[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

I've updated my system, so I'm going to do a super clean test on a much more typical Kubuntu 22.04 install with no other mods but Module manager, and installing by zip.  This will also isolate for CKAN nonsense.

Worst case, I have to rewrite the script to be (much) simpler. 

You shouldn't have to use the current directory stuff, but instead should use the directory the script is in.  I'll have to find the environmental variable that reads that.   The entire script is doing a lot of stuff the hard way.  Just CD the directory and work everything relative is how it should work.  No over-(ab)use of environmental variables.  It looks like the string filters need to be adjusted too. 

As a note, on Windows I recommend testing bash scripts in WSL2 these days instead Cygwin.  You could also use MinGW.  Cygwin is dreadfully out of date these days due to better options being available.

Edited by Ruedii
Moar info.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have black textures with these parts :

-probodobodyne dontstayputnik

-tycho magnetic anomaly 1

-pancake liquid fuel engine 

-nk21 veles engine black

-re-m1 commodore engine 

-rk-170 tsar pushka engine 

-conformal rocket cone mk3 

Help please!! 

Hello and thank you for keeping so many mods alive!

Are there some mods which improve the SXT cockpits for IVA ? Just like DE IVA Extension but for SXT. I've seen a video showing this (see below) but the link in the description is dead.

Thanks for your help!

Just now, Hippodingo said:

Hello and thank you for keeping so many mods alive!

Are there some mods which improve the SXT cockpits for IVA ? Just like DE IVA Extension but for SXT. I've seen a video showing this (see below) but the link in the description is dead.

Thanks for your help!

What's the broken link and post?

Ah, that's from the old *** malicious site we no longer use *** archive, I'll look for it.  Will be a day or so, I'm not at home right now

Edit:  I do have it, was able to look at my system remotely.  Be a bit patient, I'll get it online over the weekend.  Keep in mind that these are from 2015, so they may not work since some internals have changed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, Hippodingo said:

Thanks a lot for your time!

Here are all the files from the old site:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r8iexctjgkahm3m/AAD0faC0r_jA_qd4wb96D-Cza?dl=0

There are a number of files, I'm not going to do anything with this for a while, if ever.  Pick the latest, and try it

Thanks for pointing out these IVAs, I'd seen them a long time ago but forgot. I've added them into a list I keep with Reviva (which allows you to switch IVA in-flight/editor). One day I'll get round to adding more support for SXT since I do a lot of plane building and flying in IVA.

For SXT, I know that Warbirds IVAs includes SXT for the Bonny and Clyde aircraft (it's generally good). Reviva supports Warbirds (because I use it a lot).

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Here are all the files from the old site:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r8iexctjgkahm3m/AAD0faC0r_jA_qd4wb96D-Cza?dl=0

There are a number of files, I'm not going to do anything with this for a while, if ever.  Pick the latest, and try it

The latest version that has a space for SXT's Kossak cockpit seems to be 4.2. It's much less complete than in the Youtube video. Did I miss a dependancy? I have RPM, ASET avionics and ASET props installed and working well with other mods.

Edit: actually, the mod has no effect at all on SXT's Kossak cockpit. Then I guess - just as you said - the mod is too old.

34 minutes ago, 610yesnolovely said:

Thanks for pointing out these IVAs, I'd seen them a long time ago but forgot. I've added them into a list I keep with Reviva (which allows you to switch IVA in-flight/editor). One day I'll get round to adding more support for SXT since I do a lot of plane building and flying in IVA.

For SXT, I know that Warbirds IVAs includes SXT for the Bonny and Clyde aircraft (it's generally good). Reviva supports Warbirds (because I use it a lot).

Thank you, the Wardbird cockpits are nice! Reviva will be very useful.

Edited by Hippodingo

2 minutes ago, Hippodingo said:

The latest version that has a space for SXT's Kossak cockpit seems to be 4.2. It's much less complete than in the Youtube video. Did I miss a dependancy? I have RPM, ASET avionics and ASET props installed and working well with other mods.

No idea, and without a log file, I can't begin to comment.  You also didn't say which file you used, there were at least 5 or 6

Here is a  link to the original thread:  

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea, and without a log file, I can't begin to comment.  You also didn't say which file you used, there were at least 5 or 6

Here is a  link to the original thread:  

I used Modified_IVA-4.2.zip.

Here is the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bNk_u_4jI_GxLAmoBJCUaIb32LzndZ6P/view?usp=sharing.

