[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

can you add a cockpit for the 109/warhawk/hurricane? I'm having trouble using the cockpits from this mod and airplane plus to recreate them without the hatch becoming obstructed from the mk0 size parts I'm using to make them look more realistic

D5-07 German WWII Fighter MESSERSCHMITT Bf 109 E-1 1/48 – Wingsy KitsHawker Hurricane - WikipediaRugged P-40 Warhawk earns admiration | Local | stltoday.com

Edited by Kerbal410

11 hours ago, Kerbal410 said:

can you add a cockpit for the 109/warhawk/hurricane? I'm having trouble using the cockpits from this mod and airplane plus to recreate them without the hatch becoming obstructed from the mk0 size parts I'm using to make them look more realistic

No, I'm only maintaining this, not making new parts

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 
Playing with SXT updated to the current version, a lot of the textures are OK, however some appear pure black. namely, the Dontstayputnik, Pancake, Tsar Pushka, Commodore, Veles, Mokosh, Perun, Large Linear RCS Array, Docing Port XL, Cone Mk3, Kommunotronski 16. 
I know 1.12 brought these issues, but as both CKAN and Spacedock say that SXT is compatible, is this a feature that has not been fixed, or an issue on my end?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your efforts to keep SXT alive. 

20 hours ago, sergeikat said:

Hi, 
Playing with SXT updated to the current version, a lot of the textures are OK, however some appear pure black. namely, the Dontstayputnik, Pancake, Tsar Pushka, Commodore, Veles, Mokosh, Perun, Large Linear RCS Array, Docing Port XL, Cone Mk3, Kommunotronski 16. 
I know 1.12 brought these issues, but as both CKAN and Spacedock say that SXT is compatible, is this a feature that has not been fixed, or an issue on my end?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your efforts to keep SXT alive. 

Did you follow the instructions for install?  Fully detailed in the OP

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, @linuxgurugamer

Thanks (as always) for all you efforts to keep one of the thousand mods, that you adopted, alive for modern KSP.

Coming by from the discussions of another couple of mods fighting with all the textures hidden in the "zDeprecated" folder, and during a general check of any, similar issues (that you resolved by the creation of the genuinely simple-but-amazing scripts that go fishing them automatically) I noticed, sadly that, a couple of parts are referring to textures not even in the game anymore.
It's not a complete list, but only about those that I found up to now:

• "SXTCastor30" solid rocket booster  (in the needs of textures from Squad's "solidBoosterBACC")
  • "SXTSize2SRB" solid rocket booster (in the needs of texture from the "MassiveSRB")

are both refering to those present in KSP only up to v.1.8.xx

For later KSP version, even if technically the parts are loaded, they obviously show up with messed visuals, as the textures present in game are mapped totally differently.
Your scripts, sadly, are not helping, as the file naming reference is actually the same, but the actual texture is not.

There is not really a "simple solution" for it, rather than having the original texture files from a version prior or equal to KSP v.1.8 and, manually, copy-paste them in game.
On a personal level, I already sorted out the problem (I have all the KSP version needed... actually I have them up to v.0.17 archived :D), but I understand that could be more of a problem for a future STX "public release" to plunge in Squad owned assets, even if outdated (... even if, technically, there are plenty of "vintage part collections" that are simply redistribuiting old Squad files)

• 4 months later...

A little late on the response, but really didn't need one

On 9/17/2021 at 6:18 AM, Araym said:

"SXTCastor30" solid rocket booster  (in the needs of textures from Squad's "solidBoosterBACC")

You are looking at commented out lines in the file, that part doesn't use Squad's textures anymore, they are included in the part dir

On 9/17/2021 at 6:18 AM, Araym said:

"SXTSize2SRB" solid rocket booster (in the needs of texture from the "MassiveSRB")

Same thing, the cfg file has those texture replacement lines commented out.

I'm not sure what you are using, looks like a really old install

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer, I'm having a small problem with the hatch on the Entente cockpit. I'm running the 0.3.29.5 version of SXT on KSP 1.11.2 so that may well be the cause of the problem, but I figured I'd report it just in case.

When I send Kerbals out on EVA they pop out of the hatch feet first while facing upward. It seems as a result they're unable to grab hold of the ladder and so they just fall off the cockpit.

I have a short video of this phenomenon as well as logs in this dropbox file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x7zdc8axk7nv32i/AAA4jI7hQ_pcEZDVWlWWfbSha?dl=0

This is on an install with just the two dlc expansions and SXT w/dependencies.

