[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have all the dependencies installed?

Firespitter

ModuleManager

Retractable Lifting Surface

Yep Latest version of the firespitter dll
Yep Version 3.10 of MM
I have installed the version of RLS that is in the zip for SXT Continued version 0.3.23.7

Edited by xD-FireStriker

5 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Yep Latest version of the firespitter dll
Yep Version 3.10 of MM
I have installed the version of RLS that is in the zip for SXT Continued version 0.3.23.7

Well, I haven't yet gotten to updating both SXT and RLS for 1.5 yet, you will just have to wait a bit

2 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Thanks i will wait for you to update this
Just deleted the file it was getting stuck on so i can use it while i wait and it worked, dont know what else is broken tho.

Please provide a log file with the error, that will help me find the problem.  

From my sig:

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

Don't know which log file you want so here's both.
This is it with the "propEngines" file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QM0-8JbnVeFAHgdU9xPw1KeUaaO7k8Zf/view?usp=sharing
This is the log file without the "propEngines" file that does launch to the menu: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1awhcvYXVfyAUjVCkGJEZ4vepenEEnEaH/view?usp=sharing

Where did you get Firespitter?  It's a problem with a missing resource, but that's included in the download (or should be)

Please upload a copy of the ModuleManager.ConfigCache.  You are missing a resource, but that resource is included in the file (just checked).

I'll see if I can look at it later today

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Cormorant Aeronology most recent version that was uploaded a few days ago for KSP 1.5, i will download it from the github and see if that doesnt fix it 

Make sure that the following file exists:

Firespitter/Resources/Firespitter.cfg

and that it contains the following:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
  name = FSCoolant
  density = 0.005
  flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
  transfer = PUMP
}

I think that Cormorant Aeronology may not be including that file

Also, I just downloaded  it from Spacedock, I see two things odd:

First, even though the thread says 1.5.1, Spacedock still says 1.4.5

Second, even though the thread says it includes Firespitter, but it has the Firespitter DLL in the wrong location, and doesn't include anything else from Firespitter, so that's your problem

Remove the Firespitter.dll from the GameData directory, and install the latest Firespitter package from Github

He actually includes two copies of the Firespitter, you should remove them both:

GameData/Firespitter.dll

GameData/Cormorant Aeronology/Firespitter.dll

and then install the package from Github

Just been doing some playing. The airbags seem to work as intended so the .dll probably only needs a refresh. The Meadowlark cockpit with its two command seats simply requires "CrewCapacity = 2" to gain modern function, but the Crew Report function is still inaccessible - "Crew Report requires the {part} to be manned." Probably best to delete that module from the part, along with the accompanying science container definition because it appears to be inaccessible - right-clicking the part offers no data storage/retrieval options.

I'll submit all this to the GitHub as an issue.

24 minutes ago, JH4C said:

The Meadowlark cockpit [cut by me], but the Crew Report function is still inaccessible 

I think it works as designed and intended.

Command Seats have this name because it's all what they are: a seat with a command stick.

If you need a full featured cockpit, I think you need to use... A cockpit! :)

Edited by Lisias
Quote abbreviation

7 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I think it works as designed and intended.

Command Seats have this name because it's all what they are: a seat with a command stick.

If you need a full featured cockpit, I think you need to use... A cockpit! :)

Oh, I fully understand that - the issue I'm reporting is that there is a Crew Report experiment built into the part that cannot succeed, which I doubt was the intention. There seems little purpose in fitting a component that will never function.

13 minutes ago, JH4C said:

Oh, I fully understand that - the issue I'm reporting is that there is a Crew Report experiment built into the part that cannot succeed, which I doubt was the intention. There seems little purpose in fitting a component that will never function.

So the report was a about the module presence, not about it's not working! 

My bad. Now that you explained, it's pretty obvious now. 

Sorry for the noise.

1 hour ago, JH4C said:

Right -- just an unfortunate aspect of wanting to create a cockpit that doesn't have enclosing "doors." I'm glad it can be crewed directly from the SPH now.

It does get me wondering what the lore/context is behind a "crew report." It makes sense that in a normal command seat, there's little more than some controls. An EVA report is essentially what a Kerbal could do. But the Meadowlark could have many more instruments and terminals, etc. on hand.

I get that it doesn't work because it's just a mutated command seat, but it would be cool to allow it to take crew report experiments.

Edited by Beetlecat

I'm working on the update, just a note for all:

SXT uses some Squad textures.  Unfortunately, some of the textures it uses have been moved into the zDeprecated directory, and are not directly accessible during loading.  This causes some textures to be missing.

The 1.5 release will have a Windows batch file and a Unix shell script to copy the missing textures into a local directory.  The script will need to be run one time after installation.

New release, 0.3.24

• Fixed Meadowlark for 1.5.1
  • Disabled the science experiment and container in Meadowlark
  • Thanks to @JadeOfMaar:
    • Updated the model for the Alouette probe
  • Added scripts to copy missing texture files
  • Updated parts which referenced missing texture files to use new location
  • Thanks to @Taniwha for the following:
    • Fixed hatch and ladder colliders for the Buzzard

Important

There are new instructions for installing which must be followed after  the install.  See the OP for full details

2 hours ago, VenDei said:

Hi LGG!
I'm coming back to KSP after something of a hiatus, and OMG you're maintaining a bucketload of the mods I like in my game. Just updated my pledge on Patreon (still peanuts, but more peanuts), and thank you for all your work!

Thank you.

It's all appreciated and used well.

I don't know if I'm just blind, but I installed SXT through CKAN, and I don't see any copytextures bat file inside of the SXT folder. Is there a way I could manually copy the necessary files?

Ah, nevermind. Turns out CKAN is hosting an outdated version of your mod. :P

Edited by Yoshidude

On 11/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, Yoshidude said:

I don't know if I'm just blind, but I installed SXT through CKAN, and I don't see any copytextures bat file inside of the SXT folder. Is there a way I could manually copy the necessary files?

Ah, nevermind. Turns out CKAN is hosting an outdated version of your mod. :P

If you've set CKAN to allow 1.4 mods, it appears that CKAN is showing the older version of SXT

I've opened an issue about this on Github

Edited by linuxgurugamer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.