[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

Large wings don't create lift (visible in editor, center of lift does not move when moving wing around), found an error in in Player.log:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/Wing/partLarge/SXTWingLarge'

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartLoader Warning: Variable lforox not found in Part

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

PartLoader Warning: Variable lfifplusox not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable oxifpluslf not found in Part

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

PartLoader: Part 'SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/Wing/partLarge/SXTWingLarge' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SXTWingLarge'

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/Wing/partLarger/SXTWingVeryLarge'

PartLoader Warning: Variable lforox not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable lfifplusox not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable oxifpluslf not found in Part

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'FARWingAerodynamicModel'

PartLoader: Part 'SXT/Parts/Aviation/Aero/Wing/partLarger/SXTWingVeryLarge' has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'SXTWingVeryLarge'

I don't have FAR installed. Removing the FAR mod compatibility patches bring back lift.

...and the Partloader warnings may point to the reason the internal fuel tanks can not be filled :o

Edited by emerald

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 10:04 AM, Torih said:

Getting a slight issue with the part sorting on latest 0.3.3, seems a lot of the parts are added to the EVA items (added by Kerbal Inventory System)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak4f0bftth3gmbj/Screenshot 2016-11-13 15.01.56.png?dl=0

Ummm, if that happens when KIS is installed, then you have a problem with KIS

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, if that happens when KIS is installed, then you have a problem with KIS

This is the only mod that does it, I have loads of other part mods that don't put anything in KIS folder. I'll check with them though.

Just now, Torih said:

This is the only mod that does it, I have loads of other part mods that don't put anything in KIS folder. I'll check with them though.

Oh.  Duh!  I'm just waking up after a very long night.

Find the file:  GameData/SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/WIP/KIS/SXT_KIS.cfg

Delete it.  It's an older file, I'll have to go over it and figure out what makes sense 

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh.  Duh!  I'm just waking up after a very long night.

Find the file:  GameData/SXT/Patches/ModCompatibility/WIP/KIS/SXT_KIS.cfg

Delete it.  It's an older file, I'll have to go over it and figure out what makes sense 

Will do cheers, go get yourself a coffee :)

I encountered an issue: During filming I made a simple plane for a rescue mission.
I used the propeller engine you give at 'start'.
They produce acceleration up to ~98m/s and work fine.
Missing for me are sound and animation of the propeller.
Any idea why the animation and sound are missing?

Using KSP 1.2.1
SXT(Continine) 0.3.3

35 minutes ago, PieBue said:

I encountered an issue: During filming I made a simple plane for a rescue mission.
I used the propeller engine you give at 'start'.
They produce acceleration up to ~98m/s and work fine.
Missing for me are sound and animation of the propeller.
Any idea why the animation and sound are missing?

Using KSP 1.2.1
SXT(Continine) 0.3.3

Sounds like you're missing Firespitter plugin, the propeller animations and sounds use it.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

Hello @linuxgurugamer, looks like you're taking on more and more.  My goodness.  Quick question, KSC++ used to be part of the old LackLuster thread.  Has that been removed or relocated?  Either way, once again good on you.

I did this about 6 weeks ago.  Not doing KSC++ at this time

Haha, I just saw the dates at the start of the thread.  Ok, that's alright.  From what I can tell so far (haven't really gotten into the bones of using Kerbal Konstructs) KSC++ hasn't broken anything in 1.2.2 for me.  That said, I have not really done anything other than actually say "OOhhhh, KSC looks cool and my frame rate isn't tanking!" as I do a fly over/tunnel run

Hey pal. Thanks for the enormous amount of work you're doing.

Anyway, you probably know this already but if you fold the folding wing in mid-air, the plane just keeps fyling straight onwards. Ditto if you fold them both.

And the landing gear + solar panels attached to it kept flying in formation next to it :P (probably not a lot one could do about that...)

Looks like this is the only plane mod that is still up to date...

If I only want to get your plane engines, Can i copy just the GameData\SXT\Parts\Aviation\  files for example and Ignore some folders like OldParts and OldAssets ? of course I'll take the Firespitter folder. :)

Thanks a lot for your work on this !

56 minutes ago, vanlock said:

Looks like this is the only plane mod that is still up to date...

If I only want to get your plane engines, Can i copy just the GameData\SXT\Parts\Aviation\  files for example and Ignore some folders like OldParts and OldAssets ? of course I'll take the Firespitter folder. :)

Thanks a lot for your work on this !

What do you mean the only plane mod up to date there are

and this should work with the newest Firespitter plugin

On 1.11.2016 at 7:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I did the tweaking in the cfg file.

Only other thing I can think of is to create another type of truck, but that's entirely up to you.  There are certainly enough other vehicles out there that it isn't really necessary.

I wouldn't mind, instead of 'another type of truck', to slice the truck a little more, into finer pieces. Say, instead of two types of cockpits, that differ by width, a section with just the cabin, a section with the engine, and the LF tank (with headlight). This would also solve the terribly awkward collider which doesn't allow to put stuff in the corner between the cabin and the engine. Instead of two types of wheel mounts, and two types of 'body', give 'mid-body', 'side section' and 'wheel mount'. Bumper mid-section and bumper tail light. Essentially, on top of current 'slicing', slice the small truck length-wise; left, middle, right. No more enforcement of "wide truck" and "narrow truck", just a truck as wide as you like by putting multiple "mid-sections" in between.

Regardless, one 'bug report' to current trucks: the node direction of the central nodes of the wheel mount segments - they are directed "along the truck long axis", instead of the intuitive "up". So if you mount, say, a KIS crate, instead of sitting on top of the truck, it clips halfway into it.

13 hours ago, MeCripp said:

What do you mean the only plane mod up to date there are

and this should work with the newest Firespitter plugin

Indeed please accept my apologies, I've been away from KSP and the modding community for 6 months or more and yesterday I didn't manage to properly search the forum... I only found airplanePlus and I should have gone to bed sooner instead of posting this... :-/

Thank you for the links.

Edited by vanlock

8 hours ago, Sharpy said:

I wouldn't mind, instead of 'another type of truck', to slice the truck a little more, into finer pieces. Say, instead of two types of cockpits, that differ by width, a section with just the cabin, a section with the engine, and the LF tank (with headlight). This would also solve the terribly awkward collider which doesn't allow to put stuff in the corner between the cabin and the engine. Instead of two types of wheel mounts, and two types of 'body', give 'mid-body', 'side section' and 'wheel mount'. Bumper mid-section and bumper tail light. Essentially, on top of current 'slicing', slice the small truck length-wise; left, middle, right. No more enforcement of "wide truck" and "narrow truck", just a truck as wide as you like by putting multiple "mid-sections" in between.

Regardless, one 'bug report' to current trucks: the node direction of the central nodes of the wheel mount segments - they are directed "along the truck long axis", instead of the intuitive "up". So if you mount, say, a KIS crate, instead of sitting on top of the truck, it clips halfway into it.

Can you post an image and/or a craft file showing the problem?

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.