[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

Greetings,

New to SXT and I'm having an issue with the Meadowlark command pod. I attempted a crew transfer (part to part, not EVA) to a Meadowlark unit while in orbit and it appeared successful, but neither seat is filled nor can I select the kerbal who should be there. However, when I'm back in the tracking station, all of the crew (including the 'vanished' one) are accounted for in the vessel info panel. Any ideas on how I can find my missing Kerbal and get her back in a space chair?

@linuxgurugamer You wouldn't happen to know if there are any other mods that use your RetractableLiftingSurface plugin other than this mod, would you? I know the first time I saw the idea in SXT, I liked it. Then I found out you were making a plugin so the idea was fully fleshed out. (i.e. Lift wasn't generated when folded.) It's an appealing thing and less cumbersome than something made with IR (though perhaps not as flexible since this sorta needs purpose-made parts to make sense.)

Also, thanks for taking over so many mods and keeping them updated and relevant for new KSP versions. Somewhere between 1.0.5 and 1.1, many mods just got dropped or neglected. So, again, thanks for your time and efforts!

Thanks for the quick reply. Not much of that is aero-oriented, unfortunately. I do find REKT's OTAV intriguing. It (and Contares' grid fins) is along the lines of what I'd expect. But sadly, no actual wings. Still, I might look into REKT for its OTAV.

2 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

Also, thanks for taking over so many mods and keeping them updated and relevant for new KSP versions. Somewhere between 1.0.5 and 1.1, many mods just got dropped or neglected. So, again, thanks for your time and efforts!

Seconded!

@linuxgurugamer, all these mods you're maintaining must be chewing up a goodly portion of your time.. is there any way we can express our appreciation financially?

On 12/15/2016 at 10:29 PM, Sharpy said:

Desired result:

a90IvHa.png

Actual result:

pJMLubV.png

These little buggers:

EOnDB5q.png

have their orientation parallel to the truck surface, instead of intuitive "perpendicular to the surface" as most common nodes in stock do. Additionally, with the wheel blocks being symmetrical, you never know whether the orientation is "front" or "back" so even if you know the nodes are oriented "sideways" you must hover your part and hope for the best because you don't know if the node you attach it by needs to face forwards or backwards.

Took a little longer, but just released a fix

• Fixed nodes in truck

10 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

@linuxgurugamer, are you planning to make more parts for this mod or are you just maintaining it? Thanks :)

Also, sorry if this has been asked before. :) 

I am maintaining it.  I don't know how to do 3d modeling.  If someone makes parts I can do the configs and include them.

Hi,

i've created a mod wich is compatible and include a patch for your external seat,

please let me know if you agree with it (i will remove your patch if not), if you want to include the patch in your mod instead of mine, also can you notify me if something is changing in the concerned parts?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Skalou said:

Hi,

i've created a mod wich is compatible and include a patch for your external seat,

please let me know if you agree with it (i will remove your patch if not), if you want to include the patch in your mod instead of mine, also can you notify me if something is changing in the concerned parts?

Thank you.

I have no problem with it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CaptainConundrum said:

"Perun" and "Mokosh" both seem to require the tech "Experimental Rocketry," which I wasn't seeing until I installed the community tech tree. Are there plans to support players that don't have this mod, or will Community Tech Tree always be a dependency?

No, the patch to add it must have been deleted by accident, I'll get it back in there

1 hour ago, Aerospacer said:

@linuxgurugamer thank you, but... 117 Mb?

There seems to be at least one extra directory in GameData\SXT, namely GameData\SXT\aa, with a size on disk of 185 mb.

I was getting multiple parts showing up in the tech tree, in the proper nodes, but many entries for the same part(s), I guess that "aa" dir is causing it.

Edited by Argyle MHF

1 hour ago, Argyle MHF said:

There seems to be at least one extra directory in GameData\SXT, namely GameData\SXT\aa, with a size on disk of 185 mb.

I was getting multiple parts showing up in the tech tree, in the proper nodes, but many entries for the same part(s), I guess that "aa" dir is causing it.

Oh crap.  That was a mistake, I'll fix it, sorry.  Was rather busy yesterday with several issues.

Just delete that "aa" directory, I'm going to release an update in a few minutes

New release:  0.3.7.1

• Deleted unnecessary directory
  • Updated buildRelease.bat

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Is there a reason why the truck body parts and the wheels are in different research nodes? Just almost drove myself crazy wondering why there were no wheels :D

Oh also I think the truck nodes are still broken, unless it was because I was building the truck in the plane hanger?

3 hours ago, Aramazia Kin said:

Is there a reason why the truck body parts and the wheels are in different research nodes? Just almost drove myself crazy wondering why there were no wheels :D

Oh also I think the truck nodes are still broken, unless it was because I was building the truck in the plane hanger?

What version are you running?

And it looks like there are three tech nodes required, general construction and engineering 101 and advanced motors.

And just saying the nodes are broken is somewhat useless.  Pictures, examples, etc.  Need more description

I'll look into changing the research nodes

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.