc... ¬¬"

I think KSP is more enjoyable in English or Russian... ಠ_ಠ

Oh God, some of those words sound kinda salty in slavic languages :) But AVE sounds beautiful, just like latin greeting. I won't type here how those would be in Russian because they are either too long words or ugly abbreviatures. And I don't even want to see how the "funny" part of KSP would be translated.

On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۱۰ ه‍.ش. at 10:23 PM, klgraham1013 said:

They have said this.

That single line tells tons of words : NO PROMIS.

As a person who programmed for unity, I understand this better than many "just player" part of the community. I don't disrespect the community, don't get me wrong. But, when you want to go for multiplayer, you have to set for it from start OR you have to go back to millions lines of code and revisit every single one of them and make changes everywhere to JUST get ready for adding multiplayer.

In case of a game like a two person card game, well, you would set for multiplayer from day one for example. In this scenario, you would write your server master and then client communication to server before you even start putting game stuff there ! And don't even think that photon solutions that are out there for unity would be able to handle KSP. the amount of precision it needs forced SQUAD to write their own methods for double precision numbering system.

In the case that you want to make a game that you ARE NOT sure how beneficial it would be in commercial department, and when you are developing the game, unity is not as rich as what we see these days, well, you naturally start with single player, now, in this scenario, one of two things may happen, either unity jumps ahead and gets rich just IN TIME before you would have tons of code to revisit. in this case, yah, you may consider going back and implement the core functionality for multiplier. BUT, when you have million lines of code, and, as many people said, the core functionality of the game YOU as DEVELOPER aimed for is not getting much benefit from multiplier, then going for multiplier functionality is a can of worms that would open and cause tons of new bugs 100% sure.

I had read many many comments about how awesome multiplayer can be in ksp, when people ask them how, they give different scenarios of racing game mechanics. GUYS ksp is a space simulator game NOT a race game ! keep in mind, when a game developer starts developing a game, he has a global fantasy of his own and he sets for it. RACES are not what any space simulator game goes for it. it's like you guys yell that you want Microsoft Flight Simulator to become multiplayer fighting plane arena game ! yah, that is as funny as it.

long story short, when developers say "No Promises" it means that:

1- We like the idea but we are not sure how good it will be game mechanic wise

2- It can be a can of worms that we want to open with tons of causions

3- We are not sure how fitting it would be to the game

4- There are hundreds of bugs sitting in front of us right now and we don't have time, nor the motivation, nor the man power to go for this idea (that can exponentially add bugs to the list)

so? if you ask me, settle down guys. if you want a race space game, go find one and stop bothering the community on something "THAT IS NOT PROMISED".

Edited by Jiraiyah

On 10/31/2016 at 9:09 AM, Aurum6 said:

snip 

That's called.. criticism? They're not raising pitchforks over it, it's what they feel they've noticed and they are pointing it out. How is that "cancer"?

"Grow up, children." Pfft. That sounds even more cancerous.

Edited by Columbia

On 11/4/2016 at 0:20 PM, Jiraiyah said:

GUYS ksp is a space simulator game NOT a race game ! keep in mind, when a game developer starts developing a game, he has a global fantasy of his own and he sets for it. RACES are not what any space simulator game goes for it. it's like you guys yell that you want Microsoft Flight Simulator to become multiplayer fighting plane arena game ! yah, that is as funny as it.

"Someone wants to do something other than spaceflight? Oh good god no! God forbid they make BOATS! The world will burn!"

On 11/4/2016 at 5:20 AM, Jiraiyah said:

Rant about racing

Fine, you're having an opinion about what KSP should be. Your opinion, not mine. I look at the future and if Squad wants to survive in the games industry in the long run, they make sure to develop the architecture to be versatile. The competition is watching and developing too.

I've written it many times before and I'm doing it again: KSP's main selling point is not the space sim side, it's the editor, being the easiest and quickest to use on the market. Although it lacks detail and precision, almost anything can built with incredible speed. Some might feel the editor is not important because they only build rockets using 30 parts. Other people have a different standard.

I invented an engine using rocket/plane parts to build propeller planes and helicopters. Squad has adjusted KSP at my request multiple times to help the development of these engines. They've promoted a topic about a car with a piston engine to thread of the month October. So ... are you gonna tell Squad how their program should behave and what their target audience should be?

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

"Someone wants to do something other than spaceflight? Oh good god no! God forbid they make BOATS! The world will burn!"

meh, making few "parts" for having a boat in game is creativity and maybe add little fun, but constantly bothering developers about something that was never promised is something else. I'm all ok for mods like those that add boats and submarines because if i don't like them, i have option to not download and use them and if i like them, well, i will. but let's face it, it would be the same amount of bothersome if someone come up in forums and constantly bother developers about why not submarine features of game is as rich as space !!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.