Edited by cosekantphi

8 hours ago, cosekantphi said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer, I'm having a small problem with the hatch on the Entente cockpit. I'm running the 0.3.29.5 version of SXT on KSP 1.11.2 so that may well be the cause of the problem, but I figured I'd report it just in case.

When I send Kerbals out on EVA they pop out of the hatch feet first while facing upward. It seems as a result they're unable to grab hold of the ladder and so they just fall off the cockpit.

I have a short video of this phenomenon as well as logs in this dropbox file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x7zdc8axk7nv32i/AAA4jI7hQ_pcEZDVWlWWfbSha?dl=0

This is on an install with just the two dlc expansions and SXT w/dependencies.

I'd suggest updating to 0.3.29.7, but I don't think it will solve your problem.

Open an issue on github here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SXTContinued/issues

No promises, but at least it won't be forgotten

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'd suggest updating to 0.3.29.7, but I don't think it will solve your problem.

Open an issue on github here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SXTContinued/issues

No promises, but at least it won't be forgotten

Updated SXT to 0.3.29.7 and yeah the problem persists. I opened an issue on github and provided new logs using the updated version of SXT.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have the rights to the models in this mod, or are you stuck with just reusing what you have?   This has always been one of my must have mods, and some of the models are a bit dated.   If you had the original files and the rights to use them, I would maybe take a look at the models for this mod as well....  again, not texturing, just models.   However, if done correctly, the textures could most likely be reused, as the things I would want to change are cockpit windows that do not light up etc.  I assume this must be done in the model to define the surface to add the glow to, so most likely will need access to the models and edit them to include this information.

However, since KSP2 is on the horizon, I am not sure how much effort to put into KSP 1 mods.  Do you intend to support KSP 1 even after KSP 2 is released?   Seems like a ton of work with the number of mods you maintain.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

10 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Do you have the rights to the models in this mod, or are you stuck with just reusing what you have?   This has always been one of my must have mods, and some of the models are a bit dated.   If you had the original files and the rights to use them, I would maybe take a look at the models for this mod as well....  again, not texturing, just models.   However, if done correctly, the textures could most likely be reused, as the things I would want to change are cockpit windows that do not light up etc.  I assume this must be done in the model to define the surface to add the glow to, so most likely will need access to the models and edit them to include this information.

However, since KSP2 is on the horizon, I am not sure how much effort to put into KSP 1 mods.  Do you intend to support KSP 1 even after KSP 2 is released?   Seems like a ton of work with the number of mods you maintain.

I'm only maintaining the mod, not working on the models.  If you want to work on them, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.  I only work on the part configs

• 4 weeks later...

Syntax errors from texture copy bash script.

I was told to post this here (I have no clue why, syntax errors are a bug.)

I'm getting a syntax error when running the bash script to copy textures.

I am running it from a terminal prompt with command "bash CopyTextures.sh"
I am using Bash version "5.1.4(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)" on Kubuntu Linux.

I am getting the following error log:

/n/nThis batch file will copy the missing textures from the inaccessable
Squad/zDeprecated directory 
/n/n
Press return to continue

./BashCopyTextures.sh: line 17: [: too many arguments
./BashCopyTextures.sh: line 18: cd: too many arguments
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800_v1/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800_v1/model001.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT400_v1/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model001.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Structural/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model001.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Aero/protectiveRocketNoseMk7_v1/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Command/probeStackSphere_v1/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine48-7S_v1/*.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSkipper_v1/*.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/dockingPort_v1/*.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr_v1/*.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/rcsBlockRV-105_v1/rcs.dds': No such file or directory
/n/nThe files have been copied/n
Press return to continue

The errors that are notable are:
"./BashCopyTextures.sh: line 17: [: too many arguments
./BashCopyTextures.sh: line 18: cd: too many arguments"

As well as the fact that the "/n" marks are not being copied.

I am wondering if this particular revision of the script ever worked, or if this is an issue with this particular version of bash not interpreting the script when run from the command line like this.
It appears there are spaces and quotes where there shouldn't be in the script, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Ruedii
added notes of the possibility of compatibility issues with newer bash versions.

4 minutes ago, Ruedii said:

Syntax errors from texture copy bash script.

I was told to post this here (I have no clue why, syntax errors are a bug.)

I'm getting a syntax error when running the bash script to copy textures.

I am running it from a terminal prompt with command "bash CopyTextures.sh"
I am using Bash version "5.1.4(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)" on Kubuntu Linux.

