[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

17 minutes ago, Kaleaze said:

Where can I find the log file?

KSP Version: 1.3.0.1804

SXT Version: 0.3.0 I think, it's the latest update that I've found on SpaceDock

It's in my sig, but to make it easy:

Read this BEFORE asking for support: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

Ok I have not flown this Glider in quite some time so the launch is FUBAR.  however as you can see it flies fine.  It recovers from that crappy launch and then flies as expected with no issues.

Yeah, it's working fine, maybe it's incompatible with a mod that I have.

I need a little help to understand Mk-10 Airbags options. I tested them several times in diferent situations and with diferent setting but I get same results.

1-What is SPLASH FX? Is this just visual effects?

2-What is FORCE PERCENT? 

3-Does BUOYANCY have any effect on land? (sounds stupid, but depending how buoyancy works it may indeed have affect how the mod works on land too)

Big Thanks!

6ZsNvCb.jpg

13 minutes ago, felcas said:

1-What is SPLASH FX? Is this just visual effects?

This is part of the firespitter buoyancy module. It controls whether any visible "foam" effects are shown.

22 minutes ago, felcas said:

2-What is FORCE PERCENT? 

The part has a built in decoupler. This controls the ejection force like with any other decoupler.

23 minutes ago, felcas said:

3-Does BUOYANCY have any effect on land? (sounds stupid, but depending how buoyancy works it may indeed have affect how the mod works on land too)

I don't think so - again this is from the FireSpitter plug-in. It only has effect if the current body has an ocean and the part's altitude is less than 0. Then it's used in the calculation of the uplift from the water.

There's a separate ModuleBounce supplied by SXT for surface impacts with airbags.

2 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I do not see version 0.3.14 on CKAN.  it still shows 0313 as the latest version for some reason.

Took a few minutes to figure out.

The way the version numbers changed, so I had to update the netkan file.

It's now available in CKAN

Edited by linuxgurugamer

22 hours ago, Kebab Kerman said:

Is this going to be tweakscale compatible?

I believe it already is TweakScale compatible. I was updated a few patches back, i think 80 to 90 % of the parts are resize-able, well the ones i use anyway. 

This mod doesn't work for me. When the loading is done, the game crashes. If anyone could help me out with this, the log file is here

EDIT: Turns out I've been using 32 bit version and the game ran out of memory. 

Edited by notJebKerman

Hi again, @linuxgurugamer - quick initial bug report and fix - Squad's MysteryGoo science experiment textures were renamed.

Line 10: SXT\Parts\CoreTech\Science\MiniGoo\part.cfg should be changed to the following to allow for Squad filename changes:

texture = A_GooExperiment_diff , Squad/Parts/Science/GooExperiment/GooExperiment

This issue solves https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/SXTContinued/issues/31

I also noticed a good amount of WRN and ERR on loadup - I've uploaded my logfile from a brand new load of just SXT and dependencies.  Please note that the above changes were already in effect for this logfile.

https://paste.ee/r/IOLXi/0

Please do enjoy your weekend!

Edited by Chimichanga
Uploaded logs

On 7/14/2017 at 11:24 PM, Chimichanga said:

I also noticed a good amount of WRN and ERR on loadup - I've uploaded my logfile from a brand new load of just SXT and dependencies.  Please note that the above changes were already in effect for this logfile

I've fixed the filename, thanks.

I looked at the file, and didn't see anything unexpected.  Can you be a bit more specific as to what is WRN and ERR in it which you are concerned about?

On 7/16/2017 at 0:53 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I've fixed the filename, thanks.

I looked at the file, and didn't see anything unexpected.  Can you be a bit more specific as to what is WRN and ERR in it which you are concerned about?

I don't know enough about KSP to add to this unfortunately but I trust your judgment!  If the warnings are expected then I have nothing else to report :D 

Thanks for all your work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.