[1.12.x] SXT Continued

linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You probably don't have the sheels oriented properly.

The arrow (V) needs to be pointing down

Wow, that was a fast reply, lol.  Thanks for the quick response...

I'll go back into the game and recheck the wheels as you suggested, brb..

Again thanks.

16 minutes ago, Tuko said:

Wow, that was a fast reply, lol.  Thanks for the quick response...

I'll go back into the game and recheck the wheels as you suggested, brb..

Again thanks.

Yup, that's what it was, the Wheels weren't attached and oriented properly.

In additional, it was difficult to look behind the wheels while placing them.

How is anyone supposed to know to check the alignment like that, lol?

Muchos gracias Linuxgamer for helping me out.  It saved a lot of hair-pulling time for me!

Edited by Tuko

4 minutes ago, Tuko said:

Yup, that's what it was, the Wheels weren't attached and oriented properly.

In additional, it was difficult to look behind the wheels while placing them.

How is anyone supposed to know to check the alignment like that, lol?

Muchos gracias Linuxgamer for helping me out.  It saved a lot of hair-pulling time for me!

I just updated the OP and added a comment about it.

Glad it's working for you

the part SXTSmallFuselage appears to be a duplicate of the stock Mk0 jet fuel tank part. 

EDIT:  I did a pull request with an updated tweakscale config, should now cover everything. 

Edited by eberkain

19 hours ago, eberkain said:

the part SXTSmallFuselage appears to be a duplicate of the stock Mk0 jet fuel tank part. 

EDIT:  I did a pull request with an updated tweakscale config, should now cover everything. 

I see it, just merged, will release this evening

On 22/03/2017 at 2:25 PM, drZuko said:

Can anyone else confirm what seems to be a bug for me, which is that whenever I load the Meadowlark with two Kerbals from the crew assignment screen, upon spawning on the runway, both Kerbals spawn out of their seats and violently collide with the interior of the cockpit. If I launch with only one Kerbal in the Meadowlark, then this problem doesn't exist.

Happens to me too.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file and video, please

This won't be necessary. After doing some experimentation and critical thinking, I deduced that the issue doesn't lie within this mod, but rather within the part.cfg file of the external command seat itself.

For those like @Daniel Prates interested in resolving this as well:

GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\externalCommandSeat\externalCommandSeat.cfg -> Open with a text editor.

Under MODULE, you will see this line: ejectDirection = 0, 1, 0.2 [xz, y]. This line allows you to manipulate the ejection direction and magnitude imparted on the Kerbal. Personally, I reduced y to 0.1 and z to 0, which finally allowed me to make compact VTOL transport shuttles. 

I hope this helps :)

EDIT: While what I posted is still valid for those wanting to resolve the same issue, I realized that my response is to a completely different issue all together. I'll produce a log file and video soon, @linuxgurugamer I do suspect, however, that this may have something to do with the ejection configuration, so I'll make amendments to the Lark's part.cfg file first to see whether or not that fixes the issue.

Edited by drZuko

17 minutes ago, drZuko said:

This won't be necessary. After doing some experimentation and critical thinking, I deduced that the issue doesn't lie within this mod, but rather within the part.cfg file of the external command seat itself.

GameData\Squad\Parts\Command\externalCommandSeat\externalCommandSeat.cfg -> Open with a text editor.

Under MODULE, you will see this line: ejectDirection = 0, 1, 0.2 [xz, y]. This line allows you to manipulate the ejection direction and magnitude imparted on the Kerbal. Personally, I reduced y to 0.1 and z to 0, which finally allowed me to make compact VTOL transport shuttles. 

EDIT: While what I posted is still valid for those wanting to resolve the same issue, I realized that my response is to a completely different issue all together. I'll produce a log file and video soon, @linuxgurugamer

What is your edit of the ejectDirection intended to fix?

49 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What is your edit of the ejectDirection intended to fix?

I thought it would somehow mitigate the collisions by immediately forcing the Kerbal out and to the side of the cockpit, but after experimenting it seems that this change in ejectDirection values does nothing in this specific scenario.

Here is a video of the issue:

Spoiler

For whatever reason, I cannot seem to find my output_log.txt, having even done searches of my full drive to make sure that I am not blind. It seems like it's not even being produced; it should reside in my KSP_x64_Data folder, correct?

Edited by drZuko

2 hours ago, drZuko said:

EDIT: While what I posted is still valid for those wanting to resolve the same issue, I realized that my response is to a completely different issue all together. I'll produce a log file and video soon, @linuxgurugamer I do suspect, however, that this may have something to do with the ejection configuration, so I'll make amendments to the Lark's part.cfg file first to see whether or not that fixes the issue.

Thanks anyway Zuko!

1 hour ago, drZuko said:

I thought it would somehow mitigate the collisions by immediately forcing the Kerbal out and to the side of the cockpit, but after experimenting it seems that this change in ejectDirection values does nothing in this specific scenario.

Here is a video of the issue:

Reveal hidden contents

For whatever reason, I cannot seem to find my output_log.txt, having even done searches of my full drive to make sure that I am not blind. It seems like it's not even being produced; it should reside in my KSP_x64_Data folder, correct?

What os are you running g?

Just watched the video.  So I assume you are using Take Command, are you using the latest version?  I recall this was fixed a while ago in it.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Any chance you are running 32 bit?

I shouldn't be. I'm launching out of CKAN and have this in the command line: KSP_x64.exe -single-instance. I have a x64 shortcut on the desktop as well and have been launching from it on occasion. Even if I did run in x32, I would see a log file in the regular KSP_Data folder, wouldn't I?

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you are 32 bit, then the log would be in KSP_Data

Right, that's what I thought, but upon scouring both folders I haven't come across an output_log.txt file.

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you running fusebox, by any chance?

I am not.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, no need for now, since I can reporoduce it, but still a puzzle.

Did you search the entire disk?

Glad to hear that it's reproducible.

I did. Heck, I vainly searched all of my disks just to be sure.

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is it possible you disabled the logging?

Now that you mention it, this might well be the case. When launching a fresh install, error logging is an option in a small window on the main menu screen (there's a little green light next to it and some other option), yes? If so, then if I recall correctly, I may well have disabled the option.

57 minutes ago, drZuko said:

Thanks for the tip @Phineas Freak

@linuxgurugamer here is a dropbox link to my output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr4g1w5jnxz2ip2/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks, glad you were able to find it.

just so you know, I can reproduce it, but not sure if it's anything that can be fixed.  Looks like it may have to do with how close the seats are in the Lark, and not much I can do about that.

I'll keep looking into it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.