Thanks!

I used Modified_IVA-4.2.zip.

Here is the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bNk_u_4jI_GxLAmoBJCUaIb32LzndZ6P/view?usp=sharing.

Thanks!

Well, try one of the later rc versions.  It would make sense that the newer files would have newer parts.  The newest of the files is:  Modified_IVA-5.0.rc1b.zip  

Well, try one of the later rc versions.  It would make sense that the newer files would have newer parts.  The newest of the files is:  Modified_IVA-5.0.rc1b.zip  

I've already tried this one but it seems to only concern MK1 stock cockpit (it's the only part mentionned in Internals and Parts files).

I've already tried this one but it seems to only concern MK1 stock cockpit (it's the only part mentionned in Internals and Parts files).

Not much more I can do.  Your log file requires me to ask for access since you are using Google Drive, and this is all I have from that old site.

Not much more I can do.  Your log file requires me to ask for access since you are using Google Drive, and this is all I have from that old site.

Yes, sorry, now you should have access to log file.

7 minutes ago, Hippodingo said:

Yes, sorry, now you should have access to log file.

You have lots of errors in your log file , including these ( a summary of all the missing part modules):

Cannot find InternalProp 'AKIDigitalIndicator_ALTITUDE'
Cannot find InternalProp 'AKIShortPLate'
Cannot find InternalProp 'RasterPropMonitorExampleMFD'
Cannot find InternalProp 'opt_iva_joystick'
Cannot find a Module of typename 'MASConfig'
Cannot find a Module of typename 'MASPersistent'
Cannot find a Module of typename 'TacLifeSupport'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSVTOLrotator'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSanimateGeneric'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSanimateThrottle'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSbuoyancy'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSengineMenuCleaner'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSengineSounds'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSfuelSwitch'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSinfoPopup'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSplanePropellerSpinner'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSpropellerAtmosphericNerf'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FSswitchEngineThrustTransform'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FStextureSwitch2'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleB9AnimateEngineMultiMode'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleB9AnimateIntake'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleB9AnimateThrottle'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleB9PartSwitch'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'RasterPropMonitor'
Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'RetractableLiftingSurface'
Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'DPAI_RPM'
Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'EngineIgnitorRPM'
Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'FSinternalPropRotator'
Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'InternalVesselView'
Cannot find an InternalModule of typename 'JSISCANsatRPM'

I'm also going to make a guess that you didn't bother to run the batch file which needs to be run to fix some missing texture errors, this file is in the SXT folder:  Windows_CopyTextures.bat

And a number of other errors also indicates that you may have installed some or all of the mods by hand and not using CKAN, causing some of these errors

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

KSP 1.12.3

latest SXT I am getting odd lift with these wings

rZXnBFq.jpeg
it seems to like the reverse set on the controls for lift.
these are the foldable wings.

EDIT EDIT EDIT FIXED

thought I would come back to say fixed it.

the mod retractable lifting surfaces never had a plugins folder no idea how that happened I shall look back over my mod downloads and see if where I got it from never packaged it correctly but I am sure it was from your github but I shall take a look.

EDIT 2

yep spacedock sorry it has the folder in the SXT downloads but does not contain the plugins folder with in

Edited by stk2008

• 3 weeks later...

Hi me again :)

I am building a little rover I am using the TG wheels.

I have attached them and once I get onto the run way its like there on ice I put traction up to max but still slide as though there is a sheet of ice on the ground.

CBNXgeg.jpeg

This is the second rover using different parts from the first incase it was a conflict but same issue with both.

I am using kspwheels maybe thats causing conflicts?.

EDIT
could this be the issue?

DUD6Du3.png

EDIT 2

ok i scaled the wheels using tweakscale and now they work great so no idea whats going on

VdaPCjV.jpeg

So from about 190% onwards seems to give control and act normal any thing below 190% they slip and slide.

Edited by stk2008

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, GUZooka1 said:

i only want the airbags from this mod and not really anything else, what should i delete to make it not break?

and actually is there a way to increase the bouncyness of the airbags?

7 hours ago, GUZooka1 said:

i only want the airbags from this mod and not really anything else, what should i delete to make it not break?

Try this:

The directories you absolutely need to keep are:

SXT/Parts/CoreTech/Utility/crashPad
SXT/Plugins
SXT/Sounds
SXT/Agencies
SXT/Localization
SXT/Squad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.