[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

16 hours ago, IntoSpaceAgain said:

Just a heads up for anyone having trouble getting CKAN to update this mod:

I found that I had to uninstall the previous version of SXTContinued via CKAN and then reinstall to get the latest version. Not ideal but at least it worked.

That may have been caused by some bad metadata, it's been fixed

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

Iam on a windows 10 system.

i have multiple ksp installations.

if i would execute the provided .bat file that copies over the models for the fuel tanks, would this affect all installations or only the one where sxt is installed?

also if i look into the code of the batch file i cannot see anywhere where this files should be  after copy progress has finished. 
(if i would know i could copy them manualy)

or does the batch file copy the needed files directly into the folder and subfolder where its in?

Edited by mrvice

18 minutes ago, mrvice said:

@linuxgurugamer

Iam on a windows 10 system.

i have multiple ksp installations.

if i would execute the provided .bat file that copies over the models for the fuel tanks, would this affect all installations or only the one where sxt is installed?

also if i look into the code of the batch file i cannot see anywhere where this files should be  after copy progress has finished. 
(if i would know i could copy them manualy)

or does the batch file copy the needed files directly into the folder and subfolder where its in?

It's a simple script, you need to fo it fir each installation. The batch copies the files to where they are needed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2018 at 5:09 PM, [email protected] said:

is this compatible with Tweak scale?

Quite a few of the parts do work with Tweakscale however: The 3.75m Docking Port XL won't dock with Tweakscale installed.  You can uninstall Tweakscale, dock your stuff, and reinstall Tweakscale without issue.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer First of all thanks for keeping the mod alive. I have just a small QoL suggestion. I wanted to delete the "Tail connector 0.625m" part and searched for it for around 2 hours until i finally found it.

Its located in SXT/parts/Aviation/Command/Bonny/ and i was looking everywhere else, even in the Squad part folder because its the same manufacturer but it didnt come to mind that it could be in a command folder.
I found it with deleting single mods until the part was no longer in game and could isolate it further with deleting single folders.

I made a fresh install of KSP and installed around 40 mods so i was not sure which mod the part belongs to, thats definitly my bad but it could be solved easily if the part is moved out of the "Command" folder into the "Hull" folder for example.

Have a good one and fly safe.

On 2/17/2019 at 6:31 PM, TonedMite133805 said:

Also, how do I do the Directory  bash thing? I'm running KSP on a Mac.

I think the instructions are quite clear.  If you can't open the folder, then you have other problems.

Linux & OSX Desktop Instructions
================================
Open the SXT folder 
Double-click on the file:  BashCopyTextures.sh

9 minutes ago, TonedMite133805 said:

When I do it opens it in TextEdit.

oh.  ok, you didn't say that before.

And, it seems that the Mac I tested on was configured differently.

So, here are some rough instructions

1. Find and write down the path to the directory where KSP is installed.  For the example below, I'm going to assume KSP is in a folder on the Desktop, which would have a path of Desktop/KerbalSpaceProgram
  2. Open a Terminal window (under Utilities)
  3. Type the following commands:
    1. cd; cd Desktop/KerbalSpaceProgram
    2. cd GameData/SXT
    3. ./BashCopyTextures.sh
    4. exit

20 hours ago, TonedMite133805 said:

Hoping for more 0.625/Mk.0 fuselage and lift/control surfaces pieces? Could that be looked into?

I think I figured out the bash thing.

What do the pipes do?

This mod is in a maintenance mode, I don't do 3d work.  If someone contributed parts, I'd be happy to include them

I believe they are used for connecting things

51 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This mod is in a maintenance mode, I don't do 3d work.  If someone contributed parts, I'd be happy to include them

I believe they are used for connecting things

Like the construction girders?

How detailed do the 3d models need to be? Are the models and the textures separate?

Because one thing I would like to see is a Mk.0/0.625m fuel tank and/or structural fuselage retextured to match the 0.625m/Mk.0 cockpits and tail assembly. How easy would making a reskin/retexture of that nature be?

Edited by TonedMite133805
Adding more content

1 hour ago, TonedMite133805 said:

Like the construction girders?

How detailed do the 3d models need to be? Are the models and the textures separate?

Because one thing I would like to see is a Mk.0/0.625m fuel tank and/or structural fuselage retextured to match the 0.625m/Mk.0 cockpits and tail assembly. How easy would making a reskin/retexture of that nature be?

Would be best to direct those questions to one of the excellent 3D modelers on the forum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.