Mod ideas, help me start :)

GrzesiekB

Hello dear KSP Community!

I'm talking to everyone here on this forum, You are amazing. KSP has created a community of great people, who help each other out and create AMAZING content, which enriches the gaming experience. Kerbal Space Program with mods for life support, additional planets and many other things is the best game I have ever played. And I'm playing it still, after more than 5 years and over 1000 hours on the clock. So I just wanted to say THANK YOU! :)

There are awesome mods out there which I'm using, but there are some things that I still miss, that I wish somebody make a mod for, and still nothing. I was thinking about some habbitats for kerbals, like maybe 5m x 20m big habbitats for space stations and interplanetary ships, and some stock-ish engines, which are missing, like the vaccum versions of "Swiwel" or vaccum versions of "Vector" with improved vaccum ISP and decreased surface ISP, with bigger nozzles like in real life engines. I have some ideas, and I have descend modeling skills in Blender so creating a model for an engine or interior for  a habitat won't be a problem. The only thing I don't know is - where to start?

Are there any tutorials how to mod? Maybe some speciffic forum threads? Or could anyone just give me an istruction how to convert an engine model from blender to ksp format, how to write a cfg which will implement it into a game with the parameters i want? Basically I'm asking HOW TO MOD.

Thank You for any answers, I will post some renderings of the ideas I have soon :)

Edited by GrzesiekB

Most of what you need to know about modding KSP can be found on this thread. Granted some of the things on the thread are kind of outdated, but it will definitely give you a good idea of how to go about modding. I recommend watching a couple of the tutorial videos on how to get a model from Blender to Unity to the game. If you are curious about a specific thing, such as "how to engine" or "how to solar panel", check the respective sections on those for images, cfg examples and so on. If there are ever something you can't find the answer to you can always DM a veteran modder or post a question in the addon-dev section of the forum. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/10/2016 at 1:30 PM, GrzesiekB said:

Hello dear KSP Community!

I'm talking to everyone here on this forum, You are amazing. KSP has created a community of great people, who help each other out and create AMAZING content, which enriches the gaming experience. Kerbal Space Program with mods for life support, additional planets and many other things is the best game I have ever played. And I'm playing it still, after more than 5 years and over 1000 hours on the clock. So I just wanted to say THANK YOU! :)

There are awesome mods out there which I'm using, but there are some things that I still miss, that I wish somebody make a mod for, and still nothing. I was thinking about some habbitats for kerbals, like maybe 5m x 20m big habbitats for space stations and interplanetary ships, and some stock-ish engines, which are missing, like the vaccum versions of "Swiwel" or vaccum versions of "Vector" with improved vaccum ISP and decreased surface ISP, with bigger nozzles like in real life engines. I have some ideas, and I have descend modeling skills in Blender so creating a model for an engine or interior for  a habitat won't be a problem. The only thing I don't know is - where to start?

Are there any tutorials how to mod? Maybe some speciffic forum threads? Or could anyone just give me an istruction how to convert an engine model from blender to ksp format, how to write a cfg which will implement it into a game with the parameters i want? Basically I'm asking HOW TO MOD.

Thank You for any answers, I will post some renderings of the ideas I have soon :)

If you go to a thread I made called how to mod. Just go on my account you should find it. this thread: 

Edited by Orion Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.