I am getting the following error log:

/n/n
Press return to continue

./BashCopyTextures.sh: line 17: [: too many arguments
./BashCopyTextures.sh: line 18: cd: too many arguments
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800_v1/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT800_v1/model001.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankT400_v1/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankJumbo-64/model001.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Structural/Size3Decoupler/decoupler_and_adaptor_cm.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/fuelTankX200-32/model001.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Aero/protectiveRocketNoseMk7_v1/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Command/probeStackSphere_v1/model000.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngine48-7S_v1/*.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineSkipper_v1/*.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/dockingPort_v1/*.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr_v1/*.dds': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat '../../Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/rcsBlockRV-105_v1/rcs.dds': No such file or directory
Press return to continue

The errors that are notable are:
"./BashCopyTextures.sh: line 17: [: too many arguments
./BashCopyTextures.sh: line 18: cd: too many arguments"

As well as the fact that the "/n" marks are not being copied.

I am wondering if this particular revision of the script ever worked, or if this is an issue with this particular version of bash not interpreting the script when run from the command line like this.
It appears there are spaces and quotes where there shouldn't be in the script, as far as I can tell.

Ok, I'll make a Kubuntu install in a vm and test the script there

It is notable that I did not set the executable bit and use ./CopyTexutures.sh  This might change the way some of the code is interpreted. 

I will also try echoing it over to bash, to see if that fixes the interpretation.  It is acting like it hasn't gone through the pre-processor.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, I'll make a Kubuntu install in a vm and test the script there

Going forward on my end, after I run some late night errands tonight, I will go and attempt other methods to run the script to see if it fixes pre-processor behavior.
I'll first try setting the executable bit and running it as a standard script with "./CopyTextures.sh"
If that doesn't work I will attempt two other methods using pipes:
bash < CopyTextures.sh
cat CopyTextures.sh | bash

I will also look into bash's command prompt instructions, as well as try zsh and busybox instead.

BTW,  next time just say it looks like we need to coordinate the troubleshooting, and we should do so on the forum post.  :cool:

Clearly there is a bug in the script or the instructions, but we have to figure out which one.

Edited by Ruedii
Plans to track it down.

Update:
setting executible and running from command line as an executable fails.

Anyhow, I'm stumped for now.  I'll come back to this later.  I've got other things to do today.  First got to run errands (stupid store hours changed again, so no late night grocery run.)   Then I need to work on the wheel files for Airplane Plus and Grounded.  If that goes well I might pull over the work on some of your mods, including SXT.    I've been working on reverse engineering those wheel module configs, and I think I've figured it out.  I just need to verify some things.    I'll make sure to document the heck out of them, and maybe post up a page on the KSP Wiki.

If you can't get it working, I'll write a new script from scratch by reverse engineering your batch script.

BTW, Microsoft does ship powershell for Linux which can run .bat files.  However, I don't know if there are any syntax changes.   There is also a derivative of the open source clone of DOSKEY available for Linux.    I'll look into those two.  Powershell is a Mono app, so it can be shipped as a module for CKAN.  I don't know it's license.

Edited by Ruedii
Status, stumped, but I have some other stuff to work on.

2 hours ago, Ruedii said:

If you can't get it working, I'll write a new script from scratch by reverse engineering your batch script.

I have now tested it on a CentOS 7 system, and it worked fine.

This test was CLI based, since the CetnOS system I had was one of my servers

I tested the following (so you can replicate):

1. Cd'd into the SXT directory, ran the following command:

bash BashCopyTextures.sh

2. Cd'd in the GameData directory, ran the following command:

bash SXT/BashCopyTextures.sh

3.  Cd.d in the main KSP directory, ran the following command:

bash GameData/SXT/BashCopyTextures.sh

I'm building a new Kubuntu using the Easy Install method, will test there when done

Edit:  I've now repeated these same tests in Kubuntu, and they work.  The only thing that doesn't work is the double-clicking of the file from the desktop, I copied the terminal output below (the messages about "cannot create" are ok since the files are already there):

Desktop/KSP_1.12.3_dev/GameData/SXT$ bash BashCopyTextures.sh

(screen cleared)

/n/n
Press return to continue

mkdir: cannot create directory ‘fuelTankT800_v1’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘fuelTankT400_v1’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘fuelTankJumbo-64’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘Size3Decoupler’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘fuelTankX200-32’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘protectiveRocketNoseMk7’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘probeStackSphere’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘liquidEngine48-7S’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘liquidEngineSkipper’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘dockingPort’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘dockingPortSr’: File exists
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘rcsBlockRV-105’: File exists
Press return to continue

jbb@jbb-virtual-machine:~/Desktop/KSP_1.12.3_dev/GameData/SXT$ 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I'll see if this is a bug in my current release.  I currently am do for a distro update, and have been waiting on doing it until I install my new SSD.

I will probably go and do the distro update today or tomorrow. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.