[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

Hi there, wondering about compatibility with ReStock and using the .whitelist file? Is there a sample whitelist file available for SXT, or perhaps it's got that file/compatibility in the most recent download?

In previous installs, SXT was usually in my load order, but I haven't downloaded since ReStock was released.

I'll go ahead and install and report back if I run into any issues. Thanks!

Edited by scottadges

52 minutes ago, scottadges said:

Hi there, wondering about compatibility with ReStock and using the .whitelist file? Is there a sample whitelist file available for SXT, or perhaps it's got that file/compatibility in the most recent download?

In previous installs, SXT was usually in my load order, but I haven't downloaded since ReStock was released.

I'll go ahead and install and report back if I run into any issues. Thanks!

There is a whitelist file in the current release of SXT

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 8:30 PM, Jesusthebird said:

Whats this about an issue with restock? Is this because sxt uses squad textures or something and restock changes those references?

ReStock removes many if not most of the stock textures.  Mods which rely on reusing those textures break if no whitelist is provided

Hey Linux, there seems to be a conflict with the textures for the structural parts and I cant find it... I have tried loading each mod one by one and I cant find which one is causing the textures to turn black. I know you are busy but can you help me? I dont know how to read this log file :(

Here is the log file and the images below. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V0ongpuT-F9EOax4LkpkezFrPSdCyS8-/view?usp=sharing

Spoiler

ZqUBSCL.pngP5pj8tq.jpg

22 hours ago, vmatt1203 said:

Hey Linux, there seems to be a conflict with the textures for the structural parts and I cant find it... I have tried loading each mod one by one and I cant find which one is causing the textures to turn black. I know you are busy but can you help me? I dont know how to read this log file :(

Here is the log file and the images below. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V0ongpuT-F9EOax4LkpkezFrPSdCyS8-/view?usp=sharing

Reveal hidden contents

ZqUBSCL.pngP5pj8tq.jpg

Are you running standard graphics or are you forcing a different graphical mode?

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you running standard graphics or are you forcing a different graphical mode?

Graphics are full stock except the skybox replaced with texture replacer. Its running default dx 9 or 10, what ever unity runs in. Its a fresh install with only the mods in the spoilers installed, as well as all the mods being re-downloaded and up to date. Nvidia control panel has everything set to application controlled too. It was perfectly fine in 1.6.1 with the exact same mods installed. The weird thing is its only affecting the structural parts in the pack and nothing else. Im out of ideas lol. So if you got nothing ill just reconstruct the stations that use these parts and live without them and hope it goes away with 1.8 (or 1.7.1 what ever it may be). Thank you for the response :)

22 minutes ago, vmatt1203 said:

Graphics are full stock except the skybox replaced with texture replacer. Its running default dx 9 or 10, what ever unity runs in. Its a fresh install with only the mods in the spoilers installed, as well as all the mods being re-downloaded and up to date. Nvidia control panel has everything set to application controlled too. It was perfectly fine in 1.6.1 with the exact same mods installed. The weird thing is its only affecting the structural parts in the pack and nothing else. Im out of ideas lol. So if you got nothing ill just reconstruct the stations that use these parts and live without them and hope it goes away with 1.8 (or 1.7.1 what ever it may be). Thank you for the response :)

I'll see if I can look at the log file in the next day or so.  In the meantime, maybe someone else might have time to look at it.

I took a very fast look, I don't think it's ReStock, but you did mention that you were running 1.7.  So it's possible that some stock textures are missing.  I'll have to look.  Also, just for a test, try removing ReStock and see if that fixes it.

1 hour ago, vmatt1203 said:

Ok, the problem is 1.7 changed parts and some of the textures that SXT depended upon aren't there anymore, or at least have been moved.

I know it looks weird, but keep using the parts, and I'll get an update out in the next few days to fix this

Looks like there are some more textures I need to fix, this was already done for 1.6

Edited by linuxgurugamer

31 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, the problem is 1.7 changed parts and some of the textures that SXT depended upon aren't there anymore, or at least have been moved.

I know it looks weird, but keep using the parts, and I'll get an update out in the next few days to fix this

This problem is known and there is a fix available. In fact, it's just about the first thing when you read the OP. *snip*

The script only replaced three of the missing textures so it looks like there were some that were either moved else where or completely removed by squad. The parts it missed were in the structural parts and fuel tanks:

Structural:

OX-MTV (All of them)

XC-MTV (All of them)

Fuel Tanks:

OX-32 Inflatable (Both frame and tank texture missing)

OX-32S Inflatable (Just frame texture missing)

Just so you are aware when you go to update the mod. Cant believe I missed the instructions in the OP. Also I am not using Restock so that could not be affecting it (unless its hidden in a different mod). Thank you again!

Edited by vmatt1203

14 minutes ago, vmatt1203 said:

The script only replaced three of the missing textures so it looks like there were some that were either moved else where or completely removed by squad. The parts it missed were in the structural parts and fuel tanks:

Structural:

OX-MTV (All of them)

XC-MTV (All of them)

Fuel Tanks:

OX-32 Inflatable (Both frame and tank texture missing)

OX-32S Inflatable (Just frame texture missing)

Just so you are aware when you go to update the mod. Cant believe I missed the instructions in the OP. Also I am not using Restock so that could not be affecting it (unless its hidden in a different mod). Thank you again!

The script was written when 1.5.1 came out.  There were no other changes until 1.7, and I'm working on that, may even be this evening

New release, 0.3.28

• More fixes due to missing textures:
    • OX-MTV (All of them)
    • XC-MTV (All of them)
    • OX-32 Inflatable (Both frame and tank texture missing)
    • OX-32S Inflatable (Just frame texture missing

Please note that this is for KSP 1.7 only, and you will need to run the script listed in the OP in order to copy the missing textures

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, @linuxgurugamer!

Here is a part for SXT, that i tald on one of your last streams.

Spoiler

iwjiu4m.jpg

Material names as textures, colliders included (maked with all coliders creation rules).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXagcA8s7W4Dwb7cN-pmCwHdbIoQbwum/view?usp=sharing

Where we can use it? Replace that clipped tail on VTOL X-An-225 "Mriya" 

Spoiler

Edited by macenkodenis

13 hours ago, macenkodenis said:

Hello, @linuxgurugamer!

Here is a part for SXT, that i tald on one of your last streams.

Reveal hidden contents

iwjiu4m.jpg

Material names as textures, colliders included (maked with all coliders creation rules).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXagcA8s7W4Dwb7cN-pmCwHdbIoQbwum/view?usp=sharing

Where we can use it? Replace that clipped tail on VTOL X-An-225 "Mriya" 

Reveal hidden contents

Looks nice, but somewhat unfinished as of now

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You had an fbx file but no part files, so hard to tell

Understand. If it will be more useful - i can export from blender in many other filetypes. Like OBJ, 3DS, enc. Even in .mu, but ingame exportet right in .mu have no materials.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.