[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What version are you running?

And it looks like there are three tech nodes required, general construction and engineering 101 and advanced motors.

And just saying the nodes are broken is somewhat useless.  Pictures, examples, etc.  Need more description

I'll look into changing the research nodes

Ah sorry, I'm on the latest update 0.3.7.1 and I mean that the truck nodes are still rotated 90º as was pointed out earlier in the thread. 

ksp.jpg

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The nodes were fixed.

Look at this video to see how to do it:

The Truck Box part doesn't use nodes, it surface attaches. If you try and attach a part to the node on the bed of the truck you have to rotate the part 90º like in the picture I posted.

37 minutes ago, Aramazia Kin said:

The Truck Box part doesn't use nodes, it surface attaches. If you try and attach a part to the node on the bed of the truck you have to rotate the part 90º like in the picture I posted.

Ummm, so?   Did you see the video I posted?  That's the way surface attachments work.  By carefully moving the box, you can get it rotated properly.

Call it a quirk if you like.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, so?   Did you see the video I posted?  That's the way surface attachments work.  By carefully moving the box, you can get it rotated properly.

Call it a quirk if you like.

But I'm not saying there's anything wrong with surface attaching parts, there's something wrong with the nodes so parts that attach that way have to be rotated 90º before you can attach them.

The part "SXTTubeAntenna" (Communotron DTS-R4) is way too power-hungry for transmission of science.

packetInterval = 0.1
packetSize = 0.125
packetResourceCost = 12

Because the packet size is 1/16th that of the DTS-M1, but the resource cost per packet is the same (at 12 EC/packet), it takes 16x the power to transmit a unit of science data compared to stock.  The cost per packet should probably be dropped from 12.0 down to 0.5 (1/24th) or 0.6 (1/20th).

0.1 is probably on the low side for packet interval (causes flickering), might want to go up to 0.25 or higher.

Edited by WuphonsReach

1 hour ago, WuphonsReach said:

The part "SXTTubeAntenna" (Communotron DTS-R4) is way too power-hungry for transmission of science.

packetInterval = 0.1
packetSize = 0.125
packetResourceCost = 12

Because the packet size is 1/16th that of the DTS-M1, but the resource cost per packet is the same (at 12 EC/packet), it takes 16x the power to transmit a unit of science data compared to stock.  The cost per packet should probably be dropped from 12.0 down to 0.5 (1/24th) or 0.6 (1/20th).

0.1 is probably on the low side for packet interval (causes flickering), might want to go up to 0.25 or higher.

Why don't you come up with some good values, and let me know.  

in fact, if you can, do a PR on Github, if you can't or don't know how, then just paste the config in here

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

Can I ask why the OX-HEX is breakable in atmo? it doesn't make a lot of sense considering it's a fixed panel and it makes it somewhat difficult to use if it breaks on ascent every time unless its in an unwieldy fairing.

@linuxgurugamer sup.

I've noticed an issue with some of my mods that involves mirrored control surfaces. If a control surface is mirrored using symmetry, then its 'deployed' direction is opposite.

If you have 2 mirrored control surfaces and you set them to 'deploy' one will point up and one will point down and you can't invert one as they are mirrored. This does not affect normal control such as roll and pitch.

It means you can't use the affected control surfaces for speed brakes, flaps etc...

This isn't the only mod to be affected.

Hope you can get it fixed soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Was looking for a mod to give me the little utility trucks and found that it was in this mod, and that someone had taken it over and made it compatible with 1.2!

Found an issue with the tuck wheels where they don't seem to work, they just spin not making the vehicle move. if you need more info I can look to getting a log for you.

Also slightly off topic but can anyone point me in the direction for a download of KSC++ as the link on the original thread does not work any more.

7 minutes ago, VShadow said:

Was looking for a mod to give me the little utility trucks and found that it was in this mod, and that someone had taken it over and made it compatible with 1.2!

Found an issue with the tuck wheels where they don't seem to work, they just spin not making the vehicle move. if you need more info I can look to getting a log for you.

Also slightly off topic but can anyone point me in the direction for a download of KSC++ as the link on the original thread does not work any more.

I had this issue with the wheels the other day, you have to get them turned the right direction.  I looked at the back of the wheel before attaching it, make sure the piston things are vertical and the V shaped part has the larger bit at the top.  At least I think that is how I got it to work.  

Can anyone else confirm what seems to be a bug for me, which is that whenever I load the Meadowlark with two Kerbals from the crew assignment screen, upon spawning on the runway, both Kerbals spawn out of their seats and violently collide with the interior of the cockpit. If I launch with only one Kerbal in the Meadowlark, then this problem doesn't exist.

On 22/03/2017 at 4:26 PM, eberkain said:

I had this issue with the wheels the other day, you have to get them turned the right direction.  I looked at the back of the wheel before attaching it, make sure the piston things are vertical and the V shaped part has the larger bit at the top.  At least I think that is how I got it to work.  

Thanks yep that has solved the issue, had a lot of fun drifting round the KSC

16 hours ago, Spike88 said:

If I just want the airplane parts, project pluto, and the ring, I can safely delete the rocketry, super launchers, and probe folders, correct?

As long as nothing else is using them, yes.

I'd suggest using The Janitor's Closet to do this.  It tries to be careful about what it prunes (when you do the PermaPrune option)

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

As long as nothing else is using them, yes.

I'd suggest using The Janitor's Closet to do this.  It tries to be careful about what it prunes (when you do the PermaPrune option)

I forgot the Janitors Closet did this, but I already manually deleted them. I'll guess I'll see if it has any ill affects. 

I'm having a problem with the Maintenance trucks.

I create a basic truck, both standard and/or wide with the TG-Wheels installed one at a time(4x).

When I launch the truck on the runway and/or launchpad and try to drive the truck it is locked in place.  The wheels rotate and I have tried adjusting everything to get the vehicle to move but nothing.

I can provide logs and a list of my mods but I wanted to check first to see if I was doing or using the trucks incorrectly.

If I use any other Rover Wheels I have no problems and the trucks drives perfectly.

Just looking for some guidance if anyone can help.

FYI, my intent is to use the truck as a science collection vehicle while playing in career mode.

Edited by Tuko

3 minutes ago, Tuko said:

I'm having a problem with the Maintenance trucks.

I create a basic truck, both standard and/or wide with the TG-Wheels installed one at a time(4x).

When I launch the truck on the runway and/or launchpad and try to drive the truck it is locked in place.  The wheels rotate and I have tried adjusting everything to get the vehicle to move but nothing.

I can provide logs and a list of my mods but I wanted to check first to see if I was doing or using the trucks incorrectly.

If I use any other Rover Wheels I have no problems and the trucks drives perfectly.

Just looking for some guidance if anyone can help.

FYI, my intent is to use the truck as a science collection vehicle while playing in career mode.

You probably don't have the sheels oriented properly.

The arrow (V) needs to be pointing down